[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Will a MapleStory Player Council Ever Return?

ClawStaffClawStaff
Reactions: 2,950
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2019 in General Chat
I feel like (when he was still a part of the MapleStory community) Artasi organizing a group of people extremely skilled in each class to represent the class as a whole on the forums was a very good idea. I know people abused the trust given to them as part of the council in regards to leaking proposed changes without given express permission to do so unfortunately last time.

I wish something like this still existed though, as we keep getting changes to classes that many of us do not agree with. We need someone that will be asked first for their input and suggestions about the classes (that will actually be listened to) not just automatically do whatever KMS does (or for example the Jett changes always seem to do something wrong). Why can't we bring this back but just don't share information before it's ready to be revealed this time?

I put this post in general because while this may sound like a suggestion it's more of me just wishing something like this still existed. I tried to see if I could bring something like this back once myself before but I didn't find enough people interested in it (since it wasn't an official thing).

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2019
    Considering the last one died because certain people under NDA couldn't keep their mouths shut...
  • TwilightHimeTwilightHime
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited December 2019
    So what happened to the ones that breached the NDA? Did they get sued?
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2019
    I know Aggra lol, I mentioned that in my post, but like I wish they could make another one and not give them anything to leak in the first place, why give them info they need to agree to an NDA about in the first place? Maplers don't exactly have the best track record in terms of keeping things secret, which I assume is why the one time they brought back the Tespia there was absolutely nothing of importance in it, it was just a pretty standard event.

Weird though a lot of the supposed breach of NDA from the Maple Player Council was content KMS or KMST (but KMST isn't secretive, anyone can find out what's going on in KMST before it goes live on KMS) already had, so they weren't exactly exposing something we didn't see coming.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited December 2019
    No. No such council will return

Upset the established order, and everything becomes.....CHAOS!! I'm an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know a thing about chaos??
    It's fair
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2019
    Eh what? Is that a reference to something?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited December 2019
    ClawStaff wrote: »
    Eh what? Is that a reference to something?

It's best not to ask
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited December 2019
    As a former member of the MLC, I can safely say I hope it doesn't come back. While Artasi did his best to keep the MLC relevant, we were always on the back burner. Once we even took the fall for a decision we had no part in. Because of our NDA, we were unable to be transparent with the other players, leading to their distrust and in some cases flat out hatred of the council. Ultimately we weren't able to make much if any impact on the game.

If the MLC were to ever come back, it'd need to have more sway and more transparency than last time. A smaller group of people would also be more beneficial, as half the full council were inactive. It's also easier to keep things that shouldn't get out from getting out to the public. The MLC ultimately should've been the voice of the players, taking their suggestions and formulating them into cohesive thoughts to submit to Nexon.

Even though there's a part of me that would love another chance at the mlc, I know that Nexon just doesn't have the capabilities to utilize it properly.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited December 2019
    As a former member of the MLC, I can safely say I hope it doesn't come back. While Artasi did his best to keep the MLC relevant, we were always on the back burner. Once we even took the fall for a decision we had no part in. Because of our NDA, we were unable to be transparent with the other players, leading to their distrust and in some cases flat out hatred of the council. Ultimately we weren't able to make much if any impact on the game.

If the MLC were to ever come back, it'd need to have more sway and more transparency than last time. A smaller group of people would also be more beneficial, as half the full council were inactive. It's also easier to keep things that shouldn't get out from getting out to the public. The MLC ultimately should've been the voice of the players, taking their suggestions and formulating them into cohesive thoughts to submit to Nexon.

Even though there's a part of me that would love another chance at the mlc, I know that Nexon just doesn't have the capabilities to utilize it properly.

I think the only thing you guys ever actually accomplished was staving off the rnj exp nerf for a bit longer.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2019
    If the player council isn't given any info other players don't have, then they're not going to be able to make any better or more relevant suggestions than the rest of the community.

Players make suggestions and offer feedback all the time. On these forums, on reddit, and even on Discord. The Community Team (CM and VFMs) collects these suggestions and feedback, and forwards them to the decision-makers at Nexon. Artasi had thought that a more formal arrangement, of a council with thoroughly discussed resolutions officially presented to Nexon, would work better. In reality, it didn't seem the decision-makers treated the MLC resolutions more seriously than they treat random suggestion threads we forward them. It was, sadly, a waste of everyone's time.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2019
    Oh they weren't taking their opinions into any more consideration than other players? That's unfortunate, if they actually did listen to them having something like that would be great, the people that were chosen were picked for their experience in their class, so they knew the ins and outs of the class the best. I wish we had some form of that whether a group is formed like that or simply a format for skill suggestions was implemented, that if followed provided the devs needed information more efficiently which would be actually looked at (rather than simply saying class weak make strong which doesn't really help narrow down the issues with the class).

The suggestion section of these forums sometimes seems pointless if only occasionally will our opinions ever actually be even considered or seen (never mind actually implemented). I know the moderators of the forum can't change anything about that, but I wish Nexon would. Why give us a suggestion and feedback section on the forums if our posts there are generally ignored, or rather than a direct response months or even years later a note is posted on the main website.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited December 2019
    ClawStaff wrote: »
    The suggestion section of these forums sometimes seems pointless if only occasionally will our opinions ever actually be even considered or seen (never mind actually implemented). I know the moderators of the forum can't change anything about that, but I wish Nexon would. Why give us a suggestion and feedback section on the forums if our posts there are generally ignored, or rather than a direct response months or even years later a note is posted on the main website.

To be fair, a lot of suggestions posted are dumb as hell.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2019
    I think that's unfortunately mostly because people kinda gave up on them. I'm not sure if people actually feel that way but I could see them feeling like why continue to put so much effort and details into a suggestion if it's just gonna get ignored? There's always dumb ideas for everything in existence, you shouldn't (I don't mean literally you I'm speaking in general) ignore them all because bad ones exist though.

There's still some ideas that get quite a few other forum members to agree are a good idea but many times they don't get the attention they deserve from Nexon while people still hold out hoping it will happen.