[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Madhouse Diary (Collectible) Resetted

Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
Reactions: 6,020
edited October 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
EDIT: It seems that this got moved to suggestions, I've reformatted it in this case.

After the v.189 – Midnight Monster Bash Patch my Chloe's Picture Diary (Collectible) and Secret Shadow Diary (Collectible) have been reset that was obtained from the event that ran 2 years ago.

I'd like to have the item changed so that it has a different functionality from Chloe's Picture Diary and Secret Shadow Diary.

The item should function as a Collectible that doesn't have information erased. It should be as "a static item that's not tied to the event at all".

Previously as a bug report:

Bug type: Functionality

Brief bug summary: After the v.189 – Midnight Monster Bash Patch my Chloe's Picture Diary (Collectible) and Secret Shadow Diary (Collectible) have been reset that was obtained from the event that ran 2 years ago.

This was before I accepted the Madhouse event that is currently in-progress.

Character name: Its2Sharp4U
Character level: 228
Character job: Blade Master
World name: Scania
Date and time of the incident: Wednesday, October 18th, 2017 @ 7:20 PM EDT

Here are screenshots of the bug being reported:

Chloe's Picture Diary (Collectible)
giFo7Mx.png

ghe9mBd.png

Secret Shadow Diary (Collectible)
z9hHTPE.png

MLX5IgJ.png

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    I'm so happy to see that my warning Neospector about this, two weeks ago, had zero effect.
    1pTC3pG.png
    Maybe upcoming content needs to be leaked a little sooner, so we can tell Nexon what could go wrong with it while there's still time to fix things...

Also, these threads:
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/10435/event-specific-medals-disappearing
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/10245/returning-events-resetting-permanent-rewards
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    Heyo,

We've heard back on this and the reset of the Diaries are intentional.

*sigh*
    Sounds like Nexon don't exactly understand the concepts of "collectible" or "permanent".

I guess I should ask you to move this thread to suggestions and forward it as such (including the two threads I linked above).
    Thanks.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    To add insult to injury, now that the event is over, my old diary disappeared, even though I never accepted the event this time.
    Oddly enough, I still have the Shadow Diary.
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    Yeah, I got the quest to enter the Manhouse yesterday but Madhouse Cassandra just disappeared off the face of the Earth. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯