[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

When do I fight this infamous Black Mage?

PaperSkinPaperSkin
Reactions: 440
edited July 2017 in General Chat
When do I get to slay the jabberwocky, when I reach the end level?

Comments

• AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Reactions: 2,205
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    You don't. You gotta beat his minions first. But they never die.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited July 2017
    Yep his minions are like Hydra so it's impossible to defeat it soloing.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited July 2017
    I WILL PERSONALLY REKT HIM WHEN THE TIME COMES
  • Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    edited July 2017
    yeah thats what what my zero class wants to do... and kaiser along with them xD but honestly they keep milking more Black Wing Commanders and New Classes where we will never fight him. plus this game needs alot of fixing and visual improvement.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited July 2017
    you don't get to fight him any time soon, maybe in 1~ 5 more years of content he might be a boss or it might be another blockbuster.
  • PaperSkinPaperSkin
    edited July 2017
    Ohhh :/ . Why dont they just add him and release like a new update that adds another boss or storyline to replace him if they dont want it to end?
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited July 2017
    PaperSkin wrote: »
    When do I get to slay the jabberwocky, when I reach the end level?

All we can say is...
    original.gif
    PaperSkinTraveler5577
  • PaperSkinPaperSkin
    edited July 2017
    Ok I get it so, right now all the training and quests Im doing is in preperation for the final face off against him and he'll eventualy be released in the last ever patch of MapleStory?
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    In before the black mage fight features multiple phases of defeating his minions for real this time.

Phase 1: magnus + hilla
    Phase 2: lotus + damien
    Phase 3: Von leon + lucid
    Phase 4: All at once
    Phase 5: black mage
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited July 2017
    Ohhh :/ . Why dont they just add him and release like a new update that adds another boss or storyline to replace him if they dont want it to end?

they are still building up to a battle with him, if you follow the storyline so far, he lies at the end of arcane river, and there's another 3 areas (including arcane) on top of the 3 areas we currently have access to in the Arcane river area and KMS is about to get the 2nd to last area.
  • PaperSkinPaperSkin
    edited July 2017
    Ok but before I joined they said these legendary heroes had to combine their powers to get rid of him, so how are we supposed to beat him?
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited July 2017
    Ok but before I joined they said these legendary heroes had to combine their powers to get rid of him, so how are we supposed to beat him?
    who knows, that's up to the story and dev team in korea to figure that out once we get to it.

I would assume the defeat would be done in a Blockbuster though.
  • XelthineXelthine
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited July 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    In before the black mage fight features multiple phases of defeating his minions for real this time.

Phase 1: magnus + hilla
    Phase 2: lotus + damien
    Phase 3: Von leon + lucid
    Phase 4: All at once
    Phase 5: black mage

Magnus, Lotus, Damien, Von Leon and Lucid are dead, but Hilla and Arkarium still lives, so does Guwaru, Orchid and Will. (I don't know what side Orchid is on at the moment.)
  • GlirotusGlirotus
    Reactions: 1,520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    >:)

Who knows maybe he will come once cap is raised to 300 and 250 is the 6th Job Advancement =D

There is a lot of potential for maps, characters, and patches yet so I bet we got another 5 - 10 years before we hear anything on the Black Mage.

I don't want to reach end game by beating end game boss. The Black Mage when beaten, will leave you beating it on another character when your current one reaches end-game so introducing now might be good but it will leave us all wanting more. Black Mage is meant to be THE Boss so after him there might not be any more which leaves Patches to be only Events and Bug Fixes.

You have to ask yourself "Do we really need the end-game boss now"??

>:)
  • PaperSkinPaperSkin
    edited July 2017
    Yes I really do want the patch now. My sole motivation is beating him.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Xelthine wrote: »
    Magnus, Lotus, Damien, Von Leon and Lucid are dead, but Hilla and Arkarium still lives, so does Guwaru, Orchid and Will. (I don't know what side Orchid is on at the moment.)

How is Magnus or Von Leon dead? they seem perfectly fine to me.
    Might be best to assume Orchid is unaffiliated, since she never even cared about ressurecting the Black Mage in the first place, and her "motivation" is dead, so...
    JettLuvsU
  • HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 2,060
    edited July 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »

they are still building up to a battle with him, if you follow the storyline so far, he lies at the end of arcane river, and there's another 3 areas (including arcane) on top of the 3 areas we currently have access to in the Arcane river area and KMS is about to get the 2nd to last area.

this reminds me of onepiece where they finally find the grandline with what like 6 islands which takes over 100 episodes.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited July 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »

this reminds me of onepiece where they finally find the grandline with what like 6 islands which takes over 100 episodes.

Pretty sure it take less than that man....it would be more finding Raftel.

Edit: In my opinion unless you kil Hard Lucid, any chance of killing the Black Mage is reduced to 0.
  • crimson24crimson24
    Reactions: 815
    edited July 2017
    black mage is best mage.
    JettLuvsU
  • OrblitOrblit
    Reactions: 970
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Unless you have 100m range clean.. you don't. Therefore ignore all newer bosses as usual.