[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I came back after years of not playing, banned...

TGNWolfTGNWolf
Reactions: 100
in Tech Support
I played for over 5 years, I put hard work grinding for 8 hours at a time to level up in the early level 100 range (though I understand its much faster now), and spent well over a thousand on NX back when I did play... and I decided to try playing again after between 5-10 years of not playing (there was no Nexon launcher and it wasn't on the Steam launcher either back then, it just had its own client), and suddenly my account is banned for hacking or illegal activities?

I submitted a ticket, got a copy-paste response that my account was involved in a violation against the Code of Conduct. I replied asking what exactly I did wrong that was against the Code of Conduct, and got a copy-paste with the exact same response.

I'm so confused and frustrated. What can I do? I don't want to start over again and lose all of my permanent NX items, I'd rather not even play if I have to and not even know what I did to get banned.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    If your account was banned sometime during the years you were not playing, chances are it got stolen and used by hackers. Your characters and items are probably no longer there anyway. Might as well start over with a clean account.

If you're saying you came back and played a bit and then got banned, then you're going to have to sort it out with Customer Support. No-one on these forums can do anything about account bans. You might want to ask (on your support ticket) for a Senior GM to look at your ban appeal.
    As for what you did: you might have software running on your computer that Nexon's anti-hack recognizes as cheating tools.
  • TGNWolfTGNWolf
    Reactions: 100
    edited October 2019
    Looking at rankings for the characters (LordRaid, ExpertDante, etc etc), all of my items are still there, and the biggest loss would be all of the permanent NX items I had (dozens of them) which I don't think a hacker could get rid of. I can't think of any software that would be considered cheating tools, as I only used Skype and Firefox right now, and back then I think besides those I also used MSN Messenger and Fraps, and I don't think anyone ever got banned for any of those. If a hacker did hijack my account and do illegal things, I wish they'd at least tell me that much so I could have some closure.

I did reply again to the ticket, since the second response was a copy-paste of the first one. I'll try asking for a Senior GM to look at the ban appeal if I get another reply.

Thanks for the tip.
  • AstersAsters
    Reactions: 975
    edited October 2019
    try setting up your login location from website here first- probably that is the only step that is blocking you..
  • AstersAsters
    Reactions: 975
    edited October 2019
    try setting up your login location from website here first- probably that is the only step that is blocking you..