[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

A suggestion for Hair/Face Choice Coupons

JoTheWeirdoJoTheWeirdo
Reactions: 1,920
edited June 2021 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Heyo,

First of all, I live in a country where Royal Coupons are completely blocked so choice coupons are the only way for me and other players who have to deal with this to acces different hairstyles/faces.

I have a couple of problems with the current state of the Hair/Face Choice Coupons, mainly the lack of choice we actually do get.
Keep in mind that the old VIP/REG coupons were removed for these coupons because the Choice Coupons were all hairs/faces put together in a single coupon, sounds nice on paper but not in practice the way it has been executed.

This coupon only contains 10 hairstyles/faces for you to pick from (which changes about every 2~3 months?). I really don't like this "Better get it now when it's available because you may not see it again for another year" mindset, it's manipulative. I'm fine with Royal Coupons being like this because they're supposed to be "special" and they actually get swapped out every few week(s), but making hairstyles/faces that have ALWAYS been available to you at any point in the past like this but at a WAY slower rate is just limiting the players' character customization for no good reason. You may as well end up waiting months or years for the thing you want to show up and when you think about it that makes no sense...

Solution 1:
- Update choice coupons as much as Royal Coupons or more frequently

Solution 2:
- Add every non Royal hairstyle/face to their respective Choice Coupon so we can pick whatever we want whenever we want

I think either one of these two options will be a great change to these coupons and a much welcomed one as well.

Cheers~

Comments

• AcidtongueAcidtongue
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited June 2021
    With all the hair styles they definitely need to update the hairstyles more often esp since you cant go to certain towns like in the past. My problem isnt that royal is random its that there always seems to be 3 hairstyles that are the same just with tiny tweaks to them. I need some variety.