[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

My wishes for convincing gameplay 2020 and onward

GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
Reactions: 2,645
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2022 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello there,

I would like to talk about some things which greatly conviced me to play the game or some specific events during the years.

First of all, a thing I greatly liked for sure is not other than but the rewards from the old school period.

The rewards were including lots of level 100 and below equips of armors, accessories and weapons (few of these are available today from Phantom Forest coin shop, and others from Ninja Castle shop). These rewards are permanently tradeable.

These are including but not limited to:
Umbrellas
Snowboards
Surfboards
Tubes
Colorful Gloves
Colorful Bandanas
Common Capes
Common Hats
Various weapons
Christmas Weapons
Halloween Weapons
Thanksgiving Equipments
Frozen Tuna
Maple Flags
Valentine Roses
ITCG equips which are no longer available
And so much more...

One more thing people would be happy to have for sure are chairs, which at least can be moved within the world through storage, permanent.
I think people would like to have chances to earn chairs which restores HP and MP even faster, like 2,000 HP and MP every 10 seconds or more. And these chairs will be possible to be shared within the world through storage, similar to most cash items.

When I see rewards like these, it makes me more motivated to play, as I can feel the game benefits with great and useful rewards. Mechanical Hearts (Beautyroid) event is one example for events and its rewards I really like to see.

Updates like RED during 2014, V and Override (Beyond) during 2017 with these events are updates I really enjoyed to play and would wish to see more often (Adventure and Glory were good, but different about how rewards are provided).

Furthermore, it can be a very good idea to apply the feature to return directly to character selection screen using the recent selected world and channel instead of returning to the world selection screen.

Thank you for your listening!
Neocity_Traveler8
  1. Do you want to see these wishes come true?7 votes
    1. Yes! These are exactly what I was thinking about!
       43% (3 votes)
    2. Yes, and even more! (Please describe in comments).
       14% (1 vote)
    3. No, very bad idea, game is good right now!
       0% (0 votes)
    4. I don't believe these wishes will change something.
       29% (2 votes)
    5. I don't care.
       14% (1 vote)

Comments

• HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2020
    Not really sure what you're asking for. Those old rewards are not useful or desired anymore except for anvils and collectors, even back then a lot of them were useless to majority of classes.
    A lot of events now reward specific NX covers instead, and chairs like you said. I don't know if anyone uses chairs for HP/MP regen anymore, even the chairs that do offer higher amounts. Making all event-chairs tradeable within account is something I could get behind though.
    MapleHood is another event that gives really good and varied rewards.
    So I guess I'm not sure what you're saying we lack?

And the last part, regarding character select, we did have that for a while but it caused some serious instability so they reverted it after trying to fix it a couple times.
  • GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2020
    I believe that people like it, as I see many people going with these old equips or simply having anviled on their equips.

Regarding chairs, I think that chairs may benefit you and save you time and pots upon resting or recovering after hunting. I don't see why not. I like it and I feel happy for having these as it's benefiting by recovering even faster.

I'm aware that overseas regions got the return to character selection screen feature fully implemented. I feel sad that probably the server's structures, configurations or networks caused these instabilities... :(
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2020
    I assumed your suggestion had more to it or a different angle than that, but thanks for clarifying.

We've had events that rewarded old collector/anvil-type items before. Not that many people actually go for it unless the event is relatively easy (or have additional rewards), because these rewards are not as sought after as other items. A lot of them are still available through other means and there are anvils circulating. But also, weapon anvils are really restrictive and a couple new classes can't even equip weps outside of their own type. It wouldn't benefit nor "convince" a good chunk of the playerbase because they can't use them and it just clogs up inventory.
    Not saying anvils aren't fun and all, but they're not useful in the same sense that Wondroid and MapleHood is useful for example.

Personally, I think they could make a lot of old items into NX covers and put them into MapleHood boxes and other similar events/event shops, so that everyone can enjoy them without having to pay to anvil, or having the items clog inventory/market, or be restricted from using them at all.
    I think the direction they've taken with event/content rewards (NX covers instead of actual equip items) is a good one. In fact, I wish I could convert my old rewards, like the Pop Jelly Hat from Black Heaven or the Hero hats and Halloween mask etcetc, into NX covers.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    I see the game and it feels my wishes, espcially the suggestions about chairs is not there as my voice.
    More chairs with higher recovery/restoration rate like 2,000 hp/mp which can move between characters using storage and exclusive events to reward with these is something I wish to see on the way.
    For me it's quite missing when it's simply not available.

Thank you for listening!
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    I miss to great periods and events like 2017:
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/21660/
    JettLuvsU
  • BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited April 2020
    I would like old school rare to be available again. I play Reboot and would use these item as anvil to differentiate some my drop/meso gears
    GoldAdventurer
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2021
    As of today (November 2021) I have great misses and memories to the past years when old school fashtioned equips were available and obtainable - armors, accessories and weapons as well. I'm looking for these in Auction House from time to time...
    I would happy if even there was a box for old school equips, shop or crafting system which gives most of the old school equips that are not available anymore...
    It would be even great if a box like this was being prepared and added to the Reward Points Shop at the cash shop. I would happily buy these if it had some old school fashtioned equips which are unobtainable or rewarded anymore!
  • xMrMeowxMrMeow
    Reactions: 1,625
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2021
    Definitely agree.

Those event equips helped me a lot back in the old days of me playing on regular servers. I remember getting a big boost in damage and training way faster with the event tube in the early days of maple.

In context of today, we sort of see this with the Frozen set, given to every burning character, however it's basically a gimped version of stuff like the Override set. Burning isn't just good for the free level ups, but also for the free gear that helps a lot in gearing up new characters.

This matters especially on reboot where you can't just buy all your gear. You don't realize how much time it takes for a solo player to get some starting armor that isn't god awful until you train someone up without burning these days, hence why so many players just opt to only make new characters during burning events.

I bet if stuff like yearly anniversary item sets came back, then people would be a lot more willing to get into the game as they'd be able to try many different classes in the span of a single event and build up their legion in the process instead of just the usual 2 burnings per event (2 tera and 3 normal for non-reboot).

I started reboot during the override event and I've got like 15 or so characters geared up with the override set, so it's clear as day to me that it helped a lot in getting started on a new server.

The best part about that set in particular was you could also use it very early on and it scaled up as you got stronger up to lv 100, where the whole set is a good deal better than frozen set.
    GoldAdventurer
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2022
    Is my idea really bad worth of considering?
  • Neocity_Traveler8Neocity_Traveler8
    Reactions: 400
    edited July 2022
    Maybe bring back the TCG equips and give them very powerful stats. Or maybe another event with merchants from the real world. A nearby 711 was doing a promotion for Maplestory (years ago) and we could go onto the game and see a dude from 711 in the game! How about making some more trading cards?
    While I'm thinking about NLC they should make some more Nebulites too. I 100% agree that RED was a good update. Tho I dunno how they can repeat that kind of success without big time, sweeping changes.

My favorite part of Black heaven I think would probably be the airplane stages, more like these plz.
    Item collecting just for fun, do people still do that?
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2022
    Due to my curiosity about how things work in overseas services of maplestory (for example: Japan MapleStory) - I checked out some of the overseas services... Japan MapleStory is one of the services which still provide some of the old school fashioned equips. They also have some old school fashioned equips which were never seen in the Global MapleStory or Europe MapleStory ever!
    Surprisingly, I also found some few exclusive old fashioned equips in Europe MapleStory, which is today - Luna world in Europe regions which can be found in Japan MapleStory but never intorduced by the Global - American MapleStory.
    These items are including, but not limited to:
    Red Shower (lv 90, two handed sword, attack speed: fast)
    Green Shades (lv 10, eye accessory)
    Seraphim Bow (lv 10)
    Seraphim Claw (lv 10)
    Seraphim Crossbow (lv 10)
    Seraphim Dagger (lv 10)
    Seraphim Gun (lv 10)
    Seraphim Knuckler (lv 10)
    Seraphim One-handed Axe (lv 10)
    Seraphim One-handed Blunt Weapon (lv 10)
    Seraphim One-handed Sword (lv 10)
    Seraphim Pole Arm (lv 10)
    Seraphim Spear (lv 10)
    Seraphim Staff (lv 10)
    Seraphim Two-handed Axe (lv 10)
    Seraphim Two-handed Blunt Weapon (lv 10)
    Seraphim Two-handed Sword (lv 10)
    Seraphim Wand (lv 10)
    Flamekeepr Glove (lvl 115, gloves - a very rare equip which was obtaineable from Europe MapleStory's Capsule Toy/Gachapon for a limited time)

* In Japan MapleStory, the old school fashioned Seraphim weapons are tradeable and permanent as it was used to be in the Europe service for many years.
    Today, players in Luna world who owns these old fashion Seraphim weapons (like me) - these weapons are untradeable, but permanent (although an indicator of time limited icon apperas for each of them).