[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

10 things I HATE about maplestory. From a vet

gamer12341gamer12341
Reactions: 305
edited October 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
By commenting in this thread you are submitting your agreement to this petition for both PICK-UP system update, Inventory update, and Profession rework.
We can make a statement to Maplestory community that this feature is critical to future game players.

Hi,

Lets start off on the right note, Thank you for visiting my post and sharing the same concerns I have for maplestory. Please take the next few minutes to review my content and rising issues.

Quick about me: I original started playing maplestory in 2008, then went on-off. I recently rejoined and played for about a month to relearn all the mechanics and immerse into maplestory. I enjoy a majority of the current maplestory but nothings perfect so lets try to be better, fighting.

Ok, here the list:
10 Things I hate about maplestory

1. Website is insecure. Make it secure.

2. In-game purchases, specifically Gachapon THAT’S LITERALLY GAMBLING, shame-on-you. (I'm interested in paid-subscription base and in-game achievements/rewards)

3. Looting/pick-up system sucks. recommend Map looting/area-of-effect-looting. MUST HAVE/DEAL BREAKER.

4. Profession book doesn’t automatically recommend having SOME or ALL of the required items. Make profession book recommend crafts that you have some or all the materials to make from inventory, to the top.

5. Profession veins sources are limited. recommended unlimited because would like to afk train and its annoying to jump from flower/rock for a random chance at a flower/seed blue/red rock. Make one for seed and one for flower. make source/vein unlimited. and harvesting for a minute at time result should be 10-20 of desired herb/rock.

6. Profession veins sources have arrow key check. Recommended removed the arrow key check. 30% of the time I can't even see the key direction and miss the arrow check causing annoyance. I am not a bot

7. I Leveled to 10 in Alchemy and can’t make slot bags. What the Heck. I want to make a freaking bag or increase tabs for inventory (see number 8).

8. Inventory needs new tabs: chairs, coins, keys, quest items, profession items, expiring items,... MUST HAVE/DEAL BREAKER.

9. Skills/Stat buff only last 180sec. What the heck. Sarcastic: I only play maplestory 180 seconds at a time. Recommend skill buff 15 minutes.

10. Majority of Cash shop equipment items are 90-days or less. What the Heck. I’m not interested in 3-month leasing.

Thanks for reading and visiting. I wish to openly discuss the implementation with all community members.

Lets make it happen and fighting,
Gamer

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2019
    There is an infinite supply of herbs and mineral veins located in Ardentmill, in the portal on the bottom-right. All herbs and minerals can be found there except for golden and mysterious veins (both of which only drop items from the other types of veins anyway). The real benefit of mysterious veins in battle maps is cubes, rose clippings, cubic blades, etc.

Additionally, you must be a master craftsman (I.E. level 11) to craft slot bags, not level 10. It would probably be easier to buy a larger bag from the Auction House or wait until an event has one in the shop, as they don't require a master craftsman rank and, to my knowledge, they're generally bigger.
    PetalmagicYinYangX
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited October 2019
    2. In-game purchases, specifically Gachapon THAT’S LITERALLY GAMBLING, shame-on-you. (I'm interested in paid-subscription base and in-game achievements/rewards)

Gachapon is not that important. There is something to be said about gambling videogames but shoot at stuff that matters, like potentials which do affect progression being way too pay-to-win in normal servers.
    3. Looting/pick-up system sucks. recommend Map looting/area-of-effect-looting. MUST HAVE/DEAL BREAKER.
    Get a pet for that, takes money or being able to beat H.Hilla. There should be more sources of free pets however.
    6. Profession veins sources have arrow key check. Recommended removed the arrow key check. 30% of the time I can't even see the key direction and miss the arrow check causing annoyance. I am not a bot
    Yes they are meant for bots, doing the key chain once disables it for a while. I do agree that the visibility should be better, whatever textures they use need to be reverted to the old ones. There is something to be said about how the key checks have no impact on bot population though, we need real solutions, not second hand band-aids.
    9. Skills/Stat buff only last 180sec. What the heck. Sarcastic: I only play maplestory 180 seconds at a time. Recommend skill buff 15 minutes.
    That would defeat the purpose of buffs. In every other MMO buffs are temporal and have a cooldown, its part of the genre.
    10. Majority of Cash shop equipment items are 90-days or less. What the Heck. I’m not interested in leasing.
    Being a free to play game there has to be a way to earn money. I don't agree with timed cosmetics but there are ways around it like Premium Surprise Boxes. We need to get the monthly $1 deals in perm-NX back and Pets should be permanent again though.
    WONDERGUY
  • gamer12341gamer12341
    edited October 2019
    Neospector wrote: »
    There is an infinite supply of herbs and mineral veins located in Ardentmill, in the portal on the bottom-right. All herbs and minerals can be found there except for golden and mysterious veins (both of which only drop items from the other types of veins anyway). The real benefit of mysterious veins in battle maps is cubes, rose clippings, cubic blades, etc.

Additionally, you must be a master craftsman (I.E. level 11) to craft slot bags, not level 10. It would probably be easier to buy a larger bag from the Auction House or wait until an event has one in the shop, as they don't require a master craftsman rank and, to my knowledge, they're generally bigger.

@Necospector I was talking about the veins in Ardentmill. I hate having to jump around the map from one source to the next only to get a 50%/50% chance at the item [flower/seed or ore/gem] that I'm looking for.

My solution is 1 mass vein for ore, 1 mass vein for gem, 1 mass vein for flower, and 1 mass vein for seed. No key check. Harvesting time ~30sec result 20 of desired material either dropped or auto-placed into inventory [ inventory also needs more dedicated tabs for professions material, chairs, coins, keys, quest items, mounts]
    7uXnLQH.png (my idea comes from runescape another mmo that use the the same mechanics mine one rock (auto inventory 1 ore). Now they have implemented auto-harvesting and auto-inventorying for little daunting task like material collecting.) It allows players to AFK (movie, youtube, reading) and continue playing the game while completing undesirable task.

Also increase fatigue to ~2,000?

Thanks for your reply, Nerco

• gamer12341gamer12341
    edited October 2019
    Gachapon is not that important. There is something to be said about gambling videogames but shoot at stuff that matters, like potentials which do affect progression being way too pay-to-win in normal servers.
    Your totally right. I play on reboot.
    Get a pet for that, takes money or being able to beat H.Hilla. There should be more sources of free pets however.
    Pick-up system can still be better. Many other MMO have reworked the looting system (World of Warcraft and Runescape) have update the pick-up feature to Area-of-effect over 5 years ago.
    This is how I plan it will work. Character is surrounded by dropped items. They press the "pick-up" key and within ~50,000 pixel of character all items are instantly placed into inventory.
    Yes they are meant for bots, doing the key chain once disables it for a while. I do agree that the visibility should be better, whatever textures they use need to be reverted to the old ones. There is something to be said about how the key checks have no impact on bot population though, we need real solutions, not second hand band-aids.
    Thank you for agreeing that key-check are annoying, difficult to complete, I would like to see some hard data that show key-check actively prevent botters.
    That would defeat the purpose of buffs. In every other MMO buffs are temporal and have a cooldown, its part of the genre.
    A weapon booster buff that only last 180 seconds is not that normal. In World of Warcraft the 1 MAIN active buff lasts an hour (its normal to assume a average player will play for 1 hour). It over complicated that buff a character constantly and having to wait to sit through multiple buff animations.

Thank you Husky for your breakdown and response to each concern. appreciate it and hope I continue voicing for better gameplay.

fighting,
    Gamer
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited October 2019
    By commenting after this post you are submitting your agreement to this too.
    We can make a statement to Maplestory community that this feature is critical to future game players

here some more reasons :

i want when i log in and move my char with each pixel move in any direction to get x2 dmg range
    about items i would like to open my inventory and be there all of them ,(pet vac $$ comeing soon....)
    i would like to skip story quest and go "meta" watch my dmg numbers only
    remove BoD unique thing so i can have it more of them i dont want die while i watch TV
    improve my skill and frenzy so i can stay in mid map and hold key attack while watch TV again

if not game its bad...

Thank you TMS

thank you gms for listen ctrl c / ctrl v GMS "great" again to be continued

(you want/complain all the time nexon deliver $$ win win, all other players rip)
    real reasons (not in specific order)
    -toaster server
    -bugs
    -hackers
    -p2w/gamble 

got em, nice one
    gamer12341 wrote: »
    By commenting in this thread you are submitting your agreement to this the petition for both PICK-UP system update, Inventory update, and Profession rework.
    We can make a statement to Maplestory community that this feature is critical to future game players.

Hi,
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2019
    Website doesn't need to be secure. The pages that need to be secure(login, billing support) are.
  • gamer12341gamer12341
    edited October 2019
    By commenting in this thread you are submitting your agreement to this the petition for both PICK-UP system update, Inventory update, and Profession rework.
    I have updated the original post to include statement above.

Aggraphine wrote: »
    Website doesn't need to be secure. The pages that need to be secure(login, billing support) are.
    your right.

"WONDERGUY wrote: »
    i want when i log in and move my char with each pixel move in any direction to get x2 dmg range
    about items i would like to open my inventory and be there all of them ,(pet vac $$ comeing soon....)
    i would like to skip story quest and go "meta" watch my dmg numbers only
    remove BoD unique thing so i can have it more of them i dont want die while i watch TV
    improve my skill and frenzy so i can stay in mid map and hold key attack while watch TV again

if not game its bad...

Thank you TMS

thank you gms for listen ctrl c / ctrl v GMS "great" again to be continued

(you want/complain all the time nexon deliver $$ win win, all other players rip)
    -toaster server
    -bugs
    -hackers
    -p2w/gamble 

Mod please delete/mute WONDERGUY post. It does not add to the topic of discussion
    WONDERGUY
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited October 2019
    Mod please delete/mute WONDERGUY post. It does not add to the topic of discussion

i updated mine with rule aswell ?

my idea comes from runescape another mmo that use the the same mechanics mine one rock (auto inventory 1 ore). Now they have implemented auto-harvesting and auto-inventorying for little daunting task like material collecting.) It allows players to AFK (movie, youtube, reading) and continue playing the game while completing undesirable task.

Also increase fatigue to ~2,000?

Thanks for your reply, Nerco

wonderfull ideas from dead games
    please tell this to TMS/GMS they dont know how to make more $$
    automated players for $ new meta in GMS
    why log and do things... such waste time OMG
    5. Profession veins sources are limited. recommended unlimited because would like to afk train and its annoying to jump from flower/rock for a random chance at a flower/seed blue/red rock. Make one for seed and one for flower. make source/vein unlimited. and harvesting for a minute at time result should be 10-20 of desired herb/rock.

if you are for real after saying that then i dont see how my reasons for watching tv while boss are bad
    why go afk and do nothing lets be real why we want afk
    i want "afk" watch tv while i boss and grind too just like you
    lets make BoD/frenzy changes to help us more with that

everyone come and post = agree with your post
    nexon blindly lisent and win win
    dont need to ban me all good

i know game its so bad if we cant do that not because there is other reasons

for all at the moment and future game players...
    -toaster server
    -bugs
    -hackers
    -p2w/gamble

good luck with avoiding with other reasons

#banWonderGuy
    #MakeGMSbotslegitinCS
    #payDONTplay
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2019
    I have updated the original post to include statement above.

I do not consent to this statement. I do not speak in support of any of your ideas. My presence, and that of anyone else, in this thread does not constitute implicit support for your statements.
    FuhreakHuskyDMPetalmagicPirateIzzyKuronekonova
This discussion has been closed.