[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Remove the weapon restriction for certian classes.

KargoKargo
Reactions: 710
Member, Private Tester
edited September 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Classes like Kinesis, Xenon, Demon Avenger and more can't equip common/all job weapons. It would be nice if this changed so they aswell can equip them.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2019
    Those classes have weapons unique, and exclusive, to their class and require those weapons to be equipped in order for any skills to work. Explorers, cygnus knights and resistance classes don't have this problem because they all universally use the basic weapons; one- and two-handed swords/axes/maces, knuckles, bows/crossbows, staves/wands and claws or daggers.
  • KargoKargo
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Those classes have weapons unique, and exclusive, to their class and require those weapons to be equipped in order for any skills to work. Explorers, cygnus knights and resistance classes don't have this problem because they all universally use the basic weapons; one- and two-handed swords/axes/maces, knuckles, bows/crossbows, staves/wands and claws or daggers.

I am aware of this, but it'd be nice if they removed this restriction. (ofcourse keep it so you cant use skills when you got the wrong weapon equipped)
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited September 2019
    I don't see the point on removing those restrictions when they can't use the weapon and won't benefit from them due to the mastery skills. Every class has their own weapon with the exception of the older classes which used a different system, nowadays every character has their own unique weapon.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    I don't see the point on removing those restrictions when they can't use the weapon and won't benefit from them due to the mastery skills. Every class has their own weapon with the exception of the older classes which used a different system, nowadays every character has their own unique weapon.

The benefit is for cosmetic reasons. You don't need to use your skills while you're sitting around town looking pretty.
    YinYangXKargoSlicedTime
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »

Nah it's pretty inconsistent. Phantoms, for example, can equip other weapons besides the cane, it'll just notify you that you can't use skills if you try to activate one.

Edit: While I haven't tried equipping other weapons on all classes, it seems like it might only apply to the classes whose weapons have the little extra text under it specifying that it's for "Class only" even though there are several weapons that are class exclusive that don't have this text under them.
    YinYangX
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    HHG1 wrote: »
    Edit: While I haven't tried equipping other weapons on all classes, it seems like it might only apply to the classes whose weapons have the little extra text under it specifying that it's for "Class only" even though there are several weapons that are class exclusive that don't have this text under them.

Kanna can equip other weapons, even though fans say "Kanna Only".
    Jett can't equip other weapons, even though guns are used by multiple classes.
    Granted, those are both non-KMS classes. But it does mean the message on the weapon and the restriction on equipping other weapons are not both generated from a single definition.
    YinYangX
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    AKradian wrote: »

Granted, those are both non-KMS classes. But it does mean the message on the weapon and the restriction on equipping other weapons are not both generated from a single definition.

Interesting. I can't check right now but is Pathfinder able to equip other weapons?
    The restriction might just be there to ensure that new classes must use a certain weapon, and thereby have to invest in enhancing and cubing one. Even if the skills wouldn't work with another bow for example. Sounds like unnecessary spaghetti to me.
    HuskyDM
  • KargoKargo
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    AKradian wrote: »

Interesting. I can't check right now but is Pathfinder able to equip other weapons?
    The restriction might just be there to ensure that new classes must use a certain weapon, and thereby have to invest in enhancing and cubing one. Even if the skills wouldn't work with another bow for example. Sounds like unnecessary spaghetti to me.

Im pretty sure Pathfinder cant equip other weapons either, can't 100% confirm though.
  • GenkaiX1GenkaiX1
    Reactions: 840
    edited September 2019
    I'm surprised no one mentioned that kaiser's can't equip other weapons as well, but I agree with this suggestion because I want to be able to wield one-handed swords for cosmetic reasons.
  • JezJez
    Reactions: 1,600
    edited September 2019
    a pathfinder beginner that can use bow AND other weapons will be op
  • KargoKargo
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    Jez wrote: »
    a pathfinder beginner that can use bow AND other weapons will be op

As a beginner player aswell, there is no way to make a beginner "op", especially not with the fact that beginner pathfinders got a level 0 or 10 bow (cant remember).
  • DragongLordDragongLord
    Reactions: 700
    edited April 2020
    was going to submit another suggestion for this but found this thread haha, have been asking for this for a long time T^T