[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nova Event Confirmed 11/08 and Speculation.

SpiritFoxGamingSpiritFoxGaming
Reactions: 1,535
edited October 2017 in General Chat
For anyone that hasn't seen it already, The Nova Attendance Event (assuming from the Nova Update) is listed in-game on the Events Area as Starting 11/08.

From this, I assume we're receiving the first part of the Update either the 7th - 9th Or the week after. I could be wrong but I don't think Updates land on a Wednesday, Normally it is a Tuesday or Thursday iirc.

With this info we can pretty much confirm when about Cadena will be released, If it works like KMS then Cadena will release on the 2nd update, Assuming the Part One lands on the 7th-9th I can see Cadena releasing between the 28th - 30th. This is assuming we receive the update spread out within a 2week or so Span each Part of the Nova Update similar to how KMS did it. Illium on the other hand, I don't see releasing until around Dec.

Now for the issues I see happening. It was nearly 2 and a half months for the full Nova patch in KMS, If it goes off that same idea for GMS then it will conflict with the holiday season. This could either mean 2 things. Either we're not going to get a Christmas event this year OR were going to have events that were not in the original Nova update being tossed in. I am assuming the latter and if I am right about that then take this as a Warning, We might see an onslaught of events flying at us all at once for the next months. Between Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Nova being mixed in with this.

From what I remember we've only seen this happen one other time and many people didn't take part in a lot of events due to time constraints and the extreme amounts of them all happening.

The only other way I can see this not conflicting with Holiday events is if they changed it from 5 Patches into a 3 Patch Update, Starting the 7th-9th and ending right before Christmas. I can see this happening since Thanksgiving isn't usually that big of a deal in MapleStory (event wise). But I highly doubt this will happen..... on a side note, there is a chance we won't be bored for a while.
darikGitWokeYinYangXSherri

Comments

• SpiritFoxGamingSpiritFoxGaming
    edited October 2017
    waiting for Christmas so I can open my Wallet and toss $1,000 on this game for Double Miracle Time. Maybe I'll find a girl friend before Christmas and I can end up spending $1,000 on her.

..... I'm a girl. Kappa
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    "Conflicting" with holiday events?
    The big winter patch always has major updates as well as seasonal events. Always. It's how Nexon tries to make sure everyone who has a Christmas vacation spends it in Maple.

As for your speculation on the dates: I believe the "Nova Attendance" is a hype-building event coming one patch before the actual Nova patch and content. Same way we had that prelude to the Heroes of Maple where Neinheart had us fighting off Demons that were trying to attack or trap the legendary Heroes. So I think we'll get the first real Nova patch on November 29. Cadena may or may not be available right then. GMS often compresses several KMS patches into one.
    GitWoke
    edited October 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    I think we'll get the first real Nova patch on November 29. Cadena may or may not be available right then. GMS often compresses several KMS patches into one.

That is true also, Which is why I said possibly 3 patches instead of 5. But I doubt it will be on Nov 29th. If anything it will probably be around 21st - 23rd. I doubt Nexon would release a patch like Nova that late into the year. If they release it to late it can end badly because of the patches not ending until after the new year. The last time they did that it ended horribly due to glitches that couldn't be fixed because Nexon was off for Holiday Breaks, ect. I remember one event in particular not even being playable and was just straight up removed and never added back into the game. They also had to call people into work from their break just to fix some stuff. It was a s*** show, to say the least. Not to mention you have to feel bad for the person that is called in on Christmas day to fix a glitch...

If they do this lets hope they have a Tespia prior to the release so nothing like that can happen. All in all, i doubt the 29th would be a good idea, that would mean they'd need to release a once 5 part update that was released over a 2+ month time frame within less than a Month and includes events that were not originally planned for said update.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017
    I don't care all I care about is waiting for Christmas so I can open my Wallet and toss $1,000 on this game for Double Miracle Time, LMAO I remember last Christmas I ended up dropping pretty close to that much. Maybe I'll find a girl friend before Christmas and I can end up spending $1,000 on her.

Whew, a thousand huh? Well, Christmas time is spending time! I know I'm gonna buy me some premium surprise boxes, I love those things.
    darik
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited October 2017
    I think we'll get the first real Nova patch on November 29. Cadena may or may not be available right then. GMS often compresses several KMS patches into one.

That is true also, Which is why I said possibly 3 patches instead of 5. But I doubt it will be on Nov 29th. If anything it will probably be around 21st - 23rd. I doubt Nexon would release a patch like Nova that late into the year. If they release it to late it can end badly because of the patches not ending until after the new year. The last time they did that it ended horribly due to glitches that couldn't be fixed because Nexon was off for Holiday Breaks, ect. I remember one event in particular not even being playable and was just straight up removed and never added back into the game. They also had to call people into work from their break just to fix some stuff. It was a s*** show, to say the least. Not to mention you have to feel bad for the person that is called in on Christmas day to fix a glitch...

If they do this lets hope they have a Tespia prior to the release so nothing like that can happen. All in all, i doubt the 29th would be a good idea, that would mean they'd need to release a once 5 part update that was released over a 2+ month time frame within less than a Month and includes events that were not originally planned for said update.

I hate to say it, but all of the events point to Nova coming out the 29th. Nexon does love a Christmas Patch :T -waits for the chaos-
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017

Thanksgiving events end November 28, so it's pretty clear we're getting a patch on the 29th. The only questions are what it will include and which part of it will unlock when. The patch after that will likely be the Valentine's Day one, so two months later.
    We can hope for Tespia, but Tune Up ended up full of bugs despite being tested that way.

The best time to release new content is when all the kids go on break from school. Yes, it's also the time Nexon employees go on Christmas vacation, but they're just going to have to be on-call in case stuff breaks down. Same as every year.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited October 2017
    I don't care all I care about is waiting for Christmas so I can open my Wallet and toss $1,000 on this game for Double Miracle Time, LMAO I remember last Christmas I ended up dropping pretty close to that much. Maybe I'll find a girl friend before Christmas and I can end up spending $1,000 on her.

Suppose you do get a girlfriend in 2 months, 1000 is too much to be spending on her for that time frame.
    darikSherri
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited October 2017
    Suppose you do get a girlfriend in 2 months, 1000 is too much to be spending on her for that time frame.

True, which is why I was planning on getting her one of my FreeCST shirts to rock as a bill board. And I can get myself some nice stuff to go with my Astronomy equipment.

Invest in a new telescope. Hear good things happening in space.
    edited November 2017
    Just realized I was right on it being 21st-23rd. What are the chances LUL

Also my Cadena Hype is real af rn
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2017
    Just realized I was right on it being 21st-23rd. What are the chances LUL

Also my Cadena Hype is real af rn

but the patch actually happens on the 29th if you watch the update preview vid... so everyone that said the 29th was correct, and you were close but incorrect, unless they are just giving confusing dates (which may also be the case).

edited November 2017
    You're right? They are giving confusing dates, When the part for Cadena first released in the Pre-Registration site it said she was coming out Nov 21st, Now it says Nove 29th... Well my hype just died a little bit FeelsBadMan
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017

That's.. pretty sad..