[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Bug that I Wish Someone Would Fix

BlasterMasterBlasterMaster
Reactions: 1,395
edited May 2020 in Bug Reporting
I have brought this up a lot, and nobody seems willing to put effort into fixing it. In many boss fights (including Pierre, Von Bon, and Palpatus) there is a bug that makes you unable to respawn (regardless of the number of lives you have left). Players often tell me this is a "very rare" bug that occurs if you jump while healing, but it happens almost once a week, and this is NOT my fault!

I'm sick of wasting a daily attempt and losing XP on these bosses. WHY won't anyone even TRY to fix it?

Seriously.
WONDERGUY

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited June 2020
    Guild revamp broke the workaround
    Here a workaround.
    Use the guild skill "On My Way" or "I Summon Thee" to unstuck yourself. ("Rise , Minions!" will also work but it get put on cooldown and uses your IGP)
    This method was used in the past when Empress Cygnus put you into death lock when she transformed you while you were in a middle of a buffing animation.

WONDERGUY
  • BlasterMasterBlasterMaster
    edited May 2020
    Well, thanks, I guess.
    WONDERGUY
    edited June 2020
    Didn't work. Still bugged. Still angry I'm wasting daily attempts without the dev team even caring enough to reply.

WHY won't anyone even TRY to fix it?
  • RexaarRexaar
    edited June 2020
    Just in case since this bug only affect you and no one else on a regular basis, check task manager under the performance tab and check what does the up time say.
    If it say more than 24 days,
    Restart your computer if using window 7.
    If using window 8/10, perform a full shutdown by holding shift when selecting the shutdown option in the window start menu.

(Maple Story get glitchy if the up time counter is more than 24 days.)
    edited June 2020
    Doesn't matter how many times I shut the computer down, this happens, on average, twice a week.
  • RexaarRexaar
    edited June 2020
    On window 8/10, even if you shut it down 100 times in 2 minutes, normal shutdown does not reset the up time counter, only a full shutdown reset the up time counter.
    edited June 2020
    Okay, even though I've turned my computer off about a hundred times since I first reported this bug a few months ago, guess I'll humor you.

I have Windows 10. Pretty sure the problem isn't on my end.

"Full shutdown"??? WTF is that??

I'm not some computer geek who is familiar with all that stuff. Why can't Nexon simply fix this bug??
  • RexaarRexaar
    edited June 2020
    Do check if the up time say more than 24 days and say if it is2pVSj8U.png

A game breaking bug that only you experience and no one else for many months usually indicate a problem on your end.

If the dev (or a normal player) cannot recreate the bug, they won't know what is the problem and what need to be fixed.

A video might at least find out the events leading up to the bug. The bug might be because you are doing something specific that no other players do, an unfortunate lag causing packet loss, Maplestory conflicting with something else in the computer.

The somewhat bad case scenario is some program/update/network error on your computer is eating up the "you are no longer in a middle of an action and are free to move and around and use skill" packet. A clean re-install of MapleStory or window 10 might be a possible fix.

The extremely worst case scenario is it might be an ISP issue eating up the "you are no longer in a middle of an action and are free to move and around and use skill" packet. There is no solution for this scenario.

edited June 2020
    Well, the Up Time on mine is 5:02:15:40 (as of now) I don't think it's anywhere near 24 days.