[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon. Maplestory. Launcher Issue. I've had it!!

ota9x55ruri2pponota9x55ruri2ppon
Reactions: 1,580
edited December 2019 in General Chat
This is no rant. I keep getting shut out from launching the game.
Nexon launcher -> Play -> Screen opens -> See World/ Character selection -> Screen closes itself
This repeated 5 times straight! OMG, do you still want people to play your game, Nexon???
I've had it! Enough!! This happens almost EVERY single time I want to play.
Results from Google and Forum tell me Nexon has a very unstable system running programs,
seriously ridiculous and hilarious if this is the attitude to want keeping players from leaving.
I have been playing Maplestory since 2006, systematic stability has never been so terrible and horrifying,
mind you my computer has been upgraded to what it is now, and there is NO WAY my desktop specs are too slow...
I can run Monster Hunter World from Steam without ANY kind of crash on this desktop, Maplestory is NOwhere as complex or spec-demanding than mhw.

Nexon, better fix your launcher issue,
especially for the duration of Tera Burning event, when many of your players return to play,
even an old player like me is getting on the edge for the lack of your thoughtfulness on fixing this unreasonable, repeating crash!
Seriously annoying! Having these issues one after another, as if Maplestory does NOT want people to play anymore. Wow.

Update. Finally got into the game at the 9th try at launching the game, finally no crash, had to pray like the end of the world. just wow.
darik

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2020
    Not to talk down your issues, but the launching issues are a hit-or-miss sort of issue. It's not a problem across the board for everyone without exception. This type of thing makes nailing down the root cause of the issue moderately difficult, which is helped even less by the amount of bug reports that are a single line of "my game crashes when I click play, fix it"
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited January 2020
    This is no rant. I keep getting shut out from launching the game.
    Nexon launcher -> Play -> Screen opens -> See World/ Character selection -> Screen closes itself
    This repeated 5 times straight! OMG, do you still want people to play your game, Nexon???
    I've had it! Enough!! This happens almost EVERY single time I want to play.
    Results from Google and Forum tell me Nexon has a very unstable system running programs,
    seriously ridiculous and hilarious if this is the attitude to want keeping players from leaving.
    I have been playing Maplestory since 2006, systematic stability has never been so terrible and horrifying,
    mind you my computer has been upgraded to what it is now, and there is NO WAY my desktop specs are too slow...
    I can run Monster Hunter World from Steam without ANY kind of crash on this desktop, Maplestory is NOwhere as complex or spec-demanding than mhw.

Nexon, better fix your launcher issue,
    especially for the duration of Tera Burning event, when many of your players return to play,
    even an old player like me is getting on the edge for the lack of your thoughtfulness on fixing this unreasonable, repeating crash!
    Seriously annoying! Having these issues one after another, as if Maplestory does NOT want people to play anymore. Wow.

Update. Finally got into the game at the 9th try at launching the game, finally no crash, had to pray like the end of the world. just wow.

Only barbaric cavemen use Nexon Launcher. Allow me to introduce you to what modern, civilized people use to launch the game: STEAM.
    Go nuts
    WONDERGUY
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    Penguinz0 wrote: »
    Only barbaric cavemen use Nexon Launcher. Allow me to introduce you to what modern, civilized people use to launch the game: STEAM.
    Go nuts

Which has just as many issues for just as many people and sometimes the nexon launcher version works better.
    It's the game, not the launchers.
  • KuronekonovaKuronekonova
    Reactions: 795
    edited January 2020

Go nuts

some people are region blocked from steam
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited January 2020
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Go nuts

Which has just as many issues for just as many people and sometimes the nexon launcher version works better.

yes those are not launcher issues such as game crash after world screen

steam its better and faster and used in milion games around just fine
    never seen issue with frozen strat option, bunch of steam tabs like nexon launcher dose or corrupted download/update info
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited January 2020
    Go nuts

The thing about steam is that it doesn't get jacked up when it updates a major patch that leads to needing to reinstalling the game itself, like nexon launcher does.
    WONDERGUY
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    Go nuts

The thing about steam is that it doesn't get jacked up when it updates a major patch that leads to needing to reinstalling the game itself, like nexon launcher does.

I can speak from personal experience that it does. Sorry, steam is great and all, but MapleStory has issues on both platforms.
    Nexon Launcher works better for some people (Like myself) and steam version works better for others (Like my friends).
    Both have issues constantly which is why I keep both versions installed and up to date, so that I don't have to wait for a reinstall before I can play again.