[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

We need such changes.

Skyfall1989Skyfall1989
Reactions: 1,255
edited October 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello there,

Although MapleStory is upgrading and having more content for players, there are still things to be improved. The current settings are just not logical and 'friendly' to players, it will be nice if these changes will be implemented such as:
1. Make In-game EXP/DROP coupons transferable within your account. PS: I can't figure out why this is not made yet.

2. Make trait portions transferable within your account. Right now the maximum level of the trait is lv100, what to do with these trait portions when you already have that at lv100, why not just transfer them to your other characters?

3. In marvel, add 'DELETE' option ONLY to delete the records after the items are redeemed. By doing so, it won't make it messy for players to go through an entire list to look for the items they want.

4. Add daily party quests for obtaining arcane river droplet stone. Why so? because the drop rate of this stone is very low and players at to star force their arcane items.

5. When you change characters within your account, just return to the character selection screen instead of channel selection. It is really annoying, why do l need to select channel when l change my characters?

6. Why can protection scrolls only work till 12 stars to prevent items from booming? Does it have anything to do with Starforce enhancement after 12 stars?

7. Add recycle system to recycle the NX items (hat, top, bottom, shoes, and so on. any kind of NX items for dressing up your characters) you do not want into reward point, I believe players only keep few sets NX items they like the most to dress up their characters. I know there is an option to either delete the NX items you do not like to keep in cash shop or simply destroy them in the recycle bin in Henesys park, but why? Why can't we just have them recycled and have some reward points as a return? It makes this game more friendly to f2p players and I think it is a good suggestion.

8. Revamp the monster book and make the monster card drop for all the monsters more properly (I know few monsters do not drop a monster card at all), also remove all non-existing monsters from the monster book so that each set can be completed. It is already out of date, and the number of monster collected is not accurate.

9. For the monster collection, remove the level restriction when you want to collect a small elite boss at a high level. If l am not mistaken that the current setting is that you can only spawn small elite boss when your character level is within the level range. Basically, you have to level up a character in the correct level in order to spawn them, it is kind of stupid.

10. Add 2-hour exp coupons in cash shop, the current one is 4 hours and it is kind of too long to keep grinding like that.

11. Add the option to refresh the sales page in auction house without re-entering the auction house.

If you like these suggestions, please 'LIKE' it and give your comments. :)
Hubbertodarik

Comments

• HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    5. When you change characters within your account, just return to character selection screen instead of channel selection. It is really annoying, why do l need to select channel when l change my characters?

We had this at one point but it made the servers/client really unstable for some reason and then they just gave up on fixing it.
    Fuhreak
  • Skyfall1989Skyfall1989
    edited September 2019
    HHG1 wrote: »
    5. When you change characters within your account, just return to character selection screen instead of channel selection. It is really annoying, why do l need to select channel when l change my characters?

We had this at one point but it made the servers/client really unstable for some reason and then they just gave up on fixing it.

Well, I don't understand why. But it seems KMS can have this function and they have more players than GMS.
    HuskyDM
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited September 2019

Well, I don't understand why. But it seems KMS can have this function and they have more players than GMS.

KMS is leaps and bounds a much better quality built game than GMS, either that or Koreans don't complain as much. Every little bit of change that GMS introduces seems to always end in causing more problems for reasons unknown, and rather than committing to changing anything they instead scrap it.
  • Skyfall1989Skyfall1989
    edited September 2019
    HuskyDM wrote: »

KMS is leaps and bounds a much better quality built game than GMS, either that or Koreans don't complain as much. Every little bit of change that GMS introduces seems to always end in causing more problems for reasons unknown, and rather than committing to changing anything they instead scrap it.

I believe GMS has the ability to make this game with a better experience for players, but I don't think they just want to. Because you know, it takes money to do it. But if no investment into the game, it will finally end up with more players quitting just like last year and this year.
  • HubbertoHubberto
    Reactions: 1,455
    edited September 2019
    4 and 6, DEFINITELY.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited September 2019

They probably do a balance to see whats more ex0ensive and what they can afford, if it ends like they cant afford trying to fix it they wont fix it , thats how i see it at least, its a company after all and they need to see whats worth investing into and whats not.
    Also consider gms is a mix of a lot of maplestories from other parts of the world hence the global thing and they also have exclusive content, while kms is pure kms, so the risk of having buggs and stuff being more imponpatible is higuer in gms than in kms , thats what i think but i have no idea about programming or how the games code work.
  • Skyfall1989Skyfall1989
    edited September 2019
    I have updated more changes, please take a look. :)
  • Skyfall1989Skyfall1989
    edited September 2019
    darik wrote: »

They probably do a balance to see whats more ex0ensive and what they can afford, if it ends like they cant afford trying to fix it they wont fix it , thats how i see it at least, its a company after all and they need to see whats worth investing into and whats not.
    Also consider gms is a mix of a lot of maplestories from other parts of the world hence the global thing and they also have exclusive content, while kms is pure kms, so the risk of having buggs and stuff being more imponpatible is higuer in gms than in kms , thats what i think but i have no idea about programming or how the games code work.

I agree with you, it is all about balance. As players, we want to have our expectations to come true if applicable but it is up to GMS and l respect that. But I still believe for some suggestions, GMS has the ability to achieve it.
    darik
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    9. For the monster collection, remove the level restriction when you want to collect a small elite boss at a high level. If l am not mistake that current setting is that you can only spawn small elite boss when your character level is within the level range. Basically, you have to level up a character in the correct level in order to spawn them, it is kind of stupid.

From past experience, it was actually possible to get elite mobs to spawn outside of level range, but it took ages.
    Same thing with runes, they could spawn, but it took over an hour to get one.
    I haven't seen it in awhile so maybe it was patched out?
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    Reactions: 2,025
    edited October 2019

8. Revamp the monster book and make the monster card drop for all the monsters more properly (I know few monsters do not drop a monster card at all), also remove all non-existing monsters from the monster book so that each set can be completed. It is already out of date, and the number of monster collected is not accurate.

9. For the monster collection, remove the level restriction when you want to collect a small elite boss at a high level. If l am not mistake that current setting is that you can only spawn small elite boss when your character level is within the level range. Basically, you have to level up a character in the correct level in order to spawn them, it is kind of stupid.

I like all of these
  • Skyfall1989Skyfall1989
    edited October 2019
    Updated point 10.. :)
  • Skyfall1989Skyfall1989
    edited October 2019
    Point 11 added.