[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I want to start playing, but the game doesn't star

Vortex125Vortex125
Reactions: 200
edited September 2019 in Tech Support
I just finished downloading the game, at the moment of pressing "play" nothing happens, the nexon client is minimized, and nothing happens, I don't know what to do, I reinstalled it.
I appreciate your prompt solution, thanks in advance.
Regards!

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
  • Vortex125Vortex125
    edited September 2019
    AKradian wrote: »

I already tried almost all the solutions, if I change my operating system to windows 10 will the problem be fixed?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    If your operating system is Windows 7 or higher, you don't need to change it.
    Vortex125
  • Vortex125Vortex125
    edited September 2019

I want to play :c
    I will try to download it again, I don't know what else to do
  • Vortex125Vortex125
    edited September 2019

Do you know when the game has this problem? Or do you know if they will release an update? None of the solutions worked for me :/
    Sorry for the inconvenience
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    Unfortunately there are many different causes that might make the game not launch, that is why there are so many suggested solutions in that thread.
    I am not sure what Nexon is doing to solve the problems so players don't need to try all these workarounds.

If none of those solutions worked for you, you can try speaking with Nexon's Tech Support directly, at http://support-maplestory.nexon.net Maybe they can suggest some other solution.
    If you log in to that support website, you will see the option to Live Chat (during certain hours, which are listed on the website).
    Good luck!
    Vortex125
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    You might want to try using the steam version of the game as well, I know people who can't play the Nexon Launcher version but the steam version works for them for whatever reason.
    Don't count that out as a solution just because you already have the game downloaded on the Nexon Launcher. You can even link an account created through steam back to a nexon account, so you can log in with either like that. I personally use both versions to play.
    Vortex125