[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Deleting a character: incorrect message

KurtKurt
Reactions: 1,160
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Bug: Log-in screen, incorrect information

When deleting any character that is not an Explorer, players will receive a message that reads: "Deleting this character will also delete any cash items you own." This used to be an accurate statement as any character deleted other than Explorers, would lose their items at the time of deletion, permanently. Now, since the addition of shared cash shop inventories for more than just explorers, this warning message is no longer accurate. When you delete a Resistance character, for example, the items in your cash locker will no longer disappear. You can still see these items when you create a new character, or even on another resistance you have. The message should be changed to the one that Explorers get when being deleted which simply reads: "Are you sure you wish to permanently delete this character?"
JettLuvsU

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 2017
    This is not specifically a bug, but I will move it to the suggestions forum because it does make little sense currently.
  • KurtKurt
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    I'm not sure why you moved this as I would consider this a bug. It is not a suggestion, it is a report of a text related issue that has been around for a while now.
  • SlatymateSlatymate
    Reactions: 2,150
    edited May 2017
    I would keep that text for one reason: NX equipment on your character will get deleted. If you move your NX items in the Cash Shop inventory, you will be ok. It's a good warning to insist players to double check before deleting a character.
    Its2Sharp4U
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Slatymate wrote: »
    I would keep that text for one reason: NX equipment on your character will get deleted. If you move your NX items in the Cash Shop inventory, you will be ok. It's a good warning to insist players to double check before deleting a character.

I'm not entirely sure of that.
    I believe I read someone saying they deleted a character, and the cash items on it were automatically moved to cash storage. I'm not inclined to test whether that really happens or not.
    I also don't know what happens if you delete the last character of a class-group. Does the shared cash inventory for that group get deleted as well?

I believe all these things need testing, and the warning message needs to be changed to be accurate. "delete any cash items you own" seems to say that deleting one character will delete all your cash items across all characters.
    Kurt
  • KurtKurt
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    What AKradian is saying is correct. I made sure to test both these points before creating this bug report thread. Here is what I did to test it:
    I created a brand new Kaiser character and purchased a monster park coupon (2.5mil) in the cash shop. I took it out of the cash shop and put it in my character's item inventory. I then logged out and deleted that character. Note that this is the only Nova character I had, so it was the last of that class-group. I then created another new Kaiser (Nova) and logged back in. What I found was that the item was in fact still there AND moved back to the cash shop. I have known this change for a while, but I wanted to test and be sure it was the case before reporting it.

It now behaves just as the shared explorer cash inventory did. Therefor, the "deleted" message is no longer accurate. I'm hoping this issue can be addressed, as the warning message is very misleading now.
    HHG1