[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

If I blacklist a player, can I see their new IGN

LeechingLiceLeechingLice
Reactions: 400
edited September 2019 in General Chat
If they change their IGN and i have their old IGN blacklisted, will I see their new IGN?

Comments

• HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    I believe so. I'm 80% certain someone on my black list changed name after I added them and I see their new IGN on there.
    But I also recall seeing a thread about an issue with blacklist after someone on there changed their name. Something about not being able to add the old ign on there afterwards I think (even if it was attached to a new character).
    LeechingLice
  • LeechingLiceLeechingLice
    Reactions: 400
    edited September 2019
    hm thats interesting, however I had some1 say that the new IGN change won't be updated on the blacklist as well. I'm not sure which one is right
  • wthNoIDwthNoID
    Reactions: 970
    edited September 2019
    hm thats interesting, however I had some1 say that the new IGN change won't be updated on the blacklist as well. I'm not sure which one is right

idk if they ever changed it...
    but name changes used to be not effected by blacklist

one main reasons name change world change events are rare like they are was and is fact scammers used to abuse them

i mean it could changed but since name changes are so rare i dont know why it would
    but anyway yea originally name changes wouldn't effect friend list/ignore list (unless a universal friend add allowing you to see them on every character and even then wouldn't change what you listed them as but would allow you to know the ign of the character they are on but thats just friends list side)
  • JezJez
    Reactions: 1,600
    edited September 2019
    HHG1 wrote: »
    But I also recall seeing a thread about an issue with blacklist after someone on there changed their name. Something about not being able to add the old ign on there afterwards I think (even if it was attached to a new character).

yeah idk if they fixed it . but if you blacklist someone and they delete that character then create a new character with the exact same name, you will not be able to add that character to your blacklist and they will not be blacklisted

if the blacklisted player just changed their name it would be a different issue if it didnt reflect the new name in a the blacklist