[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Friendstory]Unable to obtain medals and chairs

reius123reius123
Reactions: 1,040
edited November 2021 in Bug Reporting
Brief bug summary:
Upon defeating chapter five of the content Friend Story you will be rewarded with 1x Shinsoo Badge, 1x Best Friend Medal, 1 x Best Friend Chair and 2x Silver Needles. The Best Friend Medal and Chair will differ depending on who you decide to call near the end of Chapter five. Upon my first play through I chose to call Cygnus and got rewarded Cygnus' Best friend medal, but did not get the Cygnus' Best Friend Chair. On the 2nd play through I chose to call Neinheart, however I got rewarded with another Cygnus' Best Friend medal upon completing Chapter 5 of Friend Story again.

For completing chapter 6 of Friend Story you are supposed to be rewarded with 2x Silver needles, and Irena's Rock Chair. Upon completing Chapter 6 I was only rewarded with the two silver needles.

Additional Details
When I clicked on the Dimensional Mirror and clicked on Friend Story I saw in the rewards detail that Irena's Rock Chair and Francis' Best Friend Chair were possible rewards you get for completing this content.

In Maple Guide's Special Content section when I highlighted Friend Story it again showed Francis' Best Friend chair as a possible reward that you could get for completing this content.

In Reddit, the redditor Khorpion made a thread discussing about how he completed the achievement related to Friend Story. He showcased his medals and chairs in his thread. This thread was posted about a year ago, and unless there was a patch noted I missed stating that the Friend Story rewards were removed, it leads me to believe this is a bug.

Steps to reproduce:
For Best Friend Medals and Chairs.
1During Chapter 5 of Friend Story when you are prompted to call your friend for the last time.
2Call anyone aside Cygnus.
3Complete Ch 5
4 Accept and complete the Quest from the NPC Lily afterwards to receive your rewards.
For Irena's Rock Chair
1Complete Ch 6
2Accept and complete the Quest from the NPC Lily afterwards to receive your rewards.

Character name: Rhyuein

Character level: 216

Character job: Kain

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident:
July 26, 2021 ~5:10ish PM PST

Edit 1 reason:Some Spelling errors.

Edit 2 reason: Updated to be more detailed.

Edit 3 reason: Realized this wasn't a bug, and friend story got changed so that you have to buy the remaining medals and chairs via the npc Hugh Head in front of the Old Building Dungeon.