[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.232 Blooming Forest Patch Notes here!
OFFICIAL RULES: Design-A-Chair
NEXON AMERICA INC.
MAPLESTORY “DESIGN-A-CHAIR” CONTEST (NOVEMBER 2016)
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN.
- Sponsor: The MapleStory “Design-A-Chair” Contest (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by Nexon America Inc., 222 N. Sepulveda Blvd., Suite 200, El Segundo, CA 90245 (“Sponsor”).
- Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to current registered users of nexon.net (registration is free)
and players of MapleStory (“Game”) (playing MapleStory is also free) who: (a) are at least thirteen (13) years of age as of the start of the Promotion Period (defined below); and (b) have never been banned or suspended, or had an account banned or suspended, for hacking or similar violations of any of Sponsor’s license agreements or Sponsor’s terms of service. Entrants under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence must have their parent or legal guardian’s permission to participate in the Promotion, and must provide evidence of such permission reasonably satisfactory to Sponsor upon Sponsor’s request. Failure to do so will result in that entrant being ineligible to win a prize in the Promotion. Employees, officers and directors of Nexon America Inc., its affiliated companies, agents thereof, the immediate family of any such person (defined as parents, children, siblings and husband or wife), or those with whom such person(s) are domiciled, are not eligible to participate. The Promotion is void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Promotion constitutes the participant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Timing: The Promotion begins at the time the Promotion is announced on the Sponsor’s forum thread dedicated to the Promotion (the “Thread”) and ends on December 30, 2016 at 11:59:59 pm Pacific Time (the “Promotion Period”). Submissions that are submitted before or after the Promotion Period will be disqualified. Sponsor’s computer will be the official timekeeping device for this Promotion. Entrants are responsible for calculating the difference in time zones.
- How to Participate: To participate in the Promotion, entrants must create an original item appropriate for the MapleStory Universe. Once created, an image of the item must be uploaded to an image hosting site (such as Imgur) and contestants must include a link to the image in their entry submission.
- Submission Requirements: All submissions provided to Sponsor as part of the Promotion must comply with the following Content Guidelines. Any artwork that violates these guidelines will not be eligible to be judged or awarded a prize:
Content Guidelines - the artwork must:
- Be appropriate for the MapleStory Universe;
- Be uploaded to the Thread;
- Not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright or trademark infringement;
- Not in any way disparage Sponsor, any of its products or services, the Promotion, or any person or party affiliated with the Promotion, or alternatively appear to promote any direct competitor of Sponsor;
- Not contain text or imagery that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion);
- Not include threats (expressed or implied) to any person, place, business, or group;
- Not violate the privacy rights or any other rights of any person, business, or group;
- Not name or depict any real life third party without his/her permission;
- Not contain text or imagery that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- Not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the artwork is created.
Limit one (1) submission per person or forum account. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, illegible or misdirected artwork, which will be disqualified/not counted (as applicable), or for any error, whether human, technical or otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion, such as using automated submission or image generation software, or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of Nexon.net ID account that is used to register for the Forum will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the e-mail address that registered for the Steam ID.
- Intellectual Property: By submitting artwork as part of this Promotion, each entrant acknowledges and agrees to the following:
- Entrant irrevocably grants to the Sponsor, its agents, licensees, and assigns the unconditional and perpetual (non-exclusive) right and permission to copyright, reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use the artwork or any part thereof as-is or edited (with or without using any entrant’s name) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from any entrant or any other party.
- Entrant forever waives any rights of copyrights, trademark rights, privacy rights, and any other legal or moral rights that may preclude the Sponsor’s use of the artwork, or require any entrant’s permission for the Sponsor to use the artwork.
- Entrant agrees not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against the Sponsor on the grounds that use of the artwork, or any derivative works thereof, infringes any rights that any entrant or third party may have as creator (or co-creator) of the artwork including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights, and moral rights.
- Entrant irrevocably grants to Sponsor, its agents, licensees, and assigns an unconditional, worldwide, royalty-free and perpetual (non-exclusive) right and permission to use the entrant’s name, image, voice, and other likenesses that are included in the artwork or which are shared with Sponsor as part of entrant’s participation in the Promotion, in any media now known or later invented for any commercial purpose, including without limitation advertising or marketing of Sponsor’s products and services, without further compensation or the right to approve such uses.