[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Characters have been rearranged

StallbenStallben
Reactions: 1,245
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2019 in General Chat
Ever since the merge, all of my characters have been rearranged according to level from highest to lowest. There used to be a change location button on the character selection screen, but its not there anymore. Am I not able to rearrange my characters anymore? Not sure if this is a bug or the function has been moved somewhere else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited August 2019
    Mine were rearranged to chronological order, which is still mildly annoying since my characters weren't originally in that order.
  • MarkswomanSpinMarkswomanSpin
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited August 2019
    the "Change Location" button is on the top left under Change Pic and Reset Pic (see image)

Maple_190831_005352844529b609ac93ed.jpg

That is what you have to use to 'change the location' of a character on the selection screen
  • StallbenStallben
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    the "Change Location" button is on the top left under Change Pic and Reset Pic (see image)

Maple_190831_005352844529b609ac93ed.jpg

That is what you have to use to 'change the location' of a character on the selection screen

That's the thing though. Under the Change Pic and Reset Pic buttons, Change Location is not there. Like at all. I tried clicking around the general area and there is absolutely nothing there and I can't see it. I don't know if its just me but it was there before the merge and now its not for me.
  • MarkswomanSpinMarkswomanSpin
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited August 2019
    Stallben wrote: »
    That's the thing though. Under the Change Pic and Reset Pic buttons, Change Location is not there. Like at all. I tried clicking around the general area and there is absolutely nothing there and I can't see it. I don't know if its just me but it was there before the merge and now its not for me.

hmmm.. that screen shot is post merge for me. You might need to log a ticket so Nexon can see what the issue is for you.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    If you have excess characters (more than the slots you have unlocked) the button doesn't show. This is so that you can't rearrange characters at will to get access to the temporarily invisible characters. You have to delete characters so that you have 50/50 or less.
  • StallbenStallben
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    HHG1 wrote: »
    If you have excess characters (more than the slots you have unlocked) the button doesn't show. This is so that you can't rearrange characters at will to get access to the temporarily invisible characters. You have to delete characters so that you have 50/50 or less.

oh really? i'll try to delete one and see if it works.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019

But you are supposed to get a special UI to choose which 50 characters you see. It shouldn't be automatically sorted by level until after January 2020.
    @Stallben, you didn't get any such UI when you first logged in?
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    AKradian wrote: »

But you are supposed to get a special UI to choose which 50 characters you see. It shouldn't be automatically sorted by level until after January 2020.
    He asked about the normal change location button though. The special UI isn't that. I'm guessing he just selected from top to bottom in no particular order and didn't realize that would result in the order being arranged by level.

I wonder if people who didn't have excess characters had their order automatically rearranged, since they wouldn't be prompted to select their 50.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    I wonder if people who didn't have excess characters had their order automatically rearranged, since they wouldn't be prompted to select their 50.

People who didn't have excess characters, had their order reset to their creation order, for each source world. The order between characters of different worlds seems random.
  • StallbenStallben
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019

Yeah, I got the ui that lets me choose which characters I want in the world. I checked the boxes next to my characters in the order they were originally (lots of remembering) and assumed they'd be ordered accordingly. But they weren't and after I chose 50, the few other characters disappeared. I don't know if they were deleted or not.

When I got to the character selection screen, all of my characters were order by level from highest to lowest which is throwing off my rotation for leveling other characters. When I tried to rearrange them, the Change Location button disappeared. I don't know if I have to get a character slot coupon to fix this as I don't want to delete characters that I'm going to work on later.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    Yeah, I got the ui that lets me choose which characters I want in the world. I checked the boxes next to my characters in the order they were originally (lots of remembering) and assumed they'd be ordered accordingly. But they weren't and after I chose 50, the few other characters disappeared. I don't know if they were deleted or not.

When I got to the character selection screen, all of my characters were order by level from highest to lowest which is throwing off my rotation for leveling other characters. When I tried to rearrange them, the Change Location button disappeared. I don't know if I have to get a character slot coupon to fix this as I don't want to delete characters that I'm going to work on later.

Your other characters were not deleted, but you will not be able to see them until you delete one of the 50 you can see, or the character slot cap is raised (the earliest that could happen is around Christmas season, but it's not guaranteed even then).

I will forward the feedback regarding the inconvenience of having no "Change Location" button.
  • StallbenStallben
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019

Your other characters were not deleted, but you will not be able to see them until you delete one of the 50 you can see, or the character slot cap is raised (the earliest that could happen is around Christmas season, but it's not guaranteed even then).

I will forward the feedback regarding the inconvenience of having no "Change Location" button.

Thank you for the help on this. I will try to use a character slot coupon, but I'm not sure if it has been increased due to us having more classes than KMS, so maybe 50 is the default?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    50 is the current limit as of this last patch and accompanying world merges, if that's what you're asking.
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited August 2019
    As a hindrance this was having two of the same class in the same World server (Aurora) i had delete to of my classes luckily they were low level.

The amount of income I have spread out is close to 20Bill Mesos thx to the Merge, but my structure was a bit damage in leveling up, questing, and professions for a daily basis schedule .
    40+ Lv70 hawabi stars, so 2 Night Lords and 1 Nightwalker have a lot to share!