[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Coming Back

iyKagomeiyKagome
Reactions: 1,010
edited August 2019 in Off-Topic Discussion
Well hello again. Ex-VFM here
I havent been on here for the past 3 years and I miss this game and forum so much.

Alot had happen in my life that caused me to put the game down, like job, laptop, losing my mom, and moving.

I want to come back but I might be overwhelmed with the new stuff in this game. I want to give it a try though.

I hope everyone is welcoming and I hope I can get back into the swing of things on this game.

Comments

• MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited August 2019
    Hello! Glad to see you again. There's definitely been a lot of changes. Of course feel free to bug any of us if you have questions.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    I'd hold off a couple more weeks or so if I were you. Game is particularly crashy at the moment.
  • iyKagomeiyKagome
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited August 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    I'd hold off a couple more weeks or so if I were you. Game is particularly crashy at the moment.

Oh really? Why is it crashy at the moment?
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited August 2019
    It would depend. I personally don't think it's bad, although we do have some issues relating to skills since the revamps. Those are being corrected, though.
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited August 2019
    iyKagome wrote: »
    I havent been on here for the past 3 years and I miss this game and forum so much.

Alot had happen in my life that caused me to put the game down, like job, laptop, losing my mom, and moving.

I want to come back but I might be overwhelmed with the new stuff in this game. I want to give it a try though.

I hope everyone is welcoming and I hope I can get back into the swing of things on this game.

Welcome back! Ask me anything since I'm one the oldest veterans that has kept playing Maplestory!
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited September 2019
    Lucsean99 wrote: »

Welcome back! Ask me anything since I'm one the oldest veterans that has kept playing Maplestory!

That's our fellow veteran mapler always up to the task and doing his thing :D

You can also ask I as well as my titles speak volumes. The game has a lot of changes and I think the first thing to do is think of long term goals or location. Reboot or normal worlds. Also if you would mind being in a server with hackers and botters or if you want to avoid it altogether. Not saying I want too ;/

But I think doing the research on servers before joining and seeing if your p2w or f2p is your style. Also just doing a background check on community culture as the server you join and invest in you would like to be friendly and on good terms with not all but most players as some bosses, you would need a team. But like I tell everyone to do the research and know what you're getting into before you jump all the way in.

Gl and hope you enjoy the game.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    Welcome back to Maplestory.
    If you're planning on starting semi-a-new, feel free to join myself and my guild on Scania. PM on forums if you're interested in joining.