[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Game Crash] Formation Attack [Video]

HuskyDMHuskyDM
Reactions: 3,745
edited October 2019 in Bug Reporting
[Update 2] Added a video

[Update] Doing Crimson Queen Normal killing all the mobs while holding down Formation Attack and then fighting Crimson Queen caused no issues. On Pierre alternating attacks caused a crash with the "Malicious program detected" dialog.
Tested it outside of battle and found out rapidly mashing the Formation Attack button causes a crash with that dialog.

Steps to reproduce: While on Hawk mode rapidly mash attack to cause Formation Attack to trigger multiple times instead of holding it down for a single stream. This will cause a disconnection.

Bug Type: Incorrect Malicious Code Detection, Forced Disconnection, Crash, Gameplay
Times: Between 7:15pm and 7:30pm PDT - Between 9:50pm and 10:30pm pdt
Character: HuskyDM
Class: Beast Tamer
Level: 213
World: Elysium

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

[Original Post]

Three times today I've gotten force quit by supposed "Illegal or malicious code running" during the Gollux boss. All cases had me killing mobs using Hawk Mode's Formation Attack (essentially Hurricane). I'll reset my PC and try again tomorrow to check if its Gollux or Formation Attack that is the cause of the disconnections. Two cases where on the right side of the map before Gollux's shoulder, and once in the first map of his left leg.

Steps to Reproduce: Be a Beast Tamer and use Formation Attack to kill the mobs during the Gollux fight, it seems that any area works.

Bug Type: Incorrect Malicious Code Detection, Forced Disconnection
Times: Between 7:15 and 7:30 PDT
Character: HuskyDM
Class: Beast Tamer
Level: 213
World: Elysium

Comments

• AzielxAzielx
    Reactions: 210
    edited October 2019
    At least one skill of every class has caused a d/c from what it seems. Another one added to the list is Beast Tamers Formation attack for hawk ( when attack doesn't land ) you'll be disconnected instantly.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Thank you for reporting this bug. It has been forwarded.
    HuskyDM
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    edited October 2019
    Bump Update

Formation Attack still causes disconnections after October 3rd Unscheduled Path

0UppvSU.png
  • AzielxAzielx
    edited October 2019
    I'm experiencing this as well. I tried to make a post but bleh :C i hope they fix this soon.
  • KingofFurriesKingofFurries
    Reactions: 1,605
    edited October 2019
    Can confirm, this does indeed happen, and it's supper annoying since i use hawk mode all the time.
    IGN: KingFurry
    Level: 236
    world: Bera
    iFeli
  • ShiftahShiftah
    Reactions: 540
    Having the same issue
    "Illegal program or malicious code detected. The game will force quit."
  • KyoWantsCuteKyoWantsCute
    Reactions: 700
    edited October 2019
    Hopefully it's fixed soon!
  • ShiftahShiftah
    edited October 2019
    Did more testing today, since I had to quit yesterday out of sheer frustration. The game crashes when you spam click the Attack key (Formation Attack).

I am assuming the crash has something to do with the game receiving inputs too fast (since it's almost channeling the ability now, in terms of speed.)
    This is all speculations now, but every click of Formation Attack seems like it could be several inputs on the server side, seeing as it's so fast regularly, when you're holding down the attack button.

Please Nexon look into this, thank you.
    iFeli
  • iFeliiFeli
    Reactions: 300
    edited October 2019
    Same problem.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Thank you for reporting that this issue persists. The report has been forwarded.
  • AzielxAzielx
    edited October 2019
    Of course, the issue still continues . Sad life. Haven't played maple because of this issue.
    Shiftah
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    edited October 2019
    Bump update. The issue still persists after the October 10th unscheduled patch.
    Shiftah
  • ShiftahShiftah
    edited October 2019
    I legit think Nexon forgets that this class exists from time to time.

HuskyDM
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    edited October 2019
    Shiftah wrote: »
    I legit think Nexon forgets that this class exists from time to time.

Given it took 3 years to give Beast Tamer a well needed buff I would say they do.

Also submitted a ticket directly to technical support, they asked for a full video showing the disconnection and the error message. Hopefully this is an issue that will be addressed soon. Almost two weeks since the major patch and no solution is too much.
    Shiftah
  • KingofFurriesKingofFurries
    Reactions: 1,605
    edited October 2019
    STILL NOT FIXED
    REEEEEEEEEEEE

its not fair :( other classes had all their d/c issues fixed the next day in an emergency unscheduled maint, and yet Beast tamer still has the problem.
    HuskyDMShiftah
  • ShiftahShiftah
    edited October 2019
    This is getting ridiculous
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    edited October 2019
    Bump update, still happens.

Did this last update do anything at all?
  • CaridadCaridad
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2019
    Hello!
    I would like to respond the same problem as well. It has been happening for about 1 week and a half constantly.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    edited October 2019