[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Monster Collection]Misnamed Elites? Update, Fixed

MikevsZodaMikevsZoda
Reactions: 1,055
edited September 2017 in Bug Reporting
Edit: 9/13/2017, I'm still working on confirming which elite prefixes can spawn, but by all appearances, every instance listed in the Monster Collection is actually correct now. Previously I falsely assumed elites labelled Unstoppable was a mistake, but it turns out that is a newly added one. I haven't seen an Overwhelming elite spawn yet post-v188, but others have said it does spawn, now that the two attack types of former Overwhelming elites were split off into that and Unstoppable. I spawned a Magic-Resistant elite, and it turns out that the hyphen was in fact added, so even that assumed text error on the Possibly-Evil Seal is no longer a problem. I also just spawned a Charismatic elite, so all of those are just fine now as well.

All in all, barring getting an Overwhelming elite to spawn for confirmation, it appears that the Monster Collection is finally in 100% working order. I apologize for jumping the gun and posting several incorrect bug reports on it recently. Thank you to AlexF for passing on my reports, and thanks to the dev team for getting everything squared away. It's nice to know that even for the severe performance issues the game is suffering at the time of of this post that we can work to get some things fixed if we take the time.

Comments

• MikevsZodaMikevsZoda
    edited September 2017
    This post is completely irrelevant now. All elites seem to be spawning properly and named correctly.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited September 2017
    The old Overwhelming was changed to Unstoppable in this patch, so now it's like this:
    Overwhelming -> Unstoppable
    KO -> Overwhelming.

And the mobs have those prefixes now.

As for Charismatic, it's possible that they changed Charming to Charismatic in this patch, but I haven't spawned either yet (since they nerfed elite mobs), so I can't confirm.
  • MikevsZodaMikevsZoda
    edited September 2017
    Hm, is that so? I had asked some guildmates which prefixes they'd seen spawning after the patch and I'd noticed the changes and they claimed that it was Overwhelming/Charming that were spawning still. I'll have to spend some more time farming to see if I can spawn either Overwhelming/Unstoppable or Charming/Charismatic monsters to confirm one way or the other. Without the spawn rate increase of Eluna, and with the servers being absolute garbage at the time of posting it will be a bit of a chore, but doable. (And honestly, if would have been nice if these possible changes were in the patch notes. Unless I'm blind and somehow missed that note? It's possible)

In the event that the prefixes have been changed...again...for some reason, there will still be 3 elites with incorrect names. The Possibly-Evil Seal remains ever so slightly off from exactly right of course, but the 2 previous KO elites have been relisted as Overwhelming Chief Qualm Guardian and Overwhelming Steel Xenoroid EX. That would have made them correct if that's the one that still spawns, but if it really is Unstoppable now, they're still one step behind.

Either way, the Monster Collection remains unable to be completed in its current state, and I'll keep working to get it fixed. Even if my own information keeps falling out of date in the attempt. Thanks for the heads up.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    edited September 2017
    MikevsZoda wrote: »
    Hm, is that so? I had asked some guildmates which prefixes they'd seen spawning after the patch and I'd noticed the changes and they claimed that it was Overwhelming/Charming that were spawning still. I'll have to spend some more time farming to see if I can spawn either Overwhelming/Unstoppable or Charming/Charismatic monsters to confirm one way or the other. Without the spawn rate increase of Eluna, and with the servers being absolute garbage at the time of posting it will be a bit of a chore, but doable. (And honestly, if would have been nice if these possible changes were in the patch notes. Unless I'm blind and somehow missed that note? It's possible)

In the event that the prefixes have been changed...again...for some reason, there will still be 3 elites with incorrect names. The Possibly-Evil Seal remains ever so slightly off from exactly right of course, but the 2 previous KO elites have been relisted as Overwhelming Chief Qualm Guardian and Overwhelming Steel Xenoroid DX. That would have made them correct if that's the one that still spawns, but if it really is Unstoppable now, they're still one step behind.

Either way, the Monster Collection remains unable to be completed in its current state, and I'll keep working to get it fixed. Even if my own information keeps falling out of date in the attempt. Thanks for the heads up.

The one that stuns is now Overwhelming (like before, but this time it's only that one), and the Shadow of Darkness is now Unstoppable. Don't know about Charming/Charismatic though, it takes 10+ minutes to summon an elite.
  • MikevsZodaMikevsZoda
    edited September 2017
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    The one that stuns is now Overwhelming (like before, but this time it's only that one), and the Shadow of Darkness is now Unstoppable. Don't know about Charming/Charismatic though, it takes 10+ minutes to summon an elite.

Ohh, okay. I see what you're saying. So now both Overwhelming and Unstoppable exist as possible Elite types with their own function? In other words, neither of those types is actually a problem at the moment. I'll amend the report further.

And yes, Charming/Charismatic is going to be harder to check. Charming was already one of the less common types to spawn according to my data, and now that elite spawn rates have dried up post-Eluna, it's going to take a bit to confirm whether Charismatic is the new flavor or not.

Once again, would've been real nice if any of this was in the patch notes before I made yet another bad assumption.
  • MikevsZodaMikevsZoda
    edited September 2017
    Of the 4 prefixes I was still concerned about, I can confirm that 2 of them are working as intended now. Unstoppable elites do in fact spawn, split off from Overwhelming as Izzy rightly said. The Magic-Resistant prefix was also changed to be spelled and punctuated just so, so it turns out I was all the way wrong on that one as well. I suspect that with these fixes that Overwhelming and Charismatic elites also spawn as of this patch. If this thread isn't locked by the time I do so, I'll make one more confirmation post once I'm able to spawn those two types.

Thanks to everyone that contributed to my threads on this little Monster Collection crusade of mine. Even if it's just the small things, it's nice to know we can work together and get some things fixed up.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    edited September 2017
    Have you found any Charismatic elites? None have spawned for me at all.
  • MikevsZodaMikevsZoda
    edited September 2017
    No sign of any yet, either in Charming or Charismatic form, though I haven't been able to farm many lately. Time and the non-Eluna-boosted spawn rates haven't been kind this week (to say nothing of the godawful quality of the servers recently on top of that). Maybe a Hasty Hunting event will come along soon to speed things up again.

Charming (and likely Charismatic if that's what it is now) seemed to always be a fairly uncommon spawn. I recorded the prefixes of 600-700 Swollen Stump Axes while trying to collect that particular elite, and only 7 Charming ever spawned. This is in comparison to Overwhelming, Speedy, or Powerful which had 30+ instances each.

I'm recording Ripe Wolfruit prefixes now since I'm too high level to spawn Stump Axe elites due to the changes made by v188, but it's slow going.
  • MikevsZodaMikevsZoda
    edited September 2017
    Have you found any Charismatic elites? None have spawned for me at all.

Just got one to spawn from a rune of darkness. Can confirm that Charismatic is in fact the new Charming. Only thing I haven't seen now since the patch is Overwhelming, but you've confirmed this one, yes? If so, the Monster Collection is definitively in perfect order. For now.
    PirateIzzy
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    edited September 2017
    MikevsZoda wrote: »

Just got one to spawn from a rune of darkness. Can confirm that Charismatic is in fact the new Charming. Only thing I haven't seen now since the patch is Overwhelming, but you've confirmed this one, yes? If so, the Monster Collection is definitively in perfect order. For now.

Yup, I can confirm. Oddly, I've gotten several Overwhelming but 0 Charismatic. I recently added Overwhelming Steel Xenoroid EX, so it definitely works.
  • MikevsZodaMikevsZoda
    edited September 2017

Yup, I can confirm. Oddly, I've gotten several Overwhelming but 0 Charismatic. I recently added Overwhelming Steel Xenoroid EX, so it definitely works.

Very good to know. Now that all the prefix shenanigans seem to be settled, I'll be recording what types spawn for me, see if I can't get some stats on how common certain ones are against others. Certain ones might be more rare than they were before. I'll probably post my data in another section of the forums after a couple thousand spawns, maybe find out if my data matches with others'.

Thanks for helping with this whole Monster Collection thing over the last month or so. Your info was very helpful, especially in the cases where mine was entirely wrong.
    PirateIzzy