[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Cutscenes videos

BocchanBocchan
Reactions: 500
edited December 2016 in Tech Support
Hello, I'm missing all the cutscenes videos in maplestory folder > appdata and that is causing me to get stuck whenever there is a cutscene. I need the videos but i don't know where to get them.

Thanks

Comments

• DalethDaleth
    Reactions: 1,855
    edited December 2016
    Bocchan
    Bocchan said:

Hello, I'm missing all the cutscenes videos in maplestory folder > appdata and that is causing me to get stuck whenever there is a cutscene. I need the videos but i don't know where to get them.

Thanks
    You're going to have to re-download maple - I think I remember that you can stream them now or something but I just kept the files. They recently drastically reduced the DL size so maybe they took them out completely and replaced them with streamed data? Either way re-installing maplestory is a good bed to try to fix the majority of issues.

If you can verify the game cache try that too.

• BocchanBocchan
    edited December 2016
    I play maple through the game launcher, not the stream version. Shoul i re-install it anyways? It doesn't guarantee me that is gonna work and I didn't understand the game cache thing
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2016
    Cutscenes are stored on YouTube now to reduce client size. They are no longer present in the game files.

Some players have reported that they are getting stuck in cutscenes, however this problem appears to be entirely computer-dependent and not everyone is experiencing this.

I have asked for computer information from another player experiencing this here. Try seeing if you can update your graphics card drivers.
  • BocchanBocchan
    edited December 2016
    I went to that thread and I followed the instructions to update my drivers and says that they are updated.

I solved the problem. I changed the maple resolution to 800x600 in windowed mode and I was able to see the cutscene without crashing.

Thanks anyways.