[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Hayato: Frequent DCs at Cavern Lower Path.

InpartsInparts
Reactions: 510
edited December 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Gameplay, Disconnections.

On a Hayato, farming at the Cavern Lower Path map in Arcana triggers fairly frequent disconnections. This happens on average at least once per hour, with personal records of up to 5 times an hour.

Disconnections involve the screen instantly going black, with this imaging showing up and rapidly fading: KGgakHc.png
The game then returns to the world selection screen, with a message showing "Unable to connect to game server". WSn67tG.jpg

The vast majority of said disconnections occur immediately after casting Hayato's Vapour Blade skill (Upwards mobility), with a number of disconnections triggering on Weapon Aura's Aura Wave cast.

These disconnections only occur in Cavern Lower Path, and never in other Arcana maps, such as Lower Path 1 and Lower Path 2, at least in my experiences. My hypothesis that this bug was caused by Vapour Blade was due to my clearing pattern in Lower Path 1/2 not requiring the usage of that skill.

This has been an ongoing problem spanning several months. As early as October, I stopped using Wealth Acquisition Potions and Legion Meso buffs while farming in this map, due to this disconnection problem. This is most likely not a network issue on my own end: I am currently using a different network than usual (Due to me being in a different city for the holidays), but am continuing to experience these disconnections with a similar frequency. This issue occurs on different devices, as well.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to get the input of other Hayato players on this issue. To the best of my knowledge, for most of this time period, there was only one other legitimate Hayato in Reboot participating in a Lucid party. This other Hayato has already finished his 240 Droplets before Arcana was released, so he has had no need to farm in Arcana. Thus, I was the only Hayato player legitimately farming in this map.

Reproduction: Using a similar clearing method as I do at Cavern Lower Path, incorporating Vapour Blade for vertical mobility rather than Ropelift, similar disconnections should occur on average once an hour.

Video evidence: Available to Nexon employees upon request. There was some sensitive information that was accidentally included in the video, so I will not be able to provide the video publicly.

Character: Slash / Hayato / Reboot / Level 250

Time: Ongoing for several months now.