[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Why is the Dark Lord of Darkness event so short???

CrystalOraCrystalOra
Reactions: 3,135
edited September 2019 in General Chat
This time around the event has been cut short compared to past events!!! WHY!!! It is so hard to gain the dark totems that are for the correct character! Last time around I gained 52 Dark totems that were the wrong type for my characters! In the past the event has been at least three weeks and we are now only being given one?
Examples:
Dark Lords of Darkness
PDT: Tuesday, October 24, 2017 5:00 PM – Tuesday, November 14, 2017 3:59 PM (PST)
Dark Lords of Darkness
Wednesday, October 19, 2016 – Wednesday, November 16, 2016
Dark Lords of Darkness
Wednesday, October 14, 2015 – Tuesday, November 10, 2015

We did not get the event at all in 2018 and it was pushed to February of this year.
Dark Lords of Darkness
UTC: February 13, 2019 at 12:00 AM – March 5, 2019 at 11:59 PM

Why are we being shorted this time around on this event? Just because it was overlooked in 2018 and pushed to early 2019 is no reason for the entire event to be 1/3 of the normal time! I want these totems on all of my characters! Please give us more time!
  1. We want the even to be extended to the normal duration!22 votes
    1. Yes, that crap is hard to get!
       77% (17 votes)
    2. No, I'm lazy and already have them on my one main and I don't plan to play any other characters ever
       23% (5 votes)

Comments

• ResetReset
    Reactions: 1,485
    edited October 2019
    Dark Lords of Darkness is set to last for barely one week in v.208. However this event is massively RNG based. The odds of pulling gold and dark totems are way too low to justify making the event last barely one week. Only lucky players will get maybe 1-2 gold or dark totems in under a week. Meanwhile 95% of the playerbase will only receive copper and silver totems.

Dark totems are best in slot and everyone has been waiting an entire year for this event to return only to get this. Please consider extending it back to 3 weeks like it has been previously.
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    Reactions: 2,025
    edited October 2019
    one week and only once a day
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited October 2019
    Thanks for listening to people asking for the event for once, but if you are going to do something do it right.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited October 2019
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    Thanks for listening to people asking for the event for once, but if you are going to do something do it right.

That is exactly what I have been saying to people since I saw the notes!!!

I did notice this however:

Dark Lords of Darkness Totem: Highest tier totems have the following stats:
    Dark Grin Totem: INT +36, Weapon ATT/Magic ATT +15.
    Dark Helia Totem: LUK +36, Weapon ATT/Magic ATT +15.
    Dark Avenger Totem: DEX +36, Weapon ATT/Magic ATT +15.
    Dark Doom Totem: STR +36, Weapon ATT/Magic ATT +15.

The totems on the notes don't say untradable? If they changed this one aspect of the event that would make having it for a week just fine. If they are now tradable, I would even do it on characters that already have all their totems just to trade them to the ones that need them. That would be a complete game changer for this event!!! I hope that is the case, but it is probably just and oversight in the notes =[.

HuskyDM
  • Skyfall1989Skyfall1989
    Reactions: 1,255
    edited October 2019
    It is a good point, I support.
    Or I would suggest making the Dark Rack items for receiving random totems tradeable within the account for the characters in the same family (i.e. all explorers). This can improve the possibility of obtaining the wanted ones.
    HuskyDMtestll8806
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited October 2019
    get frenzytotem lol
    Kuronekonovatestll8806
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    Reactions: 2,025
    edited October 2019
    Reset wrote: »
    Dark Lords of Darkness is set to last for barely one week in v.208. However this event is massively RNG based. The odds of pulling gold and dark totems are way too low to justify making the event last barely one week. Only lucky players will get maybe 1-2 gold or dark totems in under a week. Meanwhile 95% of the playerbase will only receive copper and silver totems.

Dark totems are best in slot and everyone has been waiting an entire year for this event to return only to get this. Please consider extending it back to 3 weeks like it has been previously.

It's a short time and you can only do it once a day per character
    testll8806
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited October 2019
    CrystalOra wrote: »

The totems on the notes don't say untradable? If they changed this one aspect of the event that would make having it for a week just fine. If they are now tradable, I would even do it on characters that already have all their totems just to trade them to the ones that need them. That would be a complete game changer for this event!!! I hope that is the case, but it is probably just and oversight in the notes =[.

Meanwhile in Reboot, "What is tradeable?"

Unfortunately we are gonna get the short end of the stick if this is true, but I would honestly expect it to be an oversight :T They've never made the totems tradeable to my knowledge.
    Dnaman101Dienstagtestll8806
  • MorningAfterSevenMorningAfterSeven
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited October 2019
    I'm not a lucky player, yet last time I got 2 dark totems.
    Problem here is 1 week is too short to get the right dark totem!

I'm a main DEX, and I have a Dark Grin and a Dark Helia.
    lol
    testll8806
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited October 2019
    I've been told i got extremely lucky with this event. First and only time i played it was 2 years ago and i got all 3 of the correct dark totems for my class. 2 of them on the same day even. So personally i don't care about this event anymore. But i suppose i do feel bad for other players only getting 1 week, when i know i had and needed more time. Unless the amount of totem boxes you get per day is increased, but i doubt that.
    testll8806
  • FthkuManFthkuMan
    Reactions: 1,145
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Participated since the very first event (which was different from the subsequent ones), never got a single correct Dark. I'm pretty sure I only got like 1-2 Darks TOTAL on my main.
  • GenkaiX1GenkaiX1
    Reactions: 840
    edited October 2019
    zoutzakje wrote: »
    I've been told i got extremely lucky with this event. First and only time i played it was 2 years ago and i got all 3 of the correct dark totems for my class. 2 of them on the same day even. So personally i don't care about this event anymore. But i suppose i do feel bad for other players only getting 1 week, when i know i had and needed more time. Unless the amount of totem boxes you get per day is increased, but i doubt that.

Why didn't you get the hunter totem? BIS is 1 hunter totem and 2 dark if in reboot OR 2 hunter (Untradeable + tradeable + 1 dark totem).
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited October 2019
    Ez solution: get dark totems on your first try and you don't have to worry about short event period. EZ game EZ life
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited October 2019
    I hope they increased the rate that we can obtain the dark totems to compensate for the reduced time.
    Dnaman101
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited October 2019
    WIN! They extended the event back to a reasonable amount of time!!!
    testll8806