[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New xylophone event quest

pat159pat159
Reactions: 1,090
Hi,

There's this quest for the new even called "sunshower's sweet sounds" but i cannot complete it because i have impaired hearing and i can't hear much so i simply can't do it no matter how hard i try... Now i know you will all tell me "well just ask someone to do it" but that's not a solution, i'm not about to go ask my neighbor every day to do this quest for me to get my daily coins from it. I don't find it fair, especially since the coins from these daily quests don't seem to count towards your daily total which means i will miss out on hundreds of coins if i skip it. If it counted towards your daily max i would suck it up and hunt more monsters but it doesn't seem to be how it works, according to the sketch quest.

Comments

• AcidicSoulAcidicSoul
    Reactions: 210
    edited October 2019
    Hello! Hard of Hearing // Partially deaf.
    I cannot hear the xylophone sounds. Can you add literally anything to help me? Colors, shaking movements, small flowers?
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    AcidicSoul wrote: »
    I cannot hear the xylophone sounds. Can you add literally anything to help me? Colors, shaking movements, small flowers?

I think the main problem with this minigame is that it's almost purely hearing based and less so memory like most of the other sequence minigames, which would be difficult for people who are hard of hearing or tone deaf (semi-joking).
    Think your best bet is to get someone else to help you with the minigame. (And dang is it hard even with normal hearing, or maybe I'm just terrible/lazy with music, even though I played an instrument in high school. xd)
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    AcidicSoul wrote: »

Unfortunately I can tell you right now nothing is going to be changed about this event. It is copy/pasted from kMS, and as such, they cannot, will not, and most probably do not know how to make any changes like that. It is an unfortunate reality but I figured you'd rather know straight up then try and feed you the same kind of hopeful BS that Nexon tries to give to us all the time. =)
    HuskyDMYinYangXGenkaiX1scholar624
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Copy and pasted my response from another thread on this matter:

Unfortunately I can tell you right now nothing is going to be changed about this event. It is copy/pasted from kMS, and as such, they cannot, will not, and most probably do not know how to make any changes like that. It is an unfortunate reality but I figured you'd rather know straight up then try and feed you the same kind of hopeful BS that Nexon tries to give to us all the time. =)
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    pat159 wrote: »
    especially since the coins from these daily quests don't seem to count towards your daily total

Jw, what makes you think it doesn't count to the total?
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/52972/updated-october-1-v-208-fabled-melody-patch-notes#sound
    If you have reached your point capacity for the day, you can no longer receive Story of Pebble and Wind points.
    Seems to me that they count and the one full day of coin capping I've done, it counted towards it.