[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

In-game message spam. [POLL]

BadlarBadlar
Reactions: 940
edited July 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I'm here to make a poll asking if maplers want a toggle on/off option for the in-game messages. The in-game messages consist of messages such as honor exp, exp drops, Crusader Cards etc. showing up in the chatbox. The messages are there to "-give a player some feedback on the game's current status." - GM. However, these messages have a tendency to fill up the chat while you're grinding or bossing. I suppose this is OK if you're not keeping any attention to the chat, but if you are it becomes a challenge to keep up with your guild, alliance and/or friend(s). Examples:
XZJpBEr.png
IW5mso4.png
Therefore, i want to be given the option to have a cleaner and more organised chat.
I did not include Meister messages etc. because they only show up in global chat, also known as the "say" chat.
  1. Would you like a toggle on/off option for in-game messages?19 votes
    1. Yes.
       89% (17 votes)
    2. No.
       11% (2 votes)

Comments

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited July 2017
    Another idea is to throw those types of messages should be thrown into combat.

I honestly believe that the chat needs to have more custom options to enable more user-customization and should be brought up more often and supported.
    BadlarBahamut_XSlicedTime
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited July 2017
    Another idea is to throw those types of messages should be thrown into combat.

Back when they added the combat tab I thought they'd do all that, but of course they only put the stuff that appears in the bottom right of your screen like EXP in it. We don't need a second instance of something we already can't turn off. We need this "you may not use this skill yet" "you are not high enough to use this skill" sectioned off to quit filling the actual chat window. And while they're at that, section off megaphones into their own tab and/or make it possible to toggle their visibility. The drama and "LF carry" spam gets obnoxious very quickly.
    Badlar
  • BadlarBadlar
    edited July 2017
    Now when everybody gets a megaphone for free it gets pretty annoying. But otherwise people are paying real money to have their message seen.
  • BadlarBadlar
    edited September 2017
    Bump
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited September 2017
    how about the honor spam? When your training and the monsters drop honor and it fills up your chats. I really don't need a running count of how much honor I have picked up. All the honor spam makes it hard to keep up with conversations.
    Lizardnix
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    I just want a world smega toggle on/off. Whenever people use that, I freeze for like a second. It's annoying especially when it clogs up the chat if whenever someone reaches 250 or something like that.
    Badlar