[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

the worst boss design in the world

yst154211yst154211
Reactions: 510
edited October 2019 in General Chat
after last month update, the madman ranmaru really made me crazy. the firewall always kill me when i reborn. it also block my stars. i can't even quit. before that update , i can move to doge the attacks. but now , it's impossible. please do something .

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2019
    This boss is actually funny. It had the fire wall as part of the fight something like three years ago, as well as a dude that heals the boss and one that stuns you. Then some update somewhere broke this and the boss was basically free. Now it's working properly again and people are complaining that it's too hard.
    YinYangXdarikGenkaiX1Kuronekonova
  • wthNoIDwthNoID
    Reactions: 970
    edited October 2019
    tengu from mushroom shrine tales

a bunch of 1hit skills that with a few that are kinda full map with simi unclear safe spots

only time you can really damage him is when he puts up a shield pretty much in middle but before that he uses kb to hit you to side of map

tells you to hit "s key" in shield to trigger the damage which is basically hit hitting arrow keys and space 4~6 times
    (s key is space and not "s")

and boss it self kinda likes to go into phases of spaming back to back 1hit skills over tossing up the shield

i mean its a good concept just doesn't fit with maple as it has no real damage phase paired with endless ability to spam 1hit ko skills (if it had less 1hit skills or a clearer safe area probably would be fine)

and even more unfair on a class that lacks mobility as his kb has some range to it and later battle shield goes down faster then non-mobility classes can get to it
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    This boss is actually funny. It had the fire wall as part of the fight something like three years ago, as well as a dude that heals the boss and one that stuns you. Then some update somewhere broke this and the boss was basically free. Now it's working properly again and people are complaining that it's too hard.

People are complaining because it is literally impossible once you die. If you die while the firewall is up, you cannot respawn without dying unless you have an i-frame skill, as you respawn on the firewall, and it is a 1 hit k/o.

So yeah, I think it is a perfectly justifiable complaint.
  • yst154211yst154211
    Reactions: 510
    edited October 2019

no it's not hard. it's stupid.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2019
    Mira wrote: »

People are complaining because it is literally impossible once you die. If you die while the firewall is up, you cannot respawn without dying unless you have an i-frame skill, as you respawn on the firewall, and it is a 1 hit k/o.

So yeah, I think it is a perfectly justifiable complaint.

Last time the fire wall worked properly, it only spawned from the far right side, idk what happened
    GenkaiX1
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited October 2019
    I didn't even notice he had some "new" moves. Each of his hp bars still dies instantly. I honestly never liked this boss, mainly because of his ridiculous touch dmg. If he's moving towards you while you kill one of his hp bars, his "new life" teleports a few steps closer to you. Better get out of the way quick.
  • GenkaiX1GenkaiX1
    Reactions: 840
    edited October 2019
    He is a good boss, but if the firewall is on the left side that means it was bugged in that instance and should be posted in the Bugs forum.

Mods please move this thread there.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited October 2019
    Solution: Just one shot kill it. EZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz