[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Kanna is the worst. Is this class a farmbot dream?

JostabeereJostabeere
Reactions: 650
edited September 2019 in General Chat
Hello. I have issues doing quests sometimes and grind for mobs because of this one class. Very often maps are infested with 1-3 Kanna players with green clown hats on. Every around level 40. Why do they have an ability which teleports them forever and kills any enemies via portals or whatever it is.
I am curious. Is this even legit gameplay?
Should I report all these Kannas for farmbotting? Are those bots or are those legit players who just afk-farm? Is afk-farming even legal? Is a screenshot of their profile, which is mainly just random numbers or cyrillic letters enough to get them banned? Just confused and a bit mad when I have to farm 30 quest items and all 20 channels are infested by Kannas.

( Just delete this class? Yes? No? Maybe? I see why people complain their Kannas get banned. They probably abuse it.)
HuskyDM

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    These are bots using hacks.
    Deleting the class won't help. The people running the bots will just change to another class. In the past, the meso-farming bots used to be Explorer mages, Evans, Demon Slayers, Blaze Wizards... Every time Nexon blocks the hacks that allow a class to "teleport forever and kill any enemies", as you put it, the hackers find a way to make another class do it, and flood certain maps with that new class. It's a never-ending war.

What you can do to help is report them. You can do it either by using the Report button in-game, or by taking screenshots and attaching them to a ticket at http://support-maplestory.nexon.net
    Fuhreakdarik
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2019
    Please, OP, don't be one of those people who thinks that every instance of the class is a hacker. There's an incredibly obvious difference between a legit player and a bot, it shouldn't even need to be explained because it's that obvious when you see it for yourself.
  • JostabeereJostabeere
    edited September 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Please, OP, don't be one of those people who thinks that every instance of the class is a hacker. There's an incredibly obvious difference between a legit player and a bot, it shouldn't even need to be explained because it's that obvious when you see it for yourself.

I did not think that. I asked if the class is just made this way. If I see bots using Kanna and all threads here which are about: "I got banned for not doing anything wrong" is with Kanna players, it raises suspicion.
    I asked if Kanna is just so broken and can spam a skill to clear an entire map forever? Is it that strong? Or are the hacks actually giving the skill more power?
    AKradian wrote: »
    These are bots using hacks.
    Deleting the class won't help. The people running the bots will just change to another class. In the past, the meso-farming bots used to be Explorer mages, Evans, Demon Slayers, Blaze Wizards... Every time Nexon blocks the hacks that allow a class to "teleport forever and kill any enemies", as you put it, the hackers find a way to make another class do it, and flood certain maps with that new class. It's a never-ending war.

What you can do to help is report them. You can do it either by using the Report button in-game, or by taking screenshots and attaching them to a ticket at http://support-maplestory.nexon.net

I know how the report function works. I asked if actually just sending a screen of their "player card" makes the support see "Oh right they have all that hat on and they're Kanna, they're bots" or do I need to record that stuff and send in a video.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited September 2019
    I'd say the best way to learn the difference between legit characters and bots is to make one and play it for yourself.

I don't have very much experience with kanna, pre- or post-revamp, but I can tell you that the ones flying around in a cloud of flower petals are bots and that is not how the class functions. Their teleport(the flower cloud) functions fairly similarly to explorer mages, in that you can use it from ladders and ropes. The big ol' demon-dude summon lasts for 30 seconds and you can only summon the highest-job-advance one you have. The first-job one is the one you hotkey, and the 2nd-4th job ones are passives that add onto that. And outside of a 4th job skill called nine-tailed fury(40-ish second cooldown), kanna has no skills that can affect a massively wide range.
  • JostabeereJostabeere
    edited September 2019
    I'd say the best way to learn the difference between legit characters and bots is to make one and play it for yourself.

I don't have very much experience with kanna, pre- or post-revamp, but I can tell you that the ones flying around in a cloud of flower petals are bots and that is not how the class functions. Their teleport(the flower cloud) functions fairly similarly to explorer mages, in that you can use it from ladders and ropes. The big ol' demon-dude summon lasts for 30 seconds and you can only summon the highest-job-advance one you have. The first-job one is the one you hotkey, and the 2nd-4th job ones are passives that add onto that. And outside of a 4th job skill called nine-tailed fury(40-ish second cooldown), kanna has no skills that can affect a massively wide range.

The ability was purple portal things on the ground and the Kannas teleported betwen them. Like. Hop into one and went to the next and so on. In circles while killing every mob with the sole movement between portals. No petals. All Kannas were lvl 40ish. 38-43s.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited September 2019
    Jostabeere wrote: »

The ability was purple portal things on the ground and the Kannas teleported betwen them. Like. Hop into one and went to the next and so on. In circles while killing every mob with the sole movement between portals. No petals. All Kannas were lvl 40ish. 38-43s.

That is the nature of the skills Geomancy creating pools of mana when you attack and Kanna's regular teleport skill, Mana Warp. Mana Warp can be used to warp directly to the mana pools you created while attack or be used as a traditional mage teleport. The only unnatural I've seen is the insane teleport speed since no one can teleport that fast.

There were times I see Kannas float in midair instead of warping to the portal (you cloud see the Kanna and their familiar flash when they do this and they would float over the portal.)
    Jostabeere
  • B7NetworkB7Network
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited September 2019
    Should I report all these Kannas for farmbotting?

that's always been a legit concern for me, because realistically, no one is going to sit in front of a computer for that long just to farm mesos, it's not time-efficient, matter of fact 90% of suicide kannas are using some kind of TAS like program and the other 10% are just bots, but what if (and I mean BIG if here) there was someone out there who actually has enough time to waste and is willing to go for the tedium of making a suicide kanna and just sit there playing to get enough money for an absolab weapon, I mean, in theory, if this person is right in front of the screen and using manual key input to exploit the game's mechanics, this is not hacking by definition, it's just a very underhanded way to get mesos, but it shouldn't be illegal ..

Right? because back when the leprechauns dropped those 30k clovers I used to go around those maps farming for them .. I mean, I had too much free time on my hands, but I wasn't CHEATING or was I?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited September 2019
    B7Network wrote: »
    Should I report all these Kannas for farmbotting?

that's always been a legit concern for me, because realistically, no one is going to sit in front of a computer for that long just to farm mesos, it's not time-efficient, matter of fact 90% of suicide kannas are using some kind of TAS like program and the other 10% are just bots, but what if (and I mean BIG if here) there was someone out there who actually has enough time to waste and is willing to go for the tedium of making a suicide kanna and just sit there playing to get enough money for an absolab weapon, I mean, in theory, if this person is right in front of the screen and using manual key input to exploit the game's mechanics, this is not hacking by definition, it's just a very underhanded way to get mesos, but it shouldn't be illegal ..

Right? because back when the leprechauns dropped those 30k clovers I used to go around those maps farming for them .. I mean, I had too much free time on my hands, but I wasn't CHEATING or was I?

Strange way of saying "my opinion is"
    Fuhreak
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited September 2019

There's some hint of truth to what he's saying. Kanna is (and used to be more) so conducive to botting, even legits use it as a pseudo-botter (macro keys). So its no surprise that hackers tend to use it often as well. This class seemed like it was made to be abused to smithereens by all parties. That being said, the OP should never assume guilt and never report every single Kanna.
    Fuhreak
  • JezJez
    Reactions: 1,600
    edited September 2019
    if they could hire a team full time to go around manually banning these obvious botters. would improve the game so much
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited September 2019
    Hello. I have issues doing quests sometimes and grind for mobs because of this one class. Very often maps are infested with 1-3 Kanna players with green clown hats on. Every around level 40. Why do they have an ability which teleports them forever and kills any enemies via portals or whatever it is.
    Should I report all these Kannas for farmbotting? Are those bots or are those legit players who just afk-farm? Is afk-farming even legal? Is a screenshot of their profile, which is mainly just random numbers or cyrillic letters enough to get them banned? Just confused and a bit mad when I have to farm 30 quest items and all 20 channels are infested by Kannas.

( Just delete this class? Yes? No? Maybe? I see why people complain their Kannas get banned. They probably abuse it.)

Most bot Kannas have names of a jumble of letters and numbers, never unequip the initial gear Kanna gets, and its pretty obvious which one is a bot and which one is a legit players simply for the way they move. Unfortunately most bots infest the early areas like Kerning City, sometimes Excavation Site, Verne Mine, Ellinia, etc. The best you can do if you find a real bot its to report it and change channel.

A shame but its a testament of the inefficiency of security in the game, though don't let that get you.
    Fuhreak
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    A shame but its a testament of the inefficiency of security in the game, though don't let that get you.

The best thing to remember is that it will eventually get sorted out.
    Hacking used to be just as bad in the pre-bb days, eventually nexon put a stop to it, or rather slowed it enough to stop affecting users every day.
    Eventually the Kanna hackers/botters will fall out of style. The real question is, how many more nerfs will it take before Nexon fixes the actual issue?
    HuskyDM
  • JostabeereJostabeere
    edited September 2019

Most bot Kannas have names of a jumble of letters and numbers, never unequip the initial gear Kanna gets, and its pretty obvious which one is a bot and which one is a legit players simply for the way they move. Unfortunately most bots infest the early areas like Kerning City, sometimes Excavation Site, Verne Mine, Ellinia, etc. The best you can do if you find a real bot its to report it and change channel.

Well. As said, if a map is bot infested, it is infested on all 20 channels.
    Interesting enough, they do have cash shop stuff on them like pets.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    edited September 2019

If you mean a white fox with purple lines that is Haku and its given to all Kanna's, and its part of their class and he doesn't work like a pet. Its very unlikely they'll get an actual pet given they can automatize everything the pet would do anyway and most bots get banned/deleted after their purpose is done.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited September 2019

If you're referring to the puffram, everyone has access to that pet, it lasts a week. You can get it from the level 60 tot's know-how.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited September 2019

I had seen a lot of Kanna players be accused of hacking one of my friend's friend, had been accused of hacking when the skills being used was done so regularly. Cause a lot of people to jump the gun and think Kanna is a hacking class when there are people who create programs that can turn any class to do or bot the same way.

I had for years seen this and recommended and suggested that Nexon hire or get volunteer gms to walk the game screen record and manually ban people hacking. Could this be abused? Yeah as someone can ban someone they don't like but recording an issue and documenting kinda like security guards help with fairness.

I think this is the only way to solve it and also can create a lot of jobs within the company and a very innovative way of using our new-age technology to help with cybersecurity. But as it stands now I don't think anyone is willing to go the extra edge to make this game great again and you just need to get used to the botting :(
    HuskyDM
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    edited September 2019
    Its a shame that Kanna has gotten such a poor name over the years. Let's hope the recent TMS change to Kishin solves it, because Kanna its one very fun character to play as.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    Its a shame that Kanna has gotten such a poor name over the years. Let's hope the recent TMS change to Kishin solves it, because Kanna its one very fun character to play as.

TMS's Kishin Shoukan hasn't had the spawn-enhancing functionality since 2014.
    The only recent change they made to it was to add the 10% exp passive.