[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Bring Zero to Reboot

SunoelSunoel
Reactions: 100
So I have a brilliant suggestion that we should allow Zero's in Reboot. I've been on and off maple for a while so I don't keep track with the forums, but why aren't Zero's allowed? I don't see any official threads or news sites that explains why they aren't allowed. There are a bunch of theoretical, hypothetical stuff created by other players that don't really explain anything. All I need is for someone to point me in the direction of a thread explaining why, or support the cause to add Zero's to Reboot. Cause honestly, I really want to main Zeros in REBOOT!!!

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2019
    Well...my forum thread is old, but I have it here with me.
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/17927/zero-and-reboot#latest

Unfortunately I have little hope that we will get Zero in Reboot :T...the reason Nexon tosses around is the weapon system.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    izoOhD9.png

Not really a brilliant or unique suggestion. And of the 288 results for the search criteria, probably a third or more of them go no further than "I want to main zero on reboot".
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Well...my forum thread is old, but I have it here with me.
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/17927/zero-and-reboot#latest

Unfortunately I have little hope that we will get Zero in Reboot :T...the reason Nexon tosses around is the weapon system.

I don't get why the weapon system is the reason. It only goes up to unique as far as I know, and it takes a combination of mesos and weapon points to use it anyway so it's not exactly free upgrades. Hell, at this point I would prefer they just come out and outright say they don't want zero in reboot because they just don't. At least then I wouldn't feel like someone's blowing smoke up my ass over it.
    PetalmagicArch_AlyssaKuronekonova
  • Arch_AlyssaArch_Alyssa
    Reactions: 1,335
    edited July 2019
    Zero can be release as it is to Reboot and it will be just fine. There is no good reason to keep it away.
  • Arch_AlyssaArch_Alyssa
    edited July 2019
    Fixing an issue where Zero characters could be created on Reboot world. All Zero characters created on Reboot before this maintenance will be deleted.

And.... That's the third time... :|
    PetalmagicKuronekonova
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited July 2019
    Fixing an issue where Zero characters could be created on Reboot world. All Zero characters created on Reboot before this maintenance will be deleted.

Boy howdy it sure is! And I'd like to bring back what I posted on the subreddit from #2:

q9KJ4Xr.png

Also, insofar as the point of "oh zero's weapon scrolls don't work on reboot": potential scrolls work just fine on reboot.

And, realistically, if the "400 weapon points and 100k mesos to reroll zero's weapon potential" is so game-breakingly bad or whatever, just increase the meso cost to a few million or so. And, again, the weapon-points potential rerolling only goes up to unique, so people would still be beholden to meso farming and buying cubes to get to legendary, so it's a moot point as far as I"m concerned.
    Arch_Alyssa
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »

Boy howdy it sure is! And I'd like to bring back what I posted on the subreddit from #2:

q9KJ4Xr.png

Also, insofar as the point of "oh zero's weapon scrolls don't work on reboot": potential scrolls work just fine on reboot.

And, realistically, if the "400 weapon points and 100k mesos to reroll zero's weapon potential" is so game-breakingly bad or whatever, just increase the meso cost to a few million or so. And, again, the weapon-points potential rerolling only goes up to unique, so people would still be beholden to meso farming and buying cubes to get to legendary, so it's a moot point as far as I"m concerned.

Heh, I said in my thread that the weapon potential thing would be a price raise. This is where I really don't see what the big problem is with giving us Zero :T
    Arch_Alyssa
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    I have a feeling Korea Nexon is telling them no to Zero in Reboot, but why do they even care? Reboot isn't nearly as popular there for it to be like they have to have Zero in their Reboot too.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited August 2019
    Sunoel wrote: »
    So I have a brilliant suggestion that we should allow Zero's in Reboot. I've been on and off maple for a while so I don't keep track with the forums, but why aren't Zero's allowed? I don't see any official threads or news sites that explains why they aren't allowed. There are a bunch of theoretical, hypothetical stuff created by other players that don't really explain anything. All I need is for someone to point me in the direction of a thread explaining why, or support the cause to add Zero's to Reboot. Cause honestly, I really want to main Zeros in REBOOT!!!

Savage ace already mentioned over and over that their weapon system isnt suitable for the reboot server and they havent come up with a way to fix this, and its not a priority for them
  • Arch_AlyssaArch_Alyssa
    edited August 2019
    Well it should be a priority, not fair at all that reboot doesn't have access to all of the classes. Especialy if the only reason behind it is "the weapon system doesn't fit for reboot"... How the hell they know that it's not going to fit if we never try it? After all these years, let it go like that and we'll see if it fits or not...
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited August 2019
    there is zero in reboot
    its just not permanent or that often
    when there is get quick on play it while can then wait 24h or more to be able to get back on other chars

;)
  • MalvonMalvon
    Reactions: 1,340
    edited August 2019
    The main reason why Zero won't be on Reboot is because of money. not because of the weapon system or anything like that and they already proved you could make a zero on reboot a few weeks back but they quickly removed it. So here is the link on their website if anyone is interested that shows it. http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/51888/complete-unscheduled-reboot-maintenance-july-24-2019

Now the reason why Zero as a whole works as an incentive to force players to use the regular server because if you want to play as every class and in the hopes that luring you on the regular server they hope you'll make a new character just to able to play as a zero and that you'll be temped to customize that character so that leads to an attachment to that character which then leads to be temped to keep that character and maybe then you'll try another on that same server because well I already have one character that looks cool plus I can make a zero on this server.

This is now where they have you in a trap because now you have characters on both reboot and a special limited character that is only playable on the standard server and you know that they hope that you will play and fund them both and the convenient ways of squeezing that little extra cash out of your wallet for that extra boost of power that can't be found on reboot but is on the regular servers is alluring enough to keep most coming and going.

I leave you with a quote from a certain guy says right before he gets killed by a raptor in Jurassic Park "Clever Girl".
    WONDERGUY
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited August 2019
    Well it should be a priority, not fair at all that reboot doesn't have access to all of the classes. Especialy if the only reason behind it is "the weapon system doesn't fit for reboot"... How the hell they know that it's not going to fit if we never try it? After all these years, let it go like that and we'll see if it fits or not...

Do u think they havent tried it test server? How can u blindly say they havent tried it without working there? Thats just an unfair accusation to nexon,u dont know if theyve tried it or not, dont blame them for stuff that u have no idea about.
  • Arch_AlyssaArch_Alyssa
    edited August 2019
    darik wrote: »

Do u think they havent tried it test server? How can u blindly say they havent tried it without working there? Thats just an unfair accusation to nexon,u dont know if theyve tried it or not, dont blame them for stuff that u have no idea about.

And what makes you think they did? Why the big silence about the true reasons of keeping it away from reboot? Maybe they did test it out just like the kinesis with some blue potion to replenish PP... After almost 4 years, I think the time as come for some real answers from their side on THE question : "Is zero ever gonna make it to the reboot server or not? If not, why"
    WONDERGUY
  • Arch_AlyssaArch_Alyssa
    edited August 2019
    Malvon wrote: »
    The main reason why Zero won't be on Reboot is because of money. not because of the weapon system or anything like that and they already proved you could make a zero on reboot a few weeks back but they quickly removed it. So here is the link on their website if anyone is interested that shows it. http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/51888/complete-unscheduled-reboot-maintenance-july-24-2019

Now the reason why Zero as a whole works as an incentive to force players to use the regular server because if you want to play as every class and in the hopes that luring you on the regular server they hope you'll make a new character just to able to play as a zero and that you'll be temped to customize that character so that leads to an attachment to that character which then leads to be temped to keep that character and maybe then you'll try another on that same server because well I already have one character that looks cool plus I can make a zero on this server.

This is now where they have you in a trap because now you have characters on both reboot and a special limited character that is only playable on the standard server and you know that they hope that you will play and fund them both and the convenient ways of squeezing that little extra cash out of your wallet for that extra boost of power that can't be found on reboot but is on the regular servers is alluring enough to keep most coming and going.

I leave you with a quote from a certain guy says right before he gets killed by a raptor in Jurassic Park "Clever Girl".

Yeah maybe it is the case, but I don't think people will play regular server just for Zero. People that I know choose reboot because they prefer the rules of the server rather than the rules on regular server (hate the scrolling and bpot on regular server) so even if zero is not on Reboot, we play reboot anyway. They never said from the start that Zero will never be release on Reboot either....
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    Well, as we all know by now, gms makes up barely over 1% of nexon(the corporation)'s total profits, so unless a more profitable region(like cms or something) starts making a stink over wanting zero in reboot, then it's unfortunately never going to happen.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited August 2019
    Malvon wrote: »
    Now the reason why Zero as a whole works as an incentive to force players to use the regular server

yes i'll just quit reboot to start over in a p2w server because a former OP class is 'too tempting'.....lmao
  • Arch_AlyssaArch_Alyssa
    edited August 2019
    Well, as we all know by now, gms makes up barely over 1% of nexon(the corporation)'s total profits, so unless a more profitable region(like cms or something) starts making a stink over wanting zero in reboot, then it's unfortunately never going to happen.

Is reboot in these regions is popular as it is here in Gms? I know reboot kms is dead and maybe that's why they don't do anything about zero in reboot.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019

Is reboot in these regions is popular as it is here in Gms? I know reboot kms is dead and maybe that's why they don't do anything about zero in reboot.

I'm really not sure