[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

Buff Freezers no longer stack and only last 7 days

FrozeFroze
Reactions: 1,060
Posts: 37
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2019 in General Chat
Ooh 5 freezers per day ... AWESOME!!! .. I thought
And ..... They don't stack due to time restrictions .... F5555

HuskyDMGenkaiX1WONDERGUY

Comments

  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 2,915
    Posts: 289
    Member
    edited October 2019
    I really don't understand why did they decide that removing the old Useful Items was a good idea. In what way does time restricting these items help? All it does is cause problems to players. Stop harming your players Nexon.
    WONDERGUYxparasite9
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 2,760
    Posts: 439
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    I really don't understand why did they decide that removing the old Useful Items was a good idea. In what way does time restricting these items help? All it does is cause problems to players. Stop harming your players Nexon.

    My theory is they're slowly trying to kill the game, as they can't justify outrightly shutting it down, so they add all these tiny annoyances patch by patch, which will slowly and surely alienate their entire playerbase.
    KuronekonovaYinYangXWONDERGUYxparasite9
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 2,915
    Posts: 289
    Member
    edited October 2019
    Mira wrote: »
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    I really don't understand why did they decide that removing the old Useful Items was a good idea. In what way does time restricting these items help? All it does is cause problems to players. Stop harming your players Nexon.

    My theory is they're slowly trying to kill the game, as they can't justify outrightly shutting it down, so they add all these tiny annoyances patch by patch, which will slowly and surely alienate their entire playerbase.

    Given the popularity of this game in Korea and the resilience of its playerbase I highly doubt this is the case.
  • KuronekonovaKuronekonova
    Reactions: 755
    Posts: 18
    Member
    edited October 2019
    nexon hates f2p and they want to make it harder for them so that they get more money but in reality we will just quit.
    WONDERGUY
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 17,120
    Posts: 3,143
    Member
    edited October 2019
    nexon hates f2p and they want to make it harder for them so that they get more money but in reality we will just quit.

    Then do it. Everyone threatens to quit and walk away when nexon does something like this, but they keep playing anyway. Why should they care about people threatening to quit when the threats are as empty as their promises of transparency?
    YinYangXFuhreakKuronekonova
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,350
    Posts: 118
    Member
    edited October 2019
    It's stuff like this that just makes me more determined to stay f2p.
    HuskyDMPirateIzzy
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 2,915
    Posts: 289
    Member
    edited October 2019
    zoutzakje wrote: »
    It's stuff like this that just makes me more determined to stay f2p.

    Right? The more they screw us over the more likely they won't get money. Who knew treating your players well would make some people spend some cash.
    PirateIzzy
  • luna02luna02
    Reactions: 770
    Posts: 62
    Member
    edited October 2019
    where are now those who have an idea that the nexon company is now doing things well in the maplestory game, many are right ... maplestory is slowly losing essence, each time they are killing the game, to enter the game it takes time a lot in loading, the crash in the game with the lag and now they are slowly removing essential things that help those who have no money in the game, who is deciding these things in the company? the game programmer? the executive director? If you only think about money, this game will not have much time to go to the abyss for bad ideas, because staff this is a bad idea as well as some events that do not help at all but whether to spend money and in quantity or not
    HuskyDM
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 5,695
    Posts: 1,118
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    luna02 wrote: »
    where are now those who have an idea that the nexon company is now doing things well in the maplestory game, many are right ... maplestory is slowly losing essence, each time they are killing the game, to enter the game it takes time a lot in loading, the crash in the game with the lag and now they are slowly removing essential things that help those who have no money in the game, who is deciding these things in the company? the game programmer? the executive director? If you only think about money, this game will not have much time to go to the abyss for bad ideas, because staff this is a bad idea as well as some events that do not help at all but whether to spend money and in quantity or not

    The overall direction of the content, story, character, etc feels good.
    The way the company manages stuff outside of this, player interaction, player involvement, F2P vs P2W, does not.
    If only some of that production value actually went towards keeping GMS happy.
    HuskyDMGenkaiX1
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 2,915
    Posts: 289
    Member
    edited October 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    luna02 wrote: »
    where are now those who have an idea that the nexon company is now doing things well in the maplestory game, many are right ... maplestory is slowly losing essence, each time they are killing the game, to enter the game it takes time a lot in loading, the crash in the game with the lag and now they are slowly removing essential things that help those who have no money in the game, who is deciding these things in the company? the game programmer? the executive director? If you only think about money, this game will not have much time to go to the abyss for bad ideas, because staff this is a bad idea as well as some events that do not help at all but whether to spend money and in quantity or not

    The overall direction of the content, story, character, etc feels good.
    The way the company manages stuff outside of this, player interaction, player involvement, F2P vs P2W, does not.
    If only some of that production value actually went towards keeping GMS happy.

    Story, character, general gameplay. MapleStory is not a bad game by any means. Its GMS that keeps screwing it up somehow. If they just decided to make people happy, being transparent about their decisions and just show they actually care people wouldn't mind. Most of the disgust is directed towards the management for good reason and it is a shame because its sinking a really good game. How do they keep on with stupid decisions that make them no money is beyond me at this point.
    FuhreakGenkaiX1WONDERGUY
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 2,225
    Posts: 196
    Member
    edited October 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    nexon hates f2p and they want to make it harder for them so that they get more money but in reality we will just quit.

    Then do it. Everyone threatens to quit and walk away when nexon does something like this, but they keep playing anyway. Why should they care about people threatening to quit when the threats are as empty as their promises of transparency?

    lol no they don't, they actually do quit. I'm not sure if u noticed but the number of players in this game is dwindling and is keep getting lower. I've seen posts saying good byes on forum and on my guild discord. Several of my friends have quit when their limits for nexon's bs were reached. So it's not an "empty threat." It's an useless threat cause nexon just doesn't give a crap whether players leave or not. Even if some leave, there will always be some who will sell their souls to this game no matter what. They can throw stuffs like DMT or teraburning and existing playerbase will simply eat that sh@t up.
    WONDERGUYKuronekonova
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 2,225
    Posts: 196
    Member
    edited October 2019
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    luna02 wrote: »
    where are now those who have an idea that the nexon company is now doing things well in the maplestory game, many are right ... maplestory is slowly losing essence, each time they are killing the game, to enter the game it takes time a lot in loading, the crash in the game with the lag and now they are slowly removing essential things that help those who have no money in the game, who is deciding these things in the company? the game programmer? the executive director? If you only think about money, this game will not have much time to go to the abyss for bad ideas, because staff this is a bad idea as well as some events that do not help at all but whether to spend money and in quantity or not

    The overall direction of the content, story, character, etc feels good.
    The way the company manages stuff outside of this, player interaction, player involvement, F2P vs P2W, does not.
    If only some of that production value actually went towards keeping GMS happy.

    Story, character, general gameplay. MapleStory is not a bad game by any means. Its GMS that keeps screwing it up somehow. If they just decided to make people happy, being transparent about their decisions and just show they actually care people wouldn't mind. Most of the disgust is directed towards the management for good reason and it is a shame because its sinking a really good game. How do they keep on with stupid decisions that make them no money is beyond me at this point.

    MS game management in general is complete utter failure.
    Aside from this stupid deletion of perm 3 BF/day, the entire game management system is failing. I can actually prove this. Time for some ranting.
    Take a recent HS nerf for an example. The reason for the nerf is because there were macro HS sellers in KMS. Were they not able to solve this issue because macro sellers are spread across the entire map? No, the only place macro HS sellers do business is at ez cygnus map. They pretty much deleted HS, one of the oldest and most beloved skills by players, because they didn't even want to bother with simply monitoring a single map. To top it off, GMS team simply copy&pasted the nerf patch even though there's no problem of macro HS seller in gms. They simply didn't want to bother with changing the patch codes a little to take out HS nerf. As result, player base is suffering for their laziness.
    And this is only a tip of the iceberg when it comes to their massive failures. They "nerfed" DA's nether shield couple patches ago by making it disappear pretty much instantly when there's no mobs around. They say the shields staying for awhile when there's no mobs around was a bug. Riiiight. It's been like that for over a year and a half, and they just noticed this "bug"? Literally everyone knew nether shields stayed for awhile because DA is must raise job due its link and legion effects. Actually, I'm convinced that nexon did just notice DA "bug," because they simply don't do their jobs properly. They didn't even notice WA's howling gale # of hit bugs which was there since the 5th job was introduced. And the best kicker is that they only noticed it because PF's raven tempest (copy and pasted skill of howling gale) had the same bug carried over when they copy and pasted skill's coding. I just simply do not understand how they didn't notice this # of hit bugs. When they release new skills, competent team would test out skill with battle analysis turned on and make sure that it's working properly. Dev team not noticing # of hit bugs until new job had the same problem tells me that they simply don't do any testings on new skills.
    Another fun story of their huge fk up involves Papulatus bug. A few months ago, they did unschedule maint to fix the problem of papulatus bug where you can summon chaos papulatus with hp of ez papulatus outside the boss map infinitely and get infinite chaos pap crystals. The thing is that kms user who noticed people abusing this bug for infinite meso farming reported the bug to the support center multiple times. Every report he made was shrugged off and status of those reports were checked "completed." It was only when he posted this bug on inven (biggest kms community site) and exploded that they took it seriously and did emergency maint to fix the bug. This was "game-breaking" level bug that even gms fixed immediately without waiting for 6 months. Their excuse for basically ignoring official bug report on customer service is that support staffs, not knowing seriousness of the bug, marked the bug report as "low severity." One staff member making this mistake is completely understandable. But this bug report was made MULTIPLE TIMES with multiple staffs reviewing it. This means that entire customer support department is failing. Enforcement department, who couldn't even bother to monitor a single map to prevent abuse and resorted to nerfing a skill to oblivion, is failing. GMS dev team, who couldn't even bother to change patch to fit it to gms environment, is failing. Bug/Error detection department, who didn't even notice huge skill bugs/errors for years, is failing. The entire MS game management is failing. All of this, along with this bs expiration date on BF, leads to a conclusion that they actually don't care, and probably never will.

    HuskyDMWONDERGUYKuronekonova
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 5,695
    Posts: 1,118
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Penguinz0 wrote: »

    lol no they don't, they actually do quit. I'm not sure if u noticed but the number of players in this game is dwindling and is keep getting lower. I've seen posts saying good byes on forum and on my guild discord. Several of my friends have quit when their limits for nexon's bs were reached. So it's not an "empty threat." It's an useless threat cause nexon just doesn't give a crap whether players leave or not. Even if some leave, there will always be some who will sell their souls to this game no matter what. They can throw stuffs like DMT or teraburning and existing playerbase will simply eat that sh@t up.

    https://steamcharts.com/app/216150

    How many times must I post this? Player numbers are UP compared to previous years.
    Whatever Nexon is doing, it doesn't seem to be hurting population according to steam.
    Since Nexon Launcher is the more popular version these numbers don't represent MS as a whole.
    But if the minority launcher has increased numbers, I think it's safe to assume so does the main launcher.

    The threats are indeed empty. I see people who say they're going to quit and never do more often than people who follow through.
    The people that do eventually quit have probably been replaced by two other people by the time they finally quit.
    Kuronekonova
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 2,915
    Posts: 289
    Member
    edited October 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Penguinz0 wrote: »

    lol no they don't, they actually do quit. I'm not sure if u noticed but the number of players in this game is dwindling and is keep getting lower. I've seen posts saying good byes on forum and on my guild discord. Several of my friends have quit when their limits for nexon's bs were reached. So it's not an "empty threat." It's an useless threat cause nexon just doesn't give a crap whether players leave or not. Even if some leave, there will always be some who will sell their souls to this game no matter what. They can throw stuffs like DMT or teraburning and existing playerbase will simply eat that sh@t up.

    https://steamcharts.com/app/216150

    How many times must I post this? Player numbers are UP compared to previous years.
    Whatever Nexon is doing, it doesn't seem to be hurting population according to steam.
    Since Nexon Launcher is the more popular version these numbers don't represent MS as a whole.
    But if the minority launcher has increased numbers, I think it's safe to assume so does the main launcher.

    The threats are indeed empty. I see people who say they're going to quit and never do more often than people who follow through.
    The people that do eventually quit have probably been replaced by two other people by the time they finally quit.

    Could be bots as well, with over 100000 accounts banned just from botting/hacking last week alone (Source) its not so much of a wild guess to think some positive numbers in growth is just people hacking it since its an easy thing to do. Steam numbers mean nothing compared to the Nexon Launcher and they refuse to say the amount of players in there. Surely, is MapleStory is in such a good state then it wouldn't be an issue to be transparent about it, specially when people are still going doomsday over it.

    As for people quitting, its hard when you have spent over 6 years carefully crafting your characters and playing with other people, or have spent thousands in progression and cosmetics. Its hard to leave a bad relationship when you have spent so much time in it, mostly because people feel it like time wasted, and the game itself is not bad as previously mentioned, its that management is a joke. People keep playing hoping one day it will get better. Its so easy to make money from this if they just decided to do their job well given the desperation.
    WONDERGUYKuronekonova
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 5,695
    Posts: 1,118
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    Could be bots as well, with over 100000 accounts banned just from botting/hacking last week alone (Source) its not so much of a wild guess to think some positive numbers in growth is just people hacking it since its an easy thing to do.

    Possibly. But if you look at the timeline, the first time Steam breaks past 1k players since Aug 2012 is when reboot gets released.
    After reboot comes out numbers are higher on average. Next December, numbers increase yet again. No only this, but the following month also breaks into 1k.
    2017 finally sees a few more months break into 1k. December still remaining the most popular month.
    2018 has July/June steal December's spot light while also giving April a chance to shine.
    2019 gives us the black mage event which results in three months of player numbers over 1k.
    People aren't quitting. More people are playing. Even if there is an increase in bots, they still represent players interested in the game.

    As far as Steam is concerned, the game is only becoming more popular.
    Now @Nexon, let's see those Nexon Launcher numbers...
    HuskyDM
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 2,600
    Posts: 378
    Member
    edited October 2019
    if you guys bought philo/marvel on time and get jucy broids mayb ethey would not make changes to Matilda
    so next time go nx all in DMT/marvel/philo if you want save the life of Matilda and other content

    about playerbase its pointless talk if its 5k a bit more or a bit less....
    (we all know whats going on ingame and or dont log and just go on micro site events once in a while and see how many activ users participate in x content)
    in before they hide that info in future <-1 year ago
    the line friends event participation was halfed <--5months ago
    sure they monitor the data well good luck with rewards chek points
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    As far as Steam is concerned, the game is only becoming more popular.
    Now @Nexon, let's see those Nexon Launcher numbers...
    you saw steam number ? about 1-1.5k lately.... all time peak almost 4k...
    the last event said about 5k total acc
    5k (+-) - 1-1.5k (+-) so thats 4-3.5k nexon launcher users +-
    lets say 10k total....wow( how many are from 2pc meta?)
    (i cant say who but there is maplestory server with twice that player base ) cough its not kms cough
    also hmmmm
    why GMS nexon forced so many players in 4 worlds lol



    also @nexon count the banned cheaters by letters so the number will be much biger why count them by how many chars they got in the acc they used to hack?
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 5,695
    Posts: 1,118
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    you saw steam number ? about 1-1.5k lately.... all time peak almost 4k...
    the last event said about 5k total acc
    5k (+-) - 1-1.5k (+-) so thats 4-3.5k nexon launcher users +-
    lets say 10k total....wow( how many are from 2pc meta?)
    Using the second event isn't as good an estimate as the Ark one.
    I was playing the game at that time and I didn't bother to do the web event.
    The ark event was less effort on the part of players and it was actually related to a major patch.
    Do you seriously think anyone cared about line friends, an IP that most players have never heard of?
    why GMS nexon forced so many players in 4 worlds lol
    The old worlds are from when MapleStory had exploded in population.
    Of course we've dropped from those days when millions were playing, but in recent years population seems to be on the rise.
    The server merges are a long needed change. Not the best argument for proof of population drops.
    also @nexon count the banned cheaters by letters so the number will be much biger why count them by how many chars they got in the acc they used to hack?
    They list both the number of accounts and characters blocked. There's nothing wrong with giving both of these figures.

    MapleStory isn't as popular as it should be, I will say that. But to claim it is dying is far from truth.
    All we need is a better community team from Nexon and the game will stop seeming so "dead".
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 2,600
    Posts: 378
    Member
    edited October 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    you saw steam number ? about 1-1.5k lately.... all time peak almost 4k...
    the last event said about 5k total acc
    5k (+-) - 1-1.5k (+-) so thats 4-3.5k nexon launcher users +-
    lets say 10k total....wow( how many are from 2pc meta?)
    Using the second event isn't as good an estimate as the Ark one.
    I was playing the game at that time and I didn't bother to do the web event.
    The ark event was less effort on the part of players and it was actually related to a major patch.
    Do you seriously think anyone cared about line friends, an IP that most players have never heard of?
    why GMS nexon forced so many players in 4 worlds lol
    The old worlds are from when MapleStory had exploded in population.
    Of course we've dropped from those days when millions were playing, but in recent years population seems to be on the rise.
    The server merges are a long needed change. Not the best argument for proof of population drops.
    also @nexon count the banned cheaters by letters so the number will be much biger why count them by how many chars they got in the acc they used to hack?
    They list both the number of accounts and characters blocked. There's nothing wrong with giving both of these figures.

    MapleStory isn't as popular as it should be, I will say that. But to claim it is dying is far from truth.
    All we need is a better community team from Nexon and the game will stop seeming so "dead".

    lol event numbers are as close as we can get to actual numbers that only nexon has and i guess never will share with us ( also dont need to show who cares they can show what they want if you log in as see almost emty and botters all over the maps farming elites dose it matter if they show bilions/milions players?)
    also by looking their socials like twitter,facebook,twitch,discord and reddit those numbers match with event activity aswell

    so multiple sources claim same numbers +- and you claim milions ?
    sure lets say there was somehow "milions" isnt that worse to hear now from "milions" to 10k-5k ?
    i dont know where you see the rise?

    also about dying am sure it will never happend there is no game that did die just like that
    there will be allways someone that can run it
    players are around small % quit from maplestory and move to other game all other quit and find other maplestory servers
    what happend to nexon eu ? closed and moved on but maplestory its still here they found way and still can play if they want or start on other servers they can do that to

    its about who manage the game and how
    as long as there is interest by players noway to kill the game to not be seen again
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 2,145
    Posts: 460
    Member
    edited October 2019
    They are in fact trying to kill the game so they have an excuse for not making maple great again. its up to us the voices of Maplestory to voice our concern to this issue and be loud about it. This will also require that new CM to act for the community and voice our concerns directly.

    Will the team fight for the people or will they let the game die? That will be shown from this moment to the time of reckoning. People and Maplestory community don't be silent "be the voice".
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 5,695
    Posts: 1,118
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    so multiple sources claim same numbers +- and you claim milions ?
    sure lets say there was somehow "milions" isnt that worse to hear now from "milions" to 10k-5k ?
    i dont know where you see the rise?

    I don't claim millions. Nexon did.
    https://www.wired.com/2009/05/maplestory-tops-92-million-players/
    That is ancient history however. This is where all those empty servers came from.
    We're not rising from that, which was 10 years ago. The rise is in recent history.
    You cannot dispute hard numbers. There is an obvious increase on steam.
    If there is a rise on Nexon Launcher as well is unknown, since Nexon doesn't release those numbers.
    also about dying am sure it will never happend there is no game that did die just like that
    That's where you're wrong.
    https://mmohuts.com/news/valkyrie-sky-shutting-down/
    Games do shut down all the time.
    The game still had plenty of interest but the company responsible for development seems to have vanished.
    riza wrote: »
    They are in fact trying to kill the game so they have an excuse for not making maple great again. its up to us the voices of Maplestory to voice our concern to this issue and be loud about it. This will also require that new CM to act for the community and voice our concerns directly.

    Will the team fight for the people or will they let the game die? That will be shown from this moment to the time of reckoning. People and Maplestory community don't be silent "be the voice".

    They aren't trying to kill the game. If they were they would just shut it down.
    Why try to slowly kill something that you can just end at any time?
    Nevermind the fact that Nexon is spending more money on the western market in recent years.
    Why would they increase budget if the idea was to kill the market off?
    Also Riza, please stop trying to talk about Maple as if it's a nation or movement of people. It's over dramatic and adds nothing to your posts.