[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Let DROP Coupons survive disconnection

Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
Reactions: 6,020
edited February 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
It's been awhile since EXP Coupons have been changed to survive disconnection which has proved useful.

However, I've been having disconnection issues time to time when lagging in Hungry Muto (Chu Chu) Party Quest when using a 2x DROP Coupon. I've probably used 3 per run by now. Not saying I haven't noticed this, but it's increasing annoying when disconnection is at an all time high.

I think DROP Coupons should changed to survive disconnection as well.

Thoughts, options? Maybe have a better idea?
KerBansotJettLuvsUFennekinTorippiTanya
  1. Should DROP Coupons survive disconnection?19 votes
    1. Yes.
       100% (19 votes)
    2. No.
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited March 2017
    Used a 1 Hour DROP Coupon buff, 1 minute in and I disconnect.

This really needs to be implemented.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited March 2017
    o gosh pls.. if they did that for EXP coupons&potions, I'm sure they can do that for drop buffs.

Nexon, please add it to next 'A Better Maple' update!
  • BXLBXL
    Reactions: 870
    edited March 2017
    Was just about to suggest something along the lines, but with all buffs. Didn't realize that EXP is already saved XD but yeah I agree :P
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited March 2017
    This would really help anyone that use cupons and dcs, now that we have a CM, will he respond?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Of course.
    I don't know why they thought to save exp but not drop buffs. The game treats exp and drop in very parallel ways, other than that.

And personally I agree with BXL that all buffs should survive disconnection. Even made a suggestion about that in the old forums. But...
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited March 2017
    Agreed and supported. It would be a great change for the better.
  • TanyaTanya
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited March 2017
    This needs to happen. During the first 2x event this weekend I stupidly went to chu chu island (silly me for wanting to train in a place for my level) - resulting in getting roughly 20 minutes of extra 2x drop from my 3 HOURS worth of drop coupons thanks to dcing and losing each coupon.

Also, wealth potions lose their drop effect too, but i believe exp accumulation potions stay active after a dc - so these should also be considered!
    JettLuvsU
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited March 2017
    This should be implemented due to the server instability. We have to farm nodestones now!