[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Option to save equipment combinations

VolumezVolumez
Reactions: 1,335
edited October 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I had this idea the other day, why not have an option to save gear combinations you like, or might need for different occasions.
It's kinda similar to the Legion board presets, you save up to 3 board presets you like and you can change between them with a push of a single button.
So let's say you enter a boss fight and you're wearing your dmg gear, by the end of the fight you would want to change to your drop gear and it's super tedious wearing it piece by piece while taking damage, potentially losing lives and maybe even failing because of it.
I think it would be pretty awesome if we had the option to save up to 3 presets of gear combos, that way with just a single click we would be able to instantly change to our dmg, drop, meso gears etc'..
  1. Would you want the option to save gear presets?9 votes
    1. Yeah!
       89% (8 votes)
    2. Neah!
       11% (1 vote)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    If Nexon wanted you to be able to change to drop gear easily, they'd have removed the restriction on changing equips while taking damage (just as they changed that restriction for dropping items or summoning/dismissing pets).
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited October 2017
    This was a QoL suggestion that was brought up by a number of Maplers I met with at Twitchcon over the weekend.

Currently, there is a restriction that prevents you from changing your gear while in combat, but this is actually a restriction in many games. These games still have the option to change your gear set despite this restriction.

For example, in Tera you cannot change your gear slot when in combat, but once you're out of combat, you can toggle to a different gear set. I don't see the harm in this for MapleStory, but do let us know if there are any foreseen issues with a suggestion like this.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    More pressing matters than this in my view.