[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

30% off SF its feel like scam event

VoiceInAVoidVoiceInAVoid
Reactions: 370
edited October 2019 in General Chat
spent over 3b on one gear and can't even reach 15 stars tbh it seems really like trap event fix those rates

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2019
    Congrats, the event saved you over 900m
    FuhreakYinYangX
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited October 2019
    Just a discount, it doesn't improve your success rate.
    Only the 5th,10th,15th 100% success rate event on November 10 give better odds to reaching higher star force due to only needing 4 success in a row instead of 5.
    Fuhreak
  • VoiceInAVoidVoiceInAVoid
    edited October 2019
    Rexaar wrote: »
    Just a discount, it doesn't improve your success rate.
    Only the 5th,10th,15th 100% success rate event on November 10 give better odds to reaching higher star force due to only needing 4 success in a row instead of 5.

ofc I know this event doesn't increase the rates but somehow without the event the average to 15* cost me around 1b give or take so thats why i feel when we got 30% its like 30% off of the rates also cause now it took me 3b and didn't make it to 15* on a single item yet so wtf is going on
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited October 2019
    Bad luck
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited October 2019
    My problem with this is that this is the only Sunny Sunday effect going on. Seriously? Couldn't add something else?
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited October 2019
    Its all rng in the end, i spent 7b and got a sht ton of 17* on one 30% off , did u star catch? Cuz that really makes a difference for me frpm 10 to 17
  • VoiceInAVoidVoiceInAVoid
    edited October 2019
    darik wrote: »
    Its all rng in the end, i spent 7b and got a sht ton of 17* on one 30% off , did u star catch? Cuz that really makes a difference for me frpm 10 to 17

yes I did star catch but not seems to help much during the event
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2019
    The event has no effect on your chances of success. It was literally nothing more than the meso cost being reduced by 30%.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited October 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    The event has no effect on your chances of success. It was literally nothing more than the meso cost being reduced by 30%.

well this is nexon...
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2019
    ShadEight wrote: »

well this is nexon...

And this is an event with clearly-stated effects and limitations. If it had any dastardly side-effects, you'd hear an ample amount of bitching from kms. Loosen up the tinfoil hat, fam.
    Fuhreak
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited October 2019
    Loosen up the tinfoil hat
    Nah