[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Transferring Equips with Strict Rules for Reboot

BluebowBluebow
Reactions: 400
edited August 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
With the last events of the Adventure Island and Maplehood Watch, I've noticed the increase of equipment that can be used for other characters yet the overall Reboot rule doesn't allow any equipment to be transferred via Storage.

I propose a strict set of rules of allowing equipment to be put in storage however, in order to do so you must:
-Has to be the base equipment when dropped. If it's an potential item, then you cannot reveal it.
-No manually added flames, star force or anything of the sort. Once you use a Potential Scroll, manually Flame or Starforce the item, it's no longer eligible to put in storage.
-Can only be put in storage once. If you put the equip in storage and pick it up on the wrong character, it is forever stuck on that character.
-Only certain equipment can be transferred. No Boss Equipment, Emblems, or Pocket Items.
-Level or Job Restriction to pull equipment from Storage. Must be at least Level 30 or Second Job on that character.

That should make it fair so that transferring can be implemented into the Reboot servers since I see a lot of equipment that basically sitting on a character that can be used elsewhere. Of course, the rules can be changed if they seem too lax or exploitable but the overall premise of this is to basically allow a one-time transfer of equipment in case of future events.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    The very notion of "transferring equipment between characters" is a non-starter for reboot. The server intends for you to build up every character you make from nothing. The server was never intended to be one in which you make a new character then transfer endgame equipment to it via storage.

Here are a number of threads on the matter, each ending in similar fashion:
  • BluebowBluebow
    edited August 2019
    While true, the fact of the events that give you free equipment becomes pointless honestly. I enjoy building my characters up from scratch but at the same time, there's little harm in having a one-time equip restriction on certain items.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    If you're talking about maplehood, that's been brought up, and summarily shot down, several times before as well.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited August 2019
    Maplehood transfer would be a godsend...but it does unfortunately go against the solo progression of Reboot. I am torn on the issue...Id love a one-time transfer on an equip but you'd almost have to make it exclusive to something like MHW, which would require some sort of internal tag in coding which might be complicated to implement.
    It may be better if Nexon just swapped the CRA gear drops to become the actual Boss drops so you can trade in for the equipment of choice...or add a "Choice Fafnir Box" and similar for the other equips in place of the randomized drops. It could be a Reboot only thing similar to our Gachapon :T
    FuhreakAggraphineArch_Alyssa
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    Easymode farming Maplehood on new characters to transfer any CRA to your main huh. Not gonna happen.
    Fuhreak
  • BluebowBluebow
    edited August 2019
    HHG1 wrote: »
    Easymode farming Maplehood on new characters to transfer any CRA to your main huh. Not gonna happen.

Hmm, I honestly wasn't thinking of that one. That's a fair point right there.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    Even the empress gear would be a fairly hefty benefit for a fresh character on reboot.

That aside, I do like Petal's idea up there about a select box. The only stipulation I'd add(since I don't see it in their post) would be for the box itself to be as untradeable as its contents. I did maplehood, today, on nine characters(because I can't be bothered to go any further) and I got two fafnir weapons as well as a hat and a top piece. I digress, but the key takeaway here is that in completing the quest 27 times and opening 135 boxes, I only got four cra pieces, and two were of the same slot. If kept at this current rate of acquisition, I see no negative impacts to changing the loose parts to a selection box. At best, you save yourself a few runs.
    PetalmagicArch_AlyssaFuhreak
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    This is actually the wrong direction. Reboot is supposed to be self-contained progression. That means it's time to convert the "storage" into a personal bank only for that individual character.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    This is actually the wrong direction. Reboot is supposed to be self-contained progression. That means it's time to convert the "storage" into a personal bank only for that individual character.

This would also be funny to see. And I'd wager the only reason it wasn't like this from the start was some limitation in the game's code that makes storage an all-or-nothing with no regard for the world it's on.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited August 2019
    I think stuff should remain untradeable on reboot, instead they should make the rewards from maplehood job locked, so u only get items of ur job
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited August 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »

This would also be funny to see. And I'd wager the only reason it wasn't like this from the start was some limitation in the game's code that makes storage an all-or-nothing with no regard for the world it's on.

plus it would open up exploits for dooping similar to the bit boxes system from years ago

however I do like to store my unused equips somewhere so...
    Fuhreak
  • BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited August 2019

Account wide self progression. This game is meant to be played with multiple characters.
    Fuhreak