[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Maintenance Delayed..... Of Course

MarkswomanSpinMarkswomanSpin
Reactions: 1,190
edited October 2019 in General Chat
http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/53125/updated-october-2-scheduled-game-update-october-2-2019

Why doesn't Nexon test the updates anymore before taking the game down for 'scheduled' maintenance? asking for a friend =(
HuskyDMMuhhh

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2019
    They do. Sometimes things will work perfectly fine on the test server and then go all to hell once it's pushed to the live server.

You'd have to be a special kind of stupid to think they just blindly shove things directly onto a live server environment without even the barest amount of QC to make sure everything is fine. And please, spare me the "hurr durr nexon am retards" memes. Nobody who runs or maintains servers of any sort would be stupid enough to do that, and if they did they would soon find themselves out of a job.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2019
    Ah yes, the ol' "joke's on you, I was only pretending to be stupid" retort. Nice one.
  • MarkswomanSpinMarkswomanSpin
    edited October 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    They do. Sometimes things will work perfectly fine on the test server and then go all to hell once it's pushed to the live server.

You'd have to be a special kind of stupid to think they just blindly shove things directly onto a live server environment without even the barest amount of QC to make sure everything is fine. And please, spare me the "hurr durr nexon am retards" memes. Nobody who runs or maintains servers of any sort would be stupid enough to do that, and if they did they would soon find themselves out of a job.

Aggraphine, I've noticed you have a habit of replying (quite possibly) simply to boost your posts number.

I've been playing Maple since 2006, so I know all about maintenance.

It's unfortunate you didn't (can't) pick up on the fact that the post is sarcasm. (i.e.: asking for a friend)
    darik
    edited October 2019
    Ah yes, the ol' "joke's on you, I was only pretending to be stupid" retort. Nice one.

No Joke, everyone on these forums knows by now that YOU are not pretending to be stupid. ijs
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited October 2019
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/53125/updated-october-2-scheduled-game-update-october-2-2019

Why doesn't Nexon test the updates anymore before taking the game down for 'scheduled' maintenance? asking for a friend =(

whginct.png

Maybe one day we will go back to the times when the maintenance would end at the time they said. At this point it would be better to just say "Maintenance, ending sometime".
    MarkswomanSpindarik
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited October 2019

in a memo they said that the patch itself doesnt take time but the testing is what takes so many hours, so yeh they do test iirc.
    But yeh, every single freaking maintenance theres a huge delay, ik things dont always go well but ffs, whats wrong with this company? In rainbow 6 theres was a patch where they deleted some stuff and introduced new members and maps and such and it took only 30mins! , 30! , this maple patch has taken 9hrs and a half already! and the game isnt life yet!
    MarkswomanSpin
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2019

No Joke, everyone on these forums knows by now that YOU are not pretending to be stupid. ijs

Yeah sure, buddy. You sure Schrodinger'd this one, didn't you?
    edited October 2019

Yeah sure, buddy. You sure Schrodinger'd this one, didn't you?

Boi bye
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2019
    Says I'm the stupid one, has nothing to back it up but citing my post count and "I was totally joking, duh".

iTdD4Mm.png
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited October 2019
    darik wrote: »

in a memo they said that the patch itself doesnt take time but the testing is what takes so many hours, so yeh they do test iirc.
    But yeh, every single freaking maintenance theres a huge delay, ik things dont always go well but ffs, whats wrong with this company? In rainbow 6 theres was a patch where they deleted some stuff and introduced new members and maps and such and it took only 30mins! , 30! , this maple patch has taken 9hrs and a half already! and the game isnt life yet!

So much testing they do it still goes wrong. Makes me believe they do no testing whatsoever. We have one big patch every month, its only one, and every time something is wrong. Shouldn't we get some form of compensation? A single nodestone or something?
    darik
This discussion has been closed.