[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

gotta be kidding right

DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
Reactions: 8,980
edited July 2017 in General Chat
New nexon launcher inteface prompts me to download the whole game again, out of everything they couldve changed they changed something that isnt even important.

Comments

• TorippiTorippi
    Reactions: 1,540
    edited July 2017
    I agree. And out of all the time to make an update, they have to do in during the event. I can't even log in to play now and re-downloading the game (and praying it won't requires re-re-download) is gonna take away all the free time I have that I could spend in-game..... What's worse is that with the old launcher, at least there was an option where you can TRY to get the launcher to locate your existed game folder. The new one doesn't even have that button now!!!
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    edited July 2017
    Torippi wrote: »
    I agree. And out of all the time to make an update, they have to do in during the event. I can't even log in to play now and re-downloading the game (and praying it won't requires re-re-download) is gonna take away all the free time I have that I could spend in-game..... What's worse is that with the old launcher, at least there was an option where you can TRY to get the launcher to locate your existed game folder. The new one doesn't even have that button now!!!

before you even press the button, I suggest saving a copy of the nexon folder onto another device or make a separate folder in case you cancel it. cause you may just need to log off nexon launcher then log back in. if that doesnt work then itll be that you have to update it. im saving a copy on a flash drive right now.

once you cancel the update, the nexon folder will be corrupted because changes were made and not completed.
    edited July 2017
    I believe all nexon games required an update after the new nexon launcher, my combat arms file also prompted an update. Im debating if theyre even worth updating right now.
  • TorippiTorippi
    edited July 2017

before you even press the button, I suggest saving a copy of the nexon folder onto another device or make a separate folder in case you cancel it. cause you may just need to log off nexon launcher then log back in. if that doesnt work then itll be that you have to update it. im saving a copy on a flash drive right now.

once you cancel the update, the nexon folder will be corrupted because changes were made and not completed.

I do have another copy of the game on another hard drive. But, being the risk taker that I am, I went ahead and just hit the download button and direct the download to the root folder of where the existing game folder is (without deleting said folder). Took a few minutes but it did verify the location and was able to scan all the files. So, I don't have to re-download the game. Thank goodness. But really, the "Download" button will throw everyone off.
    edited July 2017

I do have another copy of the game on another hard drive. But, being the risk taker that I am, I went ahead and just hit the download button and direct the download to the root folder of where the existing game folder is (without deleting said folder). Took a few minutes but it did verify the location and was able to scan all the files. So, I don't have to re-download the game. Thank goodness. But really, the "Download" button will throw everyone off.

Thats strange for me, it began to download 9.x gigs. Thanks for letting me know though, Ill try to transfer the file back into the location and see if it finds the file.
    technology really shows the human imperfection, it gets annoying.
  • TorippiTorippi
    edited July 2017
    Thats strange for me, it began to download 9.x gigs. Thanks for letting me know though, Ill try to transfer the file back into the location and see if it finds the file.
    You have to direct it to the folder where the maplestory folder is for it to scan correctly. For example:

My full game directory path: Computer > Local Disk (A:) > Nexon > maplestory > appdata/patchdata

For the game to scan my existing folder, I need to set the download directory (by selecting the path in the pop-up) to: Computer > Local Disk (A:) > Nexon
    because the launcher will automatically add the "maplestory" part to the end of the path to indicates it's the folder to be created (or verify).
    edited July 2017
    You have to direct it to the folder where the maplestory folder is for it to scan correctly. For example:

My full game directory path: Computer > Local Disk (A:) > Nexon > maplestory > appdata/patchdata

For the game to scan my existing folder, I need to set the download directory (by selecting the path in the pop-up) to: Computer > Local Disk (A:) > Nexon
    because the launcher will automatically add the "maplestory" part to the end of the path to indicates it's the folder to be created (or verify).

Yeah, Mine is set to G Nexon Maplestory App data

Ill see what happens after combat arms finishes

I dont get a pop up that asks if theres an existing file
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited July 2017
    at least they made that work so you dont redownload the game if you path it back to the game folder

but I didnt have this problem with First assault (maybe because it's pathed to the new default area for nexon games)
    edited July 2017
    My default settings didnt change for where the files would be located by the launcher. I would wager the system is just slow or dim witted because I manually updated combat arms, then maplestory is now auto updating or locating/verifying files. We'll see if it works as it should and not have to re-download anything.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2017
    My current annoyance with new Launcher...WHY DO YOU HAVE 6 SEPERATE INSTANCES TAKING UP MY DISK SPACE
    JettLuvsU
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited July 2017
    I just moved my maplestory files to the "new folder"
    edited July 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    My current annoyance with new Launcher...WHY DO YOU HAVE 6 SEPERATE INSTANCES TAKING UP MY DISK SPACE

Just checked and that happens to me too, theres more than 1 launcher in the task manager. takes up cpu usage