[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Didn't get perm succubus roid compensation

AznboiEAznboiE
Reactions: 3,445
edited March 2017 in Bug Reporting
I used a (supposedly) permanent succubus roid coupon that gave me a 90 day succubus android a few days ago I got from a philosopher book that I got on a different character but I didn't know it was supposed to be permanent to report it as a bug. However, I guess Nexon doesn't track all the people who had a 90 day succubus android unless the person used the coupon on the same character they got it from or have reported it.

Here's a pic of my character with the 90 day android a few seconds after I logged in and without a side-notifier to claim a permanent version of the android:
0KUXOSF.png

Character: YoRHa9TypeS
Class:Mihile
World:Bera

Comments

• RenniRenni
    Reactions: 3,085
    edited March 2017
    I didn't get one either. Did you check your other character who opened the Philo Book? I feel like they might have implemented the same compensation method as last time: to characters who got the coupon from the Philo Books, not to characters who actually opened the coupon.
  • pommepouffepommepouffe
    Reactions: 1,660
    edited March 2017
    Renni wrote: »
    I didn't get one either. Did you check your other character who opened the Philo Book? I feel like they might have implemented the same compensation method as last time: to characters who got the coupon from the Philo Books, not to characters who actually opened the coupon.

I didn't receive any compensation despite receiving a coupon directly from the books.

What seems to have happened last time was they only distributed the rewards out to those who reported it (via tickets or whatever). I don't think they know how/can be bothered to do a systematic check to give out the appropriate compensation to the right people, and rely on player reports instead.
    Even then it wasn't perfect. My friend's ticket about the issue from last time was a back and forth exchange for a few months, and to this day, she still has not received the compensation for the missing androids.
    I received compensation only after going through tickets with multiple GMs for a month. That's why this time this happened again, I didn't bother and just ate the loss.

They need to remove the time-limited coupon from game data entirely (and while we're at it, all other time-limited ones too please, like Mesoranger Android Coupon). Since the perm and nonperm coupons for Succubus look exactly the same and have the same name, they seem to keep mixing up the Philosopher's Book prize pool to include the wrong one. Last time, they did update it after a weekly sc, and replaced the time-limited coupon with a permanent one in the prize pool. I guess they didn't double-check for this round.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited March 2017
    Hello

For this bug/issue I would encourage you guys to file a support ticket, it probably won't get a global fix "right now" since it's not affecting a large group of players. I assume strongly that in the future the non-perm coupons for the Succubus Android will be removed from the Philosopher's Books.

• RenniRenni
    edited March 2017
    I didn't receive any compensation despite receiving a coupon directly from the books.

What seems to have happened last time was they only distributed the rewards out to those who reported it (via tickets or whatever). I don't think they know how/can be bothered to do a systematic check to give out the appropriate compensation to the right people, and rely on player reports instead.
    Even then it wasn't perfect. My friend's ticket about the issue from last time was a back and forth exchange for a few months, and to this day, she still has not received the compensation for the missing androids.
    I received compensation only after going through tickets with multiple GMs for a month. That's why this time this happened again, I didn't bother and just ate the loss.

Hey, I had this happen to me last time too, and I submitted a ticket and went back and forth and never got compensation. I bought mine from the FM so they say they couldn't compensate me.

Invulgo wrote: »
    Hello

For this bug/issue I would encourage you guys to file a support ticket, it probably won't get a global fix "right now" since it's not affecting a large group of players. I assume strongly that in the future the non-perm coupons for the Succubus Android will be removed from the Philosopher's Books.

Here's what they had to say when I submitted a ticket for this instance:
    " The compensation were given to players who received the coupon from the Philosopher's Book. "
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    I still have a coupon, will I receive a permanent android when I open it or was I supposed to get one during this compensation? I guess what I'm asking is, are the coupons broken still or nah?
  • RenniRenni
    edited March 2017
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    I still have a coupon, will I receive a permanent android when I open it or was I supposed to get one during this compensation? I guess what I'm asking is, are the coupons broken still or nah?
    They didn't really specify that in the notes. So unless you get a reply for this, you should probably just open it and check for yourself. Then submit a ticket if it's not permanent, and hope you get compensated. :(
  • HHG1HHG1
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    They didn't really specify that in the notes. So unless you get a reply for this, you should probably just open it and check for yourself. Then submit a ticket if it's not permanent, and hope you get compensated. :(
    The thing is I'm trying to sell the coupon, but I don't wanna rip someone off with a bugged out temp version.

JettLuvsURenni
  • pommepouffepommepouffe
    Reactions: 1,660
    edited March 2017
    The thing is I'm trying to sell the coupon, but I don't wanna rip someone off with a bugged out temp version.

Your coupon is going to stay the same and give out the time-limited one. Nexon's idea of compensation is to just dish out an entirely new item to people who report it (again, still not 100%, their process for the reports and verifying you got it from the books is completely inconsistent).

I don't even know if anyone got the compensation this time. It feels the same as last time where they state they do it in the patch, but those affected don't actually receive the replacement until they go through the ticket process and get non-lazy customer support people to take care of the issue.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited March 2017
    Ahoy, everyone!

Please PM me your Nexon login name if you did not receive a permanent Succubus Roid.
    We will go through our list of players it was sent to and cross-check if you were missed.

Thank you,

Arwoooo~
    Nyara
  • HHG1HHG1
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    @Arwoo
    My question still stands, are the coupons fixed now? Will they be giving out permanent versions? I don't want the succubus roid for myself.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited March 2017
    @Arwoo
    My question still stands, are the coupons fixed now? Will they be giving out permanent versions? I don't want the succubus roid for myself.

Using a coupon obtained from a Philosopher's book will still net you a temporary Succubus Roid.
    If by chance you or someone you know does use the coupon, please follow the instructions in my earlier post.
    AlexF