[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

World Transfer

WuffWuff
Reactions: 300
Despite what's been done, it was from my understanding that a world transfer would occur every two years or so. For myself, the first transfer in my time playing Maplestory took place from September 19th of 2017 - October 3rd. According to some players in Elysium and elsewhere, a final World Transfer is needed for players that might have missed that opportunity, or seeking a new world to reside. Various posts from years 18-19 have indicated that players desire the chance to move once more. Not to say the World Merge was a poor choice made by Nexon, but in some eyes, it was not the proper move. Needless to say, it may have been a better choice to provide a transfer, then merge to narrow down the deceased worlds.

Comments

• HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited October 2019
    I disagree. World transfers create a lot of unnecessary chaos as seen with the Bera incident we had the last World Leap, filling the server to a brim and causing many of the players that were away a lot of annoyance because their servers got emptier. World Merge was a necessity, World Leap is not. If a World Leap were to happen it won't be from Aurora and Elysium to elsewhere, but rather into them, as in the last leaps were Scania was barred off which lead people to filling Bera instead. It will take a lot of convincing to get Berans and Scanians into any of the two smallest servers and even then there will be one server that will remain small as it is highly unlikely everyone will make sure to fill them out evenly. A better solution imo would be to Merge Aurora and Elysium, though that would still cause problems as some will complain that the server has gotten overpopulated, from personal experience people in Elysium like their solitude.
    Fuhreak
  • WuffWuff
    Reactions: 300
    edited October 2019
    If it's merging Elysium and Aurora, then perhaps that's an idea, but how many years before something such as that takes place? Possibly another two years or so? People will complain no matter what you issue to the table, but by opening more doors, wouldn't that be a positive to players that seek a different kind of change?
    Elysium's population improved by quite a bit, but the few outliers are still there--the market, for example, is slightly more inflated than that of Aurora's. So yeah, a merge between those two may improve market quality and other possible issues.
    I still hear about the idea of having two giant servers (not including Reboot) around, so who knows, perhaps that's another idea that may or may not be implemented in the future. Lmk what you think, thank!
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited October 2019
    I think having several servers of different sizes is preferable over having less servers but overloaded. I don't know about the market since my only experience has been with GRAZED-Elysium, so I wouldn't noticed such changes. I would have preferred that all of the smaller servers got merged into one but then you have to take into account that over 10 servers worth of characters would have been difficult to manage. I don't mind going through another server merge but lets be honest, under Nexon's management that won't happen even if it benefits the community.
    Fuhreak
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2019
    I'll second Husky. I think more people would prefer the current setup, four worlds of varying size, over two servers as cram-packed and overpopulated as bera currently is.