[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Monster Familiar drop rate

my66gtomy66gto
Reactions: 700
edited June 2017 in General Chat
I am just wondering if your level difference has any effect on monster familiar card drop rates. I have been killing eye of times for 2 hours and nothing has dropped. is it just really bad drop rates on reboot or does it have something to do with level?

Comments

• GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited June 2017
    Your own level has nothing to do with it. Higher leveled monsters are just harder to get familiars from.
  • AK712AK712
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited June 2017
    Your difference from the level does matter, but the familiar level does as well. The closer to the level of the mob, the higher the drop rate, but since the drop rate of higher-leveled familiars is much lower, it sort of evens out eventually.

I've found that it usually takes between (Monster Level/3) and (Monster Level/5) minutes per familiar card with no drop rate add-ons. But that's on average; for me, some have dropped after a couple monsters and some have taken over an hour to get one. It's really all about the drop rate. I suggest going after familiars for monsters that are the only monster in the map (which Eye of Time is not); otherwise you have a chance of getting the wrong familiar instead of the one you want when you finally DO get a familiar.

In these cases, Big Spider is your best friend.
  • ManiaclManiacl
    Reactions: 420
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Not just that Eye of Time familiar by itself seems to have a lot lower chance of dropping then other familiars at it's level and above it's level so I think it's just the familiar by itself that is hard to get