[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Reboot EBoss rewards for mid to end game players

eugenefireeugenefire
Reactions: 1,030
edited July 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Aren't they a little lackluster? The exp gained from killing one is far less than 30 seconds of grinding. The chests drop nothing that a mid-game player would want other than stuff to gear legion mules. The bonus stage rewards are laughable. The large exp bubbles gives less than 1% of a single regular mob kill and the large meso bubbles give about as much as 2 mobs. The small exp and meso bubbles aren't even worth talking about. We have 0 need for epic pensalir gear other than to npc or extract. The rewards are so poor that if you're not training in a popular map, it's actually better to change channels than to stay and kill the eboss.

Events like elite mobs and elite bosses should be something players look forward to, rather than annoyances.
  1. What rewards should EBosses give?4 votes
    1. nodes? :3
       0% (0 votes)
    2. Symbols?? owo
       0% (0 votes)
    3. DROPLETS??? OWO
       0% (0 votes)
    4. I just want more exp/meso ;-;
       100% (4 votes)
    5. I'm a grump, none of the above =3=
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020
    Elite mobs aren't annoyances because they die so quick anyway. Bosses aren't that bad because they're dead quick as well.
    Remember that the boss itself drops the boxes. These boxes can give Powerful/Eternal rebirth flames and epic potential scrolls.
    These items make it worth the time it takes to kill the boss imo, maybe the chance of occult cubes should be reduced though.

The bonus stage is the only annoying part imo because as you say, the rewards are useless.
    Increasing the exp/meso from orbs, adding elixir/power elixir to potion bubbles wouldn't break anything.
    However if you add nodes/symbols/droplets to the bonus stage, you're going to quickly eliminate any rarity these items hold.
  • eugenefireeugenefire
    Reactions: 1,030
    edited July 2020
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Elite mobs aren't annoyances because they die so quick anyway. Bosses aren't that bad because they're dead quick as well.
    Remember that the boss itself drops the boxes. These boxes can give Powerful/Eternal rebirth flames and epic potential scrolls.
    These items make it worth the time it takes to kill the boss imo, maybe the chance of occult cubes should be reduced though.

The chance of flames is so low that it's still better just to cc and meso farm. No mid-game player in reboot needs epot scrolls except to gear mules.

It's still a full minute of wasted time. Of course symbols and droplets would be insane, but nodes aren't that rare. And I meant adding those rewards to the box.

Regardless of how good the current rewards are, it's telling that people just ditch maps when elites spawn. Like I said, these should be something to look forward to rather than avoid.
    Fuhreak
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020
    eugenefire wrote: »
    Fuhreak wrote: »

The chance of flames is so low that it's still better just to cc and meso farm. No mid-game player in reboot needs epot scrolls except to gear mules.

It's still a full minute of wasted time. Of course symbols and droplets would be insane, but nodes aren't that rare. And I meant adding those rewards to the box.

Regardless of how good the current rewards are, it's telling that people just ditch maps when elites spawn. Like I said, these should be something to look forward to rather than avoid.

The boss itself gives a decent amount of EXP, assuming you burst it down quickly, you earn more EXP by just killing the boss than you would by changing channels.
    Elite Bosses themselves are worth 160 normal mobs in arcane river according to the strategy wiki.
    They also spawn in two elite mobs which are also worth a decent amount. From 17.5x to 35x depending on sword color.
    That's anywhere from 195 to 230 mobs worth of EXP in under a minute, that's not a bad exchange for having to deal with it.

Once you deal with the eboss, you have 20 more emobs to go through before you have to worry about him again.
    I don' think it's as big of a deal as you try to make it. It's just the bonus stage that really sucks.