[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

[Monster Collection]Orange Ancient Beetle

MikevsZodaMikevsZoda
Reactions: 1,055
edited August 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Missing Monster/Unimplemented Content

Brief bug summary:
This monster, the Orange Ancient Beetle, listed in the Monster Collection with other Tower of Oz monsters, does not appear to spawn anywhere in-game. This makes it impossible to collect.
9PbLBlm.png

More details:
Every other monster on the Tower of Oz page can be found on various floors throughout the tower, but the Orange Ancient Beetle in particular doesn't seem to show up anywhere. The regular Ancient Beetle, also in the Monster Collection, spawns in the F48 jump quest, but there is no sign of the Orange variant, either in my experience or in any video I can find of Tower gameplay. So this monster cannot be collected through regular means, and by extension, the Tower of Oz page cannot be completed, and the Dorothy Cube Chair page completion reward cannot be collected. Data for the Orange Ancient Beetle is apparently in the game files, it just hasn't been placed anywhere in the game.

If anyone can prove otherwise, I'd love to know it.

Steps to reproduce:
Proceed through the Tower of Oz, killing a variety of monsters,, unique to this dungeon. The monster in question does not appear to spawn in any of the 50 floors.

Character name:
MikeZoda

Character level:

Character job:
Hero

World name:
Reboot

Date and time of the incident:
8/23/2017, but appears to have been a problem since the Tower of Oz monsters were added to the Monster Collection

Comments

• PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited August 2017
    Actually, they did recently add the orange beetle to floor 48 of Oz.
  • MikevsZodaMikevsZoda
    Reactions: 1,055
    edited August 2017
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    Actually, they did recently add the orange beetle to floor 48 of Oz.

Oh. Well then. I may not have made it to that floor recently and gotten a bit overzealous while sorting through my monster collection list for any other uncollectable ones in addition to my previous threads. Very embarrassing.

So uh...if a mod would like to go ahead and lock/delete this thread. I'll just...see myself out.
This discussion has been closed.