[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Lower/ remove the cooldown of BaM's sweeping staff

AangdrewAangdrew
Reactions: 100
The cooldown was added to sweeping staff 5 years ago because it was obviously too OP 5 but now that 5th job has been added, battlemages kit is kind of outdated. Now that every class can blow up a map easily, the cooldown of sweeping staff is kind of unnecessary. This would help a lot with mobbing while 5th job skills are on CD and would also allow BaM's to train in more maps. Reducing the damage would also be an acceptable tradeoff.

Comments

• AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Reactions: 2,485
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    No cooldown on sweeping staff would be nice, but I don't think BaM really needs it anymore. Their mobility makes up for their short range during 5th job's cooldown. Altars also have a fairly decent uptime.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited June 2020
    You realize that BaMs can "blow up a map easily"... Right? When mobbing, we already have altars, harvest, and aura scythe. Just those three are able to take BaMs to large maps. No cd sweeping staff is just not needed anymore. What BaM needs is damage, specifically a burst, we're absolutely not hurting for mobbing options anymore. Instead of focusing on the past, I'd rather they focus on how to improve BaM as a class. Unfortunately this suggestion isn't how to do so.
  • BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited June 2020
    AaronHusky wrote: »
    No cooldown on sweeping staff would be nice, but I don't think BaM really needs it anymore. Their mobility makes up for their short range during 5th job's cooldown. Altars also have a fairly decent uptime.

It would be nice, since Aran have Beyond Blade part of their basic combo. FB into Staff would be fine.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited June 2020
    I would like to see the cooldown removed too. I find the attack ranges for the class to be small combined with its low mobility. Sweeping staff will give it better mobbing
  • AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    Beef wrote: »

It would be nice, since Aran have Beyond Blade part of their basic combo. FB into Staff would be fine.

To my knowledge, the range on beyond blade is much shorter than sweeping staff. Plus Aran only has Maha's domain for a summon, which has a much lower uptime than BaM's summons. Again, it'd be nice, but it's not really needed anymore. Aran needs beyond blade to have no CD. BaM doesn't need sweeping staff to have no CD.

• BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited June 2020
    AaronHusky wrote: »
    Beef wrote: »

To my knowledge, the range on beyond blade is much shorter than sweeping staff. Plus Aran only has Maha's domain for a summon, which has a much lower uptime than BaM's summons. Again, it'd be nice, but it's not really needed anymore. Aran needs beyond blade to have no CD. BaM doesn't need sweeping staff to have no CD.

any bit helps out for bossing dmg. I know altar is strong setups but BaM doesnt really have a kit for dpming beside telecast.
  • AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    They have condemnation and their other 5th skills too. the only thing BaM really needs is burst.