[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

how inflation makes some content worthless & ideas

lolisamurailolisamurai
Reactions: 230
in GMS reg server, meso is roughly 10-20 times more inflated than KMS. this deeply affects early game gameplay and meso making for free to play or low funded players: things like boss crystals and usus become pretty much worthless because everything costs way more than on KMS but those meso rewards are fixed values. on KMS ursus is considered the best early game meso source.

additionally, GMS only accessories like commerci and gollux are too good for how easy they are to obtain and essentially make boss accessories or any other early game content worthless for early meso making.

of course, there's also the well known problem of botters making elite farming worthless which is a huge hit to the economy in itself and difficult to address

all of this results in a very boring meso making meta where only spamming commerci on mules and at most running gollux are worth doing, which is not how the game was intended to be played. on KMS just running your daily bosses and doing ursus is extremely good meso and to top it all off you can occult cube the boss accessories for 6 or 9% and sell them for a relatively good amount. that has way more variety than sitting in commerci and holding 1 button for 15 minutes per char

while the economy is probably unrecoverable, here's some band-aid ideas to shift the meta into a better direction

- adjust boss crystals and ursus for meso inflation, similarly to how star force costs were increased. making them 10-20x better would make daily bosses equally as viable as commerci.
- make gollux and commerci accessories harder to obtain. like for example only make commerci ones obtaininable from voyages with difficult bosses where an unfunded mule just wouldnt be able to get them, and for gollux you could remove anything above cracked from the shop and make them drop from the various difficulties like the pendants and belts
- (long term) after 2pc meta is removed, make it hard to make multiple accounts - tie all maple id's to one email for each player and have measures in place to make it difficult to make new accounts like having some kind of phone verification or only accepting email providers where it's hard to make many accounts, this way it's easier to ban bots and they won't be back on new accounts as quickly

Comments

• darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited September 2019
    Hell no, kms and gms are very different,u cant just make some of the best content (gollux and commerci ) harder than they already are, yes inflation is a thing but thats mainly cuz of hackers, if u cant adapt to gms just play kms tbh, cuz sadly hackers are going nowhere.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Players are too used to their broken/buggy content.
    Good luck on getting anyone to jump on the ship of Gollux/Commerci nerfs.
    It would probably be in the best interest of the game if these things didn't exist, but again, players are too used to it.
    Nexon allowed this to go on for far too long and now we just have to live with it.
    If anything I think the content needs to be adjusted to be on par with equipment of similar level.
    Gollux gear shouldn't outshine gear you're getting at 200+, there's no reason for that.
    lolisamuraiHuskyDM
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited September 2019
    with all the exclusive $$ broken items that comes each year as a "great-endgame thing" in lootbox and all the hackers around
    you are suggesting to nexon how they can make meso worth ? good luck
    the worst thing from your suggestion is just nexon lisent the idea and make nerfs "adjustments" to compromise the inflation (ultimately make players more angry on the nerfs that are allready so bad)
    adjust boss crystals and ursus for meso inflation, similarly to how star force costs were increased. making them 10-20x better would make daily bosses equally as viable as commerci.

make gollux and commerci accessories harder to obtain
    such a great ideas first give funded $$ players to solo for even more meso
    then nerf golux and commerci for non-whales without $ drop gear (even whales will need to get more $%$ drop gear/buff)
    for sure it will fix inflation (when all the normal players finaly leave after such suggestion)
    which nexon is most likely to do it or done it allready (like elite drop adjustment nerf recently)

some of the inflation fix must be
    1st its to go in to each account and remove all ilegal obtained meso/items ( its huge,hard,painfull and for some very unfair project)
    2nd stop endgame $$ broken items in lootbox ( why would someone boss or farm when can loot$$box get best items )
    3rd do 1st and 2nd again....
    4th fix server/client issues
    darikKuronekonova
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    1st its to go in to each account and remove all ilegal obtained meso/items ( its huge,hard,painfull and for some very unfair project)
    You forgot impossible. (Except maybe reboot)
    "Illegal mesos" have been passed around so much that only a new account hasn't had some kind of interaction with mesos obtained via illegitimate process.
    Same with items. There's no way that many players know if their items were somehow linked to these meso farmers.

Completely agree with the lootbox thing though.
    Server/Client issues is a harder fix and one Nexon is probably on top of. Doesn't hurt to remind them constantly though.
    darik wrote: »
    if u cant adapt to gms just play kms
    Let me just:
    1. Go through the very annoying process of getting an account, of which requires giving the Korean overlords your information.
    2. Learn Korean if I care at all about the community in an MMO
    3. Deal with insane lag because Korea is on the other side of the world

Such a simple solution.
    HuskyDM
  • darikdarik
    edited September 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    You forgot impossible. (Except maybe reboot)
    "Illegal mesos" have been passed around so much that only a new account hasn't had some kind of interaction with mesos obtained via illegitimate process.
    Same with items. There's no way that many players know if their items were somehow linked to these meso farmers.

Completely agree with the lootbox thing though.
    Server/Client issues is a harder fix and one Nexon is probably on top of. Doesn't hurt to remind them constantly though.
    if u cant adapt to gms just play kms
    Let me just:
    1. Go through the very annoying process of getting an account, of which requires giving the Korean overlords your information.
    2. Learn Korean if I care at all about the community in an MMO
    3. Deal with insane lag because Korea is on the other side of the world

Such a simple solution.

Thing is OP wants gms to be like kms cuz he thinks kms is better, but in reality kms is way WAY grindier than gms, tiering up potential requires way more cubes which means more $$$, items are weaker, its slower to progress, the only good things are starforce cost, which is lower and that they dont have as much hacking issues as here, or at least thats what ive heard.
    GMS inflation is mainly cuz of hackers, but the first thing we need to do in order for hackers to disappear is to US,the PLAYER BASE/COMMUNITY stop buying mesos/accounts and so on for dollars from hackers wesites. There are hackers because its a bussiness, they make money off hacking, if they didnt , they would disappear the vast majority of them and switch to other games that can give them money.
    After that , nexon should improve their anti hacking system and consider whats so wrong in their game that people ressort to hacker websites to buy mesos in order to progress.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    Thing is OP wants gms to be like kms cuz he thinks kms is better
    I'm the wrong person to try to convince that it isn't.
    PLAYER BASE/COMMUNITY stop buying mesos/accounts
    Completely agree. The people who buy from these sites however, don't. They won't stop.
    The only solution is to ban these accounts and the bots.
    consider whats so wrong in their game that people ressort to hacker websites to buy mesos in order to progress.
    Nothing. EVERY MMO suffers from this. You can't find one that doesn't have some sort of gold farmer or account selling.
    Even Reboot suffers from this and there's no trading on Reboot. It isn't a problem with the game. It's an MMO thing.
  • lolisamurailolisamurai
    edited September 2019
    Thing is OP wants gms to be like kms cuz he thinks kms is better, but in reality kms is way WAY grindier than gms, tiering up potential requires way more cubes which means more $$$, items are weaker, its slower to progress, the only good things are starforce cost, which is lower and that they dont have as much hacking issues as here, or at least thats what ive heard.
    GMS inflation is mainly cuz of hackers, but the first thing we need to do in order for hackers to disappear is to US,the PLAYER BASE/COMMUNITY stop buying mesos/accounts and so on for dollars from hackers wesites. There are hackers because its a bussiness, they make money off hacking, if they didnt , they would disappear the vast majority of them and switch to other games that can give them money.
    After that , nexon should improve their anti hacking system and consider whats so wrong in their game that people ressort to hacker websites to buy mesos in order to progress.

I don't expect GMS to be exactly like KMS, just hoping to make the broken parts less broken. I've played KMS and I do enjoy it more, progression should be hard and slow, that's what makes it rewarding after all the hard work. there's no point in skipping straight to endgame in a few months. korean ping is borderline unbearable though after being used to EU ping and I can't communicate with koreans yet, so at the moment I'm playing GMS more and avoiding kishin and a few GMS things I don't like

and no, you don't need to be a whale to progress in KMS. just look at kobe rebuilding his DrK in a few months and soloing lomien completely free to play. you don't need to have perfect gear

of course this would be the ideal solution, but it's impossible, that's why we have to resort to band-aid solutions in order to stabilize this broken economy into something less boring
    Fuhreak
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited September 2019
    I don't expect GMS to be exactly like KMS, just hoping to make the broken parts less broken. I've played KMS and I do enjoy it more, progression should be hard and slow, that's what makes it rewarding after all the hard work. there's no point in skipping straight to endgame in a few months. korean ping is borderline unbearable though after being used to EU ping and I can't communicate with koreans yet, so at the moment I'm playing GMS more and avoiding kishin and a few GMS things I don't like

and no, you don't need to be a whale to progress in KMS. just look at kobe rebuilding his DrK in a few months and soloing lomien completely free to play. you don't need to have perfect gear

yes totaly agree with this GMS got alot to learn from KMS (yet still to improve more )
    better improve from KMS start point then from GMS broken things

i will go that far and say YES i want to be same as KMS (there is reasons why its popular server and all around the world make acc to play)
    a team that care for players and game balanced for f2p and p2w
    then in GMST feel free to help make it better

right now all the suggestion are useless everything ends with "we got hackers we cant do that" ...

of course this would be the ideal solution, but it's impossible, that's why we have to resort to band-aid solutions in order to stabilize this broken economy into something less boring

its impossible to be done in one night/day or maybe even week... its huge project that they should work on side for few months track most broken items etc etc and clean
    instead of working what new broken item we get in marvel.... or new CS update sale......
    #fixedTEXTtypo took us 2months.....

there cant be bandaids anymore we had enough of them
    we lost so much anyway so i dont mind if we lose few things while they clean GMS
    i have been playing gms this year like 2-3days a week with hope that i dont quit like other and give time nexon to change...now i havent loged in GMS for a month and i dont plan login while am in KMS and few servers that cant be said here
    until i see that great update notice i will think for changeing back
    tierd to see daily smega S>meso,false bans and all the maps full of hackers , fear of "if you touch hackers mobs you are risking to get ban aswell", NGS joke dc (like you think i hack good ban me ... chek me let me go... why NGS dc me and false claim am hacker and let me log again) and much more issues

to nexon NA (no i didnt sold my acc like your "loyal" whales did when quit)

lolisamurai
  • darikdarik
    edited September 2019

Progressions is hard enough already, have u ever tried other mmorpg? Ive never seen such a slow progression game ever other than maplestory,u cant get to end game in a few months, like its impoasible unless u have no job and no life outside maplestory and u apend the whole day playing and even by doing that a lot of atuff is time gated like getting absolab items, arcane items, symbols,etc. What do u want? To not progress at all ? I dont understand why u say progression should be hard, ITS ALREADY HARD O.O
  • darikdarik
    edited September 2019

And kobe plays A LOT, something that not everyone can afford to do, so its normal that if u play a lot u progress fast
  • lolisamurailolisamurai
    edited September 2019
    And kobe plays A LOT, something that not everyone can afford to do, so its normal that if u play a lot u progress fast

kobe has a job, i wouldn't say he plays a lot. you can go a lot harder than that. easy progression just feels like you achieved nothing. if you don't want to put the time and dedication then you should progress at your own pace. there is no need to rush to late game, early game is actually more fun since everything is such a struggle, why would you want to devalue goals and run out of things to strive for faster? each step of the progression should be like a trophy, not something everyone should automatically have handed to them

if i reached endgame in a few months i would probably not want to come back to the game anymore
    WONDERGUYFuhreak
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited September 2019

kobe has a job, i wouldn't say he plays a lot. you can go a lot harder than that. easy progression just feels like you achieved nothing. if you don't want to put the time and dedication then you should progress at your own pace. there is no need to rush to late game, early game is actually more fun since everything is such a struggle, why would you want to devalue goals and run out of things to strive for faster? each step of the progression should be like a trophy, not something everyone should automatically have handed to them

if i reached endgame in a few months i would probably not want to come back to the game anymore

there is no achievement in such fast progresion and when its mostly open for $$$ dosnt even count
    everyone laguh at TMS "achievements" for a reason (they sell and got the most broken things out there )
    but also everyone know how different that same achievement is in KMS and other servers

i know everyone wants max everything and reach endgame with little to no work (and nexon na/tms has no problem selling that to you win win thing )
    but its not healthy for the game in long term
    also with nexon you will never reach engame you just fall deeper in to spending loop and in worst case end with gamble adiction

@darik you can ask old maplers how much they did "work" spend to be "endgame" and hit that 199k dmg and short after be at start again with new generation of cube items and more and more spending

soon there will be new power creep/new lvls.... why rush with all that
    just enjoy quests/get back to team play... /pqs.... but who lisent at nexon....
    we got so much content that its trown away and blindly follow some crazy "meta"
    more more GIVE US NEW RANGE CAP 99m-99m to low... make full screen with numbers so fun
    lolisamurai
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019

Most people I tell my main stat ask me how on earth it is so low at my level. I tell them that I really don't care as I am able to one shot mobs while grinding still.
    I can't solo bosses most players at my level probably could, but it doesn't matter to me.
    Bolded section is exactly why I disagree with most GMS content being overpowered as hell.

If you want some "Nostalgia hard as hell grind" you can stat your main stat only high enough to equip gears and dump everything else into your secondary stat.
    You'll progress at around 1/4th the speed so it's incredibly challenging. Really gives that whole "Spend a full year to unlock all skills" feel.
    lolisamurai
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited September 2019
    Designing non-KMS must be a challenge (TMS doesn't really play by the rules) is a real challenge. Some content like Blackgate City offered mediocre accessories and armor that fail in compared to the items dropped by bosses scatter throughout Maple World while some like Gollux is really strong (despite non-KMS items getting lower tier flames.) If you make rewards from content awful, it would be a waste of an attraction, but making it too strong is of course, too strong. Gollux is mess not because of the abundance of belts and pendants from farming, but rather the rings and earrings being in stock once at the shop. What happens if you boom yours?

To promote more usage out of bosses, the rewards from the boss need to appeal to players. Arkarium gets a lot of traffic in KMS due to the Dominator Pendant being the ultimate pendant in most setups (the second pedant varies wildly because some might MEE a Rising Sun Pendant.) In GMS, Arkarium isn't used since the Reinforced Pendant and Superior Pendant easily overpower the Dominator Pendant. Pink Bean is already used since its the only pocket accessory you can obtain that isn't Hard Will's. Hilla and Hard Hilla are farmed for the Blackheart Pet in Reboot, but there isn't much appeal in regular servers. Magnus became relevant after Ghost Ship Badges being discontinued (and possibly Sengoku Badge.) KMS has a better reason to go after Hard Magnus since they don't have access to Gollux and the Dreamy Belt is stupidly rare. CRA and Absolab is self explanatory.

For the content from bosses GMS finds useless, the max reward for that content should be raised to provide an alternative to Sweetwater and Gollux while making use of the initial boss. By raising the level of the current boss accessories, those items will be subject to the gains available past 15 stars, thus making them a viable option. If a Noble Ifia Ring were raised from 120 to 140, it would have it star cap increased from 15 to 25 and be a possible substitute for a Reinforced Ring for it being the same level and being a boss set item (slight gains.) Also with the star car being higher, items would boom and provide a reason to revisit that boss (it boomed.) Redesigning existing equipment so they are as enticing as our broken favorites will allow for other alternatives for equipment and usage out of underused bosses.

BeefdarikGenkaiX1
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Redesigning existing equipment so they are as enticing as our broken favorites will allow for other alternatives for equipment and usage out of underused bosses.
    I would rather see the other way around, Gollux gear nerfed rather than other items buffed.
    GMS content is the problem, not KMS content.
    Unless players could agree on a compensation for the unimaginable amount of Mesos/Time/RealMoney spent on these things, it's not a good idea though.
    The only problem I have with buffing these gears is that players like me, who want to play as close to KMS as possible just lost more of that.
    I will admit this sounds like a decent fix for the GMS content problem however.
    People are allowed to keep their broken gear without making other bosses worthless.

More likely I think Nexon will pull another Singapore, allowing the items to slowly slip into non-existence.
    Whatever you do decide, just don't kill your majority userbase, Nexon.
  • BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited September 2019
    Designing non-KMS must be a challenge (TMS doesn't really play by the rules) is a real challenge. Some content like Blackgate City offered mediocre accessories and armor that fail in compared to the items dropped by bosses scatter throughout Maple World while some like Gollux is really strong (despite non-KMS items getting lower tier flames.) If you make rewards from content awful, it would be a waste of an attraction, but making it too strong is of course, too strong. Gollux is mess not because of the abundance of belts and pendants from farming, but rather the rings and earrings being in stock once at the shop. What happens if you boom yours?

To promote more usage out of bosses, the rewards from the boss need to appeal to players. Arkarium gets a lot of traffic in KMS due to the Dominator Pendant being the ultimate pendant in most setups (the second pedant varies wildly because some might MEE a Rising Sun Pendant.) In GMS, Arkarium isn't used since the Reinforced Pendant and Superior Pendant easily overpower the Dominator Pendant. Pink Bean is already used since its the only pocket accessory you can obtain that isn't Hard Will's. Hilla and Hard Hilla are farmed for the Blackheart Pet in Reboot, but there isn't much appeal in regular servers. Magnus became relevant after Ghost Ship Badges being discontinued (and possibly Sengoku Badge.) KMS has a better reason to go after Hard Magnus since they don't have access to Gollux and the Dreamy Belt is stupidly rare. CRA and Absolab is self explanatory.

For the content from bosses GMS finds useless, the max reward for that content should be raised to provide an alternative to Sweetwater and Gollux while making use of the initial boss. By raising the level of the current boss accessories, those items will be subject to the gains available past 15 stars, thus making them a viable option. If a Noble Ifia Ring were raised from 120 to 140, it would have it star cap increased from 15 to 25 and be a possible substitute for a Reinforced Ring for it being the same level and being a boss set item (slight gains.) Also with the star car being higher, items would boom and provide a reason to revisit that boss (it boomed.) Redesigning existing equipment so they are as enticing as our broken favorites will allow for other alternatives for equipment and usage out of underused bosses.

Make Arkarium Rings viable via level bump to 140+, Import them Silent Crusade Rings to our shop.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited September 2019
    Beef wrote: »

Make Arkarium Rings viable via level bump to 140+, Import them Silent Crusade Rings to our shop.

Two primals + confusion fragments, + piece of time, philosopher stones= LVL 30 pottable Ring that is not as good as Event Rings Heck, even its Meister Counterpart released in RED update only bumps it to level 90 (my other Tempest Ring and Pinnacle Rings are better.) If something requires that many rare ingredients, it deserves a better level, stats and set effect (making a standalone set is kinda awful.) I was thinking about making these Rings, including its Meister counterparts a member of the Boss Accessory Set. Alternatively, the Meister Versions could exist in the Dark Boss set and the regular version could be the rings for the Boss Accessory set.

Level 30 >> Level 120 (Non Meister Arkarium Rings)
    Level 90 >> Level 150 (Meister Arkarium Rings)

Also the sets theses rings belong to could be altered to fit into the existing boss sets rather than creating unique boss sets.

Immortal Hero Set/Eternal Hero Set >> Boss Accessory Set
    Immortal Ardentmill Hero Set/Eternal Ardentmill Hero Set >> Dark Boss Set

These items can lead to alternative pieces for the Boss Accessory and Pitched Boss Set or possibly changes to account for the new rings being added.

@Fuhreak
    I know we should be making Gollux effect not as broken while solving the shortage of rings and earrings, but Arkarium's ring are just as awful for the amount effort and where they stand in terms of stats and effect. I am not sure if you should make the recipe easier to account for its mediocre stats or make the stats more rewarding for its stupidly hard composition. Gollux is a broken mess, but I would worry more about the availability of rings and earrings in the shop before worrying about its stat.

GenkaiX1
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    @Fuhreak
    I know we should be making Gollux effect not as broken while solving the shortage of rings and earrings, but Arkarium's ring are just as awful for the amount effort and where they stand in terms of stats and effect. I am not sure if you should make the recipe easier to account for its mediocre stats or make the stats more rewarding for its stupidly hard composition. Gollux is a broken mess, but I would worry more about the availability of rings and earrings in the shop before worrying about its stat.

Yes, certainty. KMS is not void of useless items. Stripping the set effect or lowering it would be a good start for gollux gear.
    People don't lose the items they worked hard on. (Which are super powerful even without set)
    GMS Content on the whole needs to abandon this strange "You only get one" design it has.
    The crafting system in general needs a whole revamp. It's practically worthless except for alchemy and a handful of items in smith/acc.
  • darikdarik
    edited September 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Redesigning existing equipment so they are as enticing as our broken favorites will allow for other alternatives for equipment and usage out of underused bosses.
    I would rather see the other way around, Gollux gear nerfed rather than other items buffed.
    GMS content is the problem, not KMS content.
    Unless players could agree on a compensation for the unimaginable amount of Mesos/Time/RealMoney spent on these things, it's not a good idea though.
    The only problem I have with buffing these gears is that players like me, who want to play as close to KMS as possible just lost more of that.
    I will admit this sounds like a decent fix for the GMS content problem however.
    People are allowed to keep their broken gear without making other bosses worthless.

More likely I think Nexon will pull another Singapore, allowing the items to slowly slip into non-existence.
    Whatever you do decide, just don't kill your majority userbase, Nexon.

Thing is ure not the majority but quite the opposite, ure a minority, nearly no one wants what u ask for so theres no point in implementing this since the mayority will be against this and a lot of whales that spent a sht ton of dollars on the game could quit thus lower nexons income in my opinion.
    GenkaiX1
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    Thing is ure not the majority but quite the opposite, ure a minority, nearly no one wants what u ask for so theres no point in implementing this since the mayority will be against this and a lot of whales that spent a sht ton of dollars on the game could quit thus lower nexons income in my opinion.

Sure, I get that. I wouldn't say there's "No point" however, Gollux gear certainly does break progression.
    The only argument people have for Gollux gear being overpowered is "It already exists."
    This really shouldn't be the case, but Nexon left it this way for far too long.

I'm not here to say "Nexon should do this now, it'll save MapleStory" or anything.
    I'm simply here because an echo chamber helps no one.
    I'm the odd one out on the forums for a lot of things because no one else will do it.
    If other people with the same opinion as mine were to voice their concerns, I probably wouldn't post as much as I do.

Also to show Nexon that there are people who actually do think this is a good idea.
    Hopefully Nexon isn't making decisions based on minorities like me, but I'm just throwing my opinion in the ring as well.