[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Merge low population worlds

ZolatoZolato
Reactions: 760
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I'm in Broa and there are zero people anywhere to be found. Nobody in PQ, nobody in any of the maps, zero people in FM. For some who have contributed much to their world, starting fresh in a semi-populated world like Scania would be quite the endeavor. Each world has their own economy, this I get. However some worlds have now reached the same point in their economies and could benefit from another merger, similar to GAZED. I found Reboot to be an interesting spin on the current game, but it still pains me to leave all my work behind(over 20 characters) not to mention a bunch of NX gear. No community is currently the main issue plaguing the game. People grind and grind, without stopping to smell the roses. MMO stands for massively multiplayer. I don't know about you but when I walk around Maplestory, I don't get that feel anymore. If you read some of the comments on Youtube videos of why people quit, maybe it could spark some new ideas for player retention. Monster Carnival was one of the best ways to level up, but it didn't deter from the social aspect. Having multiple people in one map killing monsters is fun, and when you have fun, you make friends. As you make more friends, your gravitation towards the game becomes more than just the content, but the friends you've made. I don't think this game is beyond saving. You've created Reboot which to be honest would never have even crossed my mind. Make Maplestory great again!
SuspiciousKimmy

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    I bet you came here to post this thinking that you had this revolutionary new idea that no one's ever thought of, huh?

We've brought this up time and again, but it'll never happen because no one will ever incur a personal loss(mules) to benefit the game as a whole.
  • ZolatoZolato
    edited October 2016
    By reading your post I know you want to make this game great again, but it's in your best interest to keep positive suggestions alive no matter how repetitive they are. I may not read the forum or know about the "common talk" around here but I just wanted to speak my mind. That's all.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2016
    I'm just saying. I agree that the worlds should be merged way the hell down. At best there should be Scania, Reboot(cause of the speshul snowflakes), Windia, Bera and one other server comprised of GRAZED, MYBCKN and Broa. But it'll probably never happen because then people would lose all their precious event/storage mules across whatever servers.

That and the part where some people might have maxed out their character slots and have them populated on more than one world. The long and short of it is, when Nexon decided to make their stupid little "world alliance" thing out of twelve individual servers, they well and truly shot themselves in the foot for ever properly addressing population issues.
  • ZolatoZolato
    edited October 2016
    I think I read somewhere that they're going to be deleting some dead accounts. Those accounts aren't making Nexon any money, so I see their reason. I think yeah it would be difficult to determine which characters to transfer other than raising character creation slots to something like 100. And the influx of items would impact the trade market to a degree. For the heavily funded and developed players I can see this posing as a problem, but the average mapler will eventually die out due to lack of an early to mid game community. I remember when community was established very early on(KPQ) which facilitated long term players, but currently there isn't such a facility. *cries*
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Should just do another alliance, kick the can further down the road. It's not like current players are strangers to the alliance system by now, and there aren't very many new players coming in to get confused by it. GRAZED is sorely lacking in population. I think last I checked, MYBCKN and Khroa were in similar positions. Bera seemed to be getting to that point, too.
  • ZolatoZolato
    edited October 2016
    What exactly is the purpose of this alliance if I can't transfer my character from world to world?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Zolato
    Zolato said:

What exactly is the purpose of this alliance if I can't transfer my character from world to world?
    The purpose of an alliance is to get you more people to interact with.

Right now you are in Broa, which is allied with Khaini. That means that many of the people you see in FM, or run across in PQ or training areas, are, in fact, in Khaini. You can't really tell them apart from Broans. You can do everything with them - trade, train, party, buddy, guild, whisper - the same way you'd do it with Broans.

You say you see nobody around. That means no people in Broa or Khaini.
    There are many other worlds in the same situation. The GRAZED alliance and MYBCKN alliance each consist of six different worlds - and they are still nearly empty.

Fennekin's suggestion is to ally all these worlds together, making one big United Worlds of MapleStory alliance with 14 worlds in it. Then maybe we'll be able to see some people around.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

But it'll probably never happen because then people would lose all their precious event/storage mules across whatever servers.

I'm sorry but what does that^ mean?

Are you saying that someone for example in Grazed, has an event/storage mule on Khroa for example? What for?
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

Aggraphine

But it'll probably never happen because then people would lose all their precious event/storage mules across whatever servers.

Are you saying that someone for example in Grazed, has an event/storage mule on Khroa for example? What for?
    Mmm, he's talking about an actual merge. As in, all fourteen dead worlds become just one world on the selection screen. Right now, with the alliance system, someone in Galicia can have storage/event mules in Renegades, El Nido, etc. and be able to transfer them to their main account (can't remember if it worked through storage or if they'd need a third party to transfer).

If Nexon were to do an actual merge of the fourteen dead servers instead of an alliance, they'd need to take into account that some people may have multiple characters across the servers that are getting merged. They'd need to either grant unlimited/obscenely high amount of character slots for that mega-server, force players to abandon certain characters to keep in line with whatever limit they place, or come up with some other creative, probably convoluted solution.

And also, a few people I know have filled up EVERY server in their account with name-holders from that event with the freeing up of names a while back lol. And then there was when special characters started getting allowed in names.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2016
    Fennekin
    Fennekin said:

KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

Aggraphine

Mmm, he's talking about an actual merge. As in, all fourteen dead worlds become just one world on the selection screen. Right now, with the alliance system, someone in Galicia can have storage/event mules in Renegades, El Nido, etc. and be able to transfer them to their main account (can't remember if it worked through storage or if they'd need a third party to transfer).

If Nexon were to do an actual merge of the fourteen dead servers instead of an alliance, they'd need to take into account that some people may have multiple characters across the servers that are getting merged. They'd need to either grant unlimited/obscenely high amount of character slots for that mega-server, force players to abandon certain characters to keep in line with whatever limit they place, or come up with some other creative, probably convoluted solution.

And also, a few people I know have filled up EVERY server in their account with name-holders from that event with the freeing up of names a while back lol. And then there was when special characters started getting allowed in names.
    If you have an account(or more) with a shitload of mules on it, solely to either hold more names than you're ever going to need(or so you can sell them, cough cough), or to take advantage(read: abuse) low-effort events, then you get no sympathy from me and I fully hope you lose all those mules to some sort of server merge.