[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

x scroll ruining your hard work on old gear

haymanhayman
Reactions: 955
edited August 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
x scroll is going to be as common as philo. All the progression in this game is becoming so pointless. Instead of always replacing your gear, they should add new set like andriod and pet equips or perm set to give you extra damage. Always replacing your old gear and scrolling that we worked hard on means, our progression in this game is waste of time. Forever solo grinding, upgrading for insanely high hp bosses with only onces a week limit which can be killed under 10 minutes as maple content.
WONDERGUY
  1. Do you prefer9 votes
    1. new scrolls and gear replacing your old set that you worked on?
       22% (2 votes)
    2. new set and system that help increase your range without replacing your old gear and progression
       78% (7 votes)

Comments

• ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited August 2019
    Gear replacement has always been a thing in this game
    Kuronekonovadarik
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    this isn't gear replacements it's new pay2win bs when we have a perfectly good spell trace system they could have improved instead.

The only redeeming factor is the 0 boom chance, and the high success rate (100% in this case). Of course this also introduces new cancerous min maxing insensitives through requirement to return scroll at $5 a pop to try to get the top end roll.

If that's not bad enough it's also buried in philo books. There's very few worthwhile items in philo and you are as likely to pull an X scroll from a single book as you are to profit from buying philos. Another naked money gouge.

But I am sure we'll be expected to keep forking out money for a 1% chance at a good reward, all while a certain server starting with R can just progress entirely for free.

TLDR: they're only really a problem because of the cost.
    WONDERGUY
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited August 2019
    This is the same thing when prime scrolls came out, same complains when meta changes over and over.
    WONDERGUY
  • ShadEightShadEight
    edited August 2019
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    this isn't gear replacements it's new pay2win.

gear replacements usually go hand in hand with pay2win, so yes it is
    darikWONDERGUYKuronekonova
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    The simple fact that these currently exist is not enough to upend your "I spent tens of billions of mesos prime scrolling my gear" meta. They are not "ruining" anyone's gear just because a comparatively-scant few people got lucky enough to get them. Right now, they're limited. If you didn't get any last week or yesterday then, for the foreseeable future at least, you aren't going to get them at all unless you shell out somewhere north of 10b mesos per scroll.

I understand that they represent yet another tendril of power creep that will slowly snake its way into things, but the fact remains that there were not enough gained from 30 boxes per character(times as many characters as people felt like doing it on) for probably even one person to rescroll all of their gear. I have my doubts that, even across all the worlds, there were enough acquired to fully overhaul one character's equipment.

I would suggest shelving these fears and complaints until you see these scrolls included in a marvel run in the future. And given that this is nexon, we all know it's almost guaranteed to happen at some point. Once that happens, then you're free to pitch as many fits as you like, but until then don't freak out over something that's incredibly scarce just because it exists and has the potential to tarnish the money you sank into prime scrolls.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    ShadEight wrote: »

You're not understanding my point, likely because I didn't explain it well.

In a normal game getting stronger and improving gear is the usual progression. If that's all this was there would be no reason to complain. Instead it's a fresh cash grab from the company that never fails to nerf their player's free progression.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    ShadEight wrote: »

In a normal game getting stronger and improving gear is the usual progression. If that's all this was there would be no reason to complain. Instead it's a fresh cash grab from the company that never fails to nerf their player's free progression.

Right now they're absurdly rare, all this complaining is based solely on the fact that they exist. No one, I hope, is going to be stupid enough(although I've been surprised at the idiocy of certain people here and there before) to attempt to redo the scrolling on all of their gear on the heels of this event.

It's not a cash-grab until they show up in marvel/philo, and given that this is nexon, the very same nexon who "understands some players will be upset by this" before doing things anyway, that will likely be sometime in the near future. For all any of us know, though, they might not end up in marvel or philo, they might be a one-off or an item exclusive to this event.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    While I agree that nobody is being forced to remake their equips to min-max when you can reach Black Mage without these scrolls, the X scrolls are already in Philo books. So yeah it is a new p2w upgrade option and will eventually devalue (market wise) items that are scrolled with any "lower tier" scrolls. Didn't primes start out this exact same way?
    darik
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    It's not a cash-grab until they show up in marvel/philo.

They're literally in philo already. Right now.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited August 2019
    HHG1 wrote: »
    While I agree that nobody is being forced to remake their equips to min-max when you can reach Black Mage without these scrolls, the X scrolls are already in Philo books. So yeah it is a new p2w upgrade option and will eventually devalue (market wise) items that are scrolled with any "lower tier" scrolls. Didn't primes start out this exact same way?

Everything new that adds to power creep starts the same and the same people complain over and over, when 25* enhancement came, all the people complaint about t hey already had sw and starforced tyrants transpossed, and before that it was the nebulite meta and when flames came a lot of people complained because they lost their precious 4%all stat nebs and 25% or 20%boss nebs, its the same story again and again.
    Games evolve and meta change constantly, get used to it.
    WONDERGUY
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    It's not a cash-grab until they show up in marvel/philo.

They're literally in philo already. Right now.

Welp. I don't buy them so I don't bother reading the posts about them.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    edited August 2019

Why are you even complaining about the inability to progress toward end game for free in a pay 2 win game? You should know by now that free progression is only free up to a point and that gears get reset every so often.

Instead of throwing shade at Reboot for avoiding these 'cash grabs', go join them.
    WONDERGUY
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    Wonder how much people complained about prime scrolls "ruining" their gear back when those came out...
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited August 2019
    *laughs while watch from side ~thinking you are done spending~*
    p2w its outdated, you wont buy anything anymore that will improve you
    Gamble p2w its the new thing (you are going to spend same or more for a chance to get improvment)

You will never reach the max thing you are just going to spend a lot trying to reach max

Enjoy few free scroll if you did get them while can as they most likely never come back outside of lootbox wall just like prime scroll
    darik wrote: »
    HHG1 wrote: »

Everything new that adds to power creep starts the same and the same people complain over and over, when 25* enhancement came, all the people complaint about t hey already had sw and starforced tyrants transpossed, and before that it was the nebulite meta and when flames came a lot of people complained because they lost their precious 4%all stat nebs and 25% or 20%boss nebs, its the same story again and again.
    Games evolve and meta change constantly, get used to it.

Neb was biggest p2w scam feels bad for people that was spending huge amount of $$$ on trash gacha just for small chance of getting 25/20% neb

But glad we got flames god bless copy paste from KMS sometime
    darik
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited October 2019
    AUGUST 27...
    few months later lootbox in action
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Get your hands on rare items like the Breath of Divinity Ring, as well as NEW items such as:

Get your hands on rare items like the Breath of Divinity Ring, as well as NEW items such as:
    X Scrolls (One-Handed Weapon, Two Handed Weapon, Armor, Accessory and Pet Equipment Attack and Magic Attack)

cashop revmap last week make more sense now hahahha
    The following items are removed from the Cash Shop:
    Pet Guardian Scroll Coupon
    Pet Safety Scroll Coupon
    Pet Lucky Day Scroll Coupon

marketing team at nexonNA good job
    but .... nexon you can cover-hide that a bit better so it can sell nicely

WONDERGUY wrote: »
    p2w its outdated, you wont buy anything anymore that will improve you
    Gamble p2w its the new thing (you are going to spend same or more for a chance to get improvment)

Enjoy few free scroll if you did get them while can as they most likely never come back outside of lootbox wall just like prime scroll

#conspiracy
    #inMSgambleALLwin
    #lootboxNOTgamble
    #ignoreWHATruinsGAME
    #ignorePLAYERSdemand