[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Reboot] Final thoughts after hitting 200.

NhigaradeNhigarade
Reactions: 300
edited December 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Kanna
I still dislike how this game forces players to play this class.
I mean sure; you can do Ursus 3x every day for 80-100mil; on top of daily boss runs like Root Abyss for 12mil. But after that it's like; oh might as well meso farm on the Kanna...

I would like to suggest a few more ways of giving players a way to progress without farming on a Kanna.

Cube drop change and amount on bosses
First it would be cool to see a change to amount of meso's players can get when they group together for bosses (or carrying other players)
Second, the entire reason players DO make meso's in the first place.. is for cubes and trying to get awesome potentials so they can kill monsters (level 160+ is where this gets rough for fresh toons).

Another Kanna issue at level 200+
Nodestone farming...
Oh and every event seems to favor having a Kanna.. (Glory coin farming too).

Please just remove Kishin, and double up on monster spawn rate in general? I don't know who's great idea was to add totems that cost.. 2000 maple points...

Boss issues
I like the boss design of Hilla; it literally announces when she does damage reflect.
Arkanium does not do this..
Gollux potential scrolls do not reset in the shop... No one wants to do Yu Garden for a 50% scroll...

How I've been playing Maplestory; not sure if this is how anyone else plays
Ursus daily, Root Abyss, Gollux here and there.. grind a couple levels then log off. Sometimes I hop on my Kanna lol

Comments

• darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited December 2019
    I agree in some aspects , but bossing wise, well its a boss, the player is required to learn the mechanics if not, it wouldnt be challenging at all dont you think?
  • WhorificWhorific
    Reactions: 1,865
    edited December 2019
    darik wrote: »
    I agree in some aspects , but bossing wise, well its a boss, the player is required to learn the mechanics if not, it wouldnt be challenging at all dont you think?

I think part of the problem is that player skill effects are so extravagant that you're essentially forced to play with skill transparency to even be able to see the boss's animations and warnings at all. It would be nice if boss attacks were always layered on top so you could see what they're doing without messing with options and have more time to react.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited December 2019
    Whorific wrote: »

I think part of the problem is that player skill effects are so extravagant that you're essentially forced to play with skill transparency to even be able to see the boss's animations and warnings at all. It would be nice if boss attacks were always layered on top so you could see what they're doing without messing with options and have more time to react.

Not really , theres a kms player that mains bw and managed to kill black mage without any transparency at all
  • WhorificWhorific
    Reactions: 1,865
    edited December 2019
    Not really , theres a kms player that mains bw and managed to kill black mage without any transparency at all

There are much flashier characters than Blaze Wizard and bosses with much more subtle animations than the Black Mage. For example, when I do CRA on my Slayer, there are times where I can't see Von Bon at all for 20 seconds at a time. He's completely hidden behind two giant summons, two passive attacks and one active attack, not to mention all the damage lines that come with it.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2019
    Whorific wrote: »

Regardless, it would be a good quality of life change. As would other skills having their transparency adjusted to be visible even without the slider turned up.
    Screen clutter is a big problem in MapleStory, just because one person or people can deal with it, doesn't mean we all can. This is why the sliders exist.
    For the people who choose transparency, they should be able to see important skills just like those who don't.
    For those who choose opaque, they should be able to see the boss animations just like those who don't.