[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Monster Collection]Zakum cannot be Collected

MikevsZodaMikevsZoda
Reactions: 1,055
edited August 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Logic Error, Non-Existent Monster

Brief bug summary:
There is a monster listed in the Monster Collection under the El Nath tab listed as Zakum1 (sic). This refers to a version of the Zakum boss that can no longer be fought following said boss receiving a revamp. This monster cannot be collected at this time.

More details:
8fl12AL.png

The version of Zakum listed in the Monster Collection refers to a previous iteration of the boss that consisted of 3 individual forms with their own health bars: Zakum1, Zakum2, and Zakum3. Refer to the following links for data on these 3, no longer accessible forms:
http://global.hidden-street.net/monster/zakum1
http://global.hidden-street.net/monster/zakum2
http://global.hidden-street.net/monster/zakum3

This is the version of Zakum we can currently fight in-game, following a revamp some time ago. Note the name difference.
S9ku7V9.jpg

Note that the Chaos version of Zakum appears to function properly. This is a problem with the Normal version.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Kill hundreds of (Normal) Zakums, but be unable to collect this instance of the monster.

Character name:
MikeZoda

Character level:

Character job:
Hero

World name:
Reboot

Date and time of the incident:
August 6, 2017, Approx. 10 PM EST, and many times prior and continuing

Comments

• PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited August 2017
    To fix this glitch, the solution is to change the string name of "Zakum1" (mob ID 8800000) to "Zakum".
  • Y0ugenieY0ugenie
    Reactions: 405
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Are we still able to get the 3 monster spawns from zakum?
  • MikevsZodaMikevsZoda
    edited August 2017
    Y0ugenie wrote: »
    Are we still able to get the 3 monster spawns from zakum?

It should be possible, though I haven't had much luck yet personally. When you first kill normal Zakum's arms he'll spawn 2 Boogie, 2 Puco, 2 Punco (monster #1), and 2 Opachu (monster #2). By all appearances they should be collectable, but Zakum's so easy and fast to kill, even by accident, that I don't get to kill many of them. Maybe someday RNG will bless us.

I'm pretty sure Chaos Zakum spawns plenty of Chaos Kusko (monster #3), though whenever I'm fighting it I don't have a lot of time to check the names. Some reason all the spawns in Chaos have slightly different names from the normal version (Puco is Chaos Puko, Opachu is Chaos Ooparts, iirc), but Chaos Kusko should be right. Going to do my weekly cZak kills tonight, will edit my post with confirmation that cKusko is available to kill later.

Edit: Did my kills, and like Izzy says below, Chaos Kusko is there but will be hard to get enough to kill without a lot of luck. Monsters like these that spawn from bosses are probably among the hardest to collect just for limited boss entries and low spawn rates (the three Zakum spawns, Hilla's Deadly Altar, Arkarium's Netherworld Monks, Lucid's Nightmare Golem and Mushroom perhaps?). I expect that personally, my best bet will be to just save up monsterblooms, rare as they are, collect everything else I can, then blow them to hopefully get these boss spawned ones.

AlexF wrote: »
    Heyo,

Thanks for the report. I've forwarded this.

Thanks for passing on all those reports I piled up at once. Looking forward to making my collection full and in pristine condition someday!
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    edited August 2017
    Chaos Kusko (Cuzco for normal) is definitely available to kill. The thing is, you have to beat all the arms fast enough for Zakum to summon them, and even then it's only 2 at a time.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    edited August 2017
    Update: As of v 188, Zakum1 was renamed to Zakum, so we can collect it now.
    YinYangX
  • MikevsZodaMikevsZoda
    edited August 2017
    That's good news! Can't imagine how many times we'll have to kill the thing to collect it, but a few character's worth a day should be effective. Yeti Cube Chair here we come.