[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please change the Chu Chu NX set

KezrauxKezraux
Reactions: 1,095
edited June 2021 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Because the Chu Chu NX set has a permanent set effect buff, pretty much everyone who has it feels obligated to use it because otherwise, you are missing out on damage. If you have this set, you are now weaker if you are not wearing it. This is extremely annoying.

If there is a way, please remove the set effect from this NX set and give everyone who has this set a coupon for some other non-cosmetic cash equip (preferably a pendant or shoulder) which would be permanent and have the same stat from the Chu Chu set effect.

The existence of an NX equipment set with permanent stats severely devalues all other NX equips as well. You now have less players purchasing cosmetics because if they do and wear what they get, they will be losing damage.

Comments

• AcidtongueAcidtongue
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited June 2021
    The Chuchu set gets removed around August. Guessing depending on when you claim it. So it's not permanent and you can't extend the time on it.
    So 3 more months and the set is gone. I really only use that set when bossing or gpq as I can train without it. I get that in the future a non-cosmetic equip like a ring would be nice, it's not really needed here as the set does expire.
  • KezrauxKezraux
    edited June 2021
    Acidtongue wrote: »
    The Chuchu set gets removed around August. Guessing depending on when you claim it. So it's not permanent and you can't extend the time on it.
    So 3 more months and the set is gone. I really only use that set when bossing or gpq as I can train without it. I get that in the future a non-cosmetic equip like a ring would be nice, it's not really needed here as the set does expire.

No it does not. The limited time stats expire on the individual equips, not the set effect. The set effect of 15 all stats and 10 attack is permanent.
    Fuhreak
  • AcidtongueAcidtongue
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited June 2021
    The ITEMS expire. No more items, no more set effect.
  • KezrauxKezraux
    edited June 2021
    The items do not expire.

They have limited time bonus stats that cannot be extended like many event titles do. There is no indication of whether or not the set effect is temporary though, and there have never been temporary set effects either.
    Fuhreak
  • KezrauxKezraux
    edited June 2021
    Here it is right from the compensation post

"Chu Chu Island Set Coupon (x2): Contains a set of Chu Chu Island items. Box has a 7-day duration and is tradeable within your characters in the same world, resulting items are Permanent and are untradeable, and can be transferred to the Cash Inventory. Individual items award the following bonus stats for 180 days:"

The set effect is listed along with the individual bonuses but there have never been temporary sets before.

Looking for a VFM or actual employee to confirm all of the stats expire
    Fuhreak
  • VVnekoVVneko
    I have just returned to play in the reboot server, seems 180 days have passed. Is it permanent or not?