[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Ban or "Hacking" notifications

TukersTukers
Reactions: 310
edited September 2019 in General Chat
Well, to put it simple, im done and afraid of getting banned for no reason. Im a 100% legit player but my client gets closed bc "im hacking" while leveling my mules or just grinding.
I have never hacked and i think im not the only one recieving this notifications. Just now i got a note saying i was using an external program. Like seriously? I was listening some music through spotify while doing the afterlands on my illium. :(

Im just afraid I get an unfair ban on my main since ive seen a lot of posts of people grinding at arcana or more and getting banned for nothing.

Thanks for reading and forgive me for my bad english :)
darik
    No results for this poll

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    I've gotten more of these than I care to count.
    I literally just got one yesterday. Just logged back in and continued to do whatever.
    If you live in fear then you'll just miss out. If you get banned, you at least got banned while playing the game.
    Sure, not playing means you can't get false banned, but it also means you can't play the game either.

It should be important to note that an auto-DC isn't a ban. It most likely just flags a GM to monitor your account.
    As long as you aren't actually hacking, you'll most likely be fine. False bans are a small minority.
    They still do happen, but the chances of them happening to you are slim.
    Enjoy the game while you can, MapleStory, as an MMO, won't be around forever. Neither will you.
    Tukers
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited September 2019
    I got several from old characters I logged on after years of not being used when the world merge happened. Nothing beyond that. If you can still log in then you haven't being banned. Its a big problem as of late but like Fuhreak said don't go paranoid over it, or you won't play at all either.
    Tukers
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2019
    Is it the ngs hacking detected error, or the "u hav ben blok by gmpolis" garbage?
    Tukers
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited September 2019
    Tukers wrote: »
    Well, to put it simple, im done and afraid of getting banned for no reason. Im a 100% legit player but my client gets closed bc "im hacking" while leveling my mules or just grinding.
    I have never hacked and i think im not the only one recieving this notifications. Just now i got a note saying i was using an external program. Like seriously? I was listening some music through spotify while doing the afterlands on my illium. :(

Im just afraid I get an unfair ban on my main since ive seen a lot of posts of people grinding at arcana or more and getting banned for nothing.

Thanks for reading and forgive me for my bad english :)

Yeah, I say play the game while on-screen record, if you get a ban, send it with a ticket problem solve if you're too scared.
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    I've gotten more of these than I care to count.
    I literally just got one yesterday. Just logged back in and continued to do whatever.
    If you live in fear then you'll just miss out. If you get banned, you at least got banned while playing the game.
    Sure, not playing means you can't get false banned, but it also means you can't play the game either.

It should be important to note that an auto-DC isn't a ban. It most likely just flags a GM to monitor your account.
    As long as you aren't actually hacking, you'll most likely be fine. False bans are a small minority.
    They still do happen, but the chances of them happening to you are slim.
    Enjoy the game while you can, MapleStory, as an MMO, won't be around forever. Neither will you.

Ban while playing the game? nope lmao :D can't do that they need to fix their systems before thanksgiving and holiday sales we are spending too much nx for this to happen.
    Tukersdarik
  • TukersTukers
    Reactions: 310
    edited September 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Is it the ngs hacking detected error, or the "u hav ben blok by gmpolis" garbage?

Yes sir. :v
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2019
    Tukers wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »

Yes sir. :v

Which one? (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited September 2019
    Whenever u lag the game thinks ure hacking or when u repeat a pattern for a long time is the same, i once did a 2h grind and 1hour in i got dced and a window appeared because i was found guilty of susp activity,i got so afraid i had to stop grinding and do other things, seriously nexon really needs to fix this because it scares legit players
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    darik wrote: »
    Whenever u lag the game thinks ure hacking or when u repeat a pattern for a long time is the same, i once did a 2h grind and 1hour in i got dced and a window appeared because i was found guilty of susp activity,i got so afraid i had to stop grinding and do other things, seriously nexon really needs to fix this because it scares legit players

I always continue to play exactly like I was before. Just make sure you aren't lagging.
    They're so uncommon in the grand scheme of things that the once in a blue moon message doesn't really bother me.
    Maybe once every 2 months or so I'll get one. Of course I don't lag much in MapleStory.

One thing I would suggest is to look for a "default" channel set.
    For me personally, Channels 2-5 on Reboot lag the least.
    Channels 11~20 sometimes lag really bad by contrast, even if the other channels aren't lagging at all.
    Other people have told me that the higher channels don't lag for them, but the lower ones do.