[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Botters Everywhere

SnowDazeSnowDaze
Reactions: 615
edited September 2019 in Rants and Raves
Big Spider map is full of botters and at least one hacker today, and I thought yesterday was bad I spent more time reporting than playing.

HuskyDMWONDERGUY

Comments

• HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited September 2019
    At this point I still don't know why aren't more resources being spent in reducing the amount of bots. They always go to the same areas, are always the same class, can be spotted from a mile away, and the problem has only gotten worse.
    WONDERGUY
  • MeiLingeMeiLinge
    Reactions: 970
    edited September 2019
    Its useless to go to every channel banning them, especially if the hackers are running programs and scripts that automatically create kanna bots. Its even harder when they are doing this in nested virtual systems. So what do you do? The choices are prevent bleed out from the massive gaping wound or pour burning alcohol and hope the infection doesn't spread.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited September 2019
    MeiLinge wrote: »
    Its useless to go to every channel banning them, especially if the hackers are running programs and scripts that automatically create kanna bots. Its even harder when they are doing this in nested virtual systems. So what do you do? The choices are prevent bleed out from the massive gaping wound or pour burning alcohol and hope the infection doesn't spread.

At least to do something and show that you care. Its not a problem with a one size fits all solution, but doing nothing won't help either. With how good they have gotten banning legit players as of late at least some of that effort could go to banning actual hackers.
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited September 2019
    I can't even report bots because I get the message "that character cannot be reported at this time". It's like every freaking quest that needs monster drops, there is always freaking bots in that map and I can't go 5 seconds without 20 botters stealing every damn kill in 0.5 seconds and it's PISSING. ME. OFF.
    HuskyDM